Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are 15"-16" bronze wheels so hard to find in our size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not putting my Falken Hanabis back on... they're just too big and wide for my taste anymore. Unfortunately, the 15" model only comes in 4x100! Same with the 15" Konig Helium, another of my choices.

I want something different. I don't really want Rotas. I don't want a set of bricks (I won't settle for anything heavier than 1 pound per inch of the diameter... so, 16lbs max for a 16" wheel) I don't want something wider than 6.5". I don't want to pay a fortune (I'd like some 5Zigen FN01R or even FN01R-C... but even the cast C model is expensive!)

I keep looking online and in magazines, and anything I like is either crazy expensive, or discontinued. Anybody have any suggestions? I'd love to get some oldschool JDM wheels (yeah, I know they're trendy now...) Unfortunately, I don't think Bronze was a popular color until recently, so oldschool bronze probably doesn't exist

Wheel whores, help me out!

you might have to settle for a different color and bring them to a shop to get painted/powdercoated...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I'm getting a set of 15 x 7 black racing pro n1. $155 each from edge racing. Not super lightweight, but decent cast japanese rims.
      members/ride | the/website
      180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Originally posted by 92acclude
        I'm getting a set of 15 x 7 black racing pro n1. $155 each from edge racing. Not super lightweight, but decent cast japanese rims.
        Hmm, it's ironic that the second I read this thread, I came across the same wheels.

They want 189/each for 15's tho.

Comment

Yeah, I was considering Black Racing. They're actually a 5Zigen company. $155 each is decent. That's what my Falkens cost me.

Comment

Remember also that as much as you don't want Rotas, they do make the GT-3 in 15 x 7.

I also have a friend that can get me 5zigen fn01r for $235 and fn01rc for $155.

www.autornd.com has team dynamics wheels 15 x 7 for 135 each. And those weight like 9 pounds.
            180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Rotas...

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

you can get C10's, c8's, GT3's, as well as many other Rota's in 15/16 (mostly 16) bronze... I'd just get rota's
                OS^e
                1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

coz cb7s aren't supposed to sit on anything smaller than 18s
                  5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                  JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    I'm not putting my Falken Hanabis back on... they're just too big and wide for my taste anymore. Unfortunately, the 15" model only comes in 4x100! Same with the 15" Konig Helium, another of my choices.

I want something different. I don't really want Rotas. I don't want a set of bricks (I won't settle for anything heavier than 1 pound per inch of the diameter... so, 16lbs max for a 16" wheel) I don't want something wider than 6.5". I don't want to pay a fortune (I'd like some 5Zigen FN01R or even FN01R-C... but even the cast C model is expensive!)

I keep looking online and in magazines, and anything I like is either crazy expensive, or discontinued. Anybody have any suggestions? I'd love to get some oldschool JDM wheels (yeah, I know they're trendy now...) Unfortunately, I don't think Bronze was a popular color until recently, so oldschool bronze probably doesn't exist

Wheel whores, help me out!
                    Konig heliums don't come in our bolt pattern? damn dude you just crushed my hopes, i love those rims.
                    CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

ROTASS!!!! 5-lug swap...I'm considering a 5-lug swap to get some better rimses...

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

www.jlbmotorsports.com

15 x 7 Rota GT-3, $465 shipped.
                        180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

damn you're right. all the sick ass rims only come in 4x100!

teh suckness
                          "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                            ROTASS!!!! 5-lug swap...I'm considering a 5-lug swap to get some better rimses...
                            I thought you were getting a Maxima? was that you? i could be wrong
                            CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

See why I don't want Rotas? If you want expensive rims, everyone thinks Volks. Inexpensive, everyone thinks Rota. I want something somewhat different. Falken was a good choice, but too big for me. ALL of the rims I've come across that are availible in 15" and 17" sizes (Hanabi, Helium) are ONLY 114.3 in 17" size! Why do the wheel companies think that people with bigger cars like Accords need the big rims?

Comment

Working...
                              X