Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do they even make these? Clear upper timing cover.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they even make these? Clear upper timing cover.

well i was wondering if someone out there makes clear plastic timing covers. that way u can see the cam gear. its to shitty here to just make the half moon cuts and leave the gear exposed but i like being able to see the gear. so i was searching and couldnt find a clear timing cover (atleast the top half) for my 93 civic. so i was wondering if anyone has seen them. they probably do not make them, but its worth a shot. if you wanna flame or question me about this keep it in pms.......dont fuck up my thread.

moon cuts arent to see the gears, its to be able to adjust em without taking off the V/C and upper timing cover.

a clear cover would look cool, but ive never seen one or heard it mentioned anywhere ever.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

why do you want to see it? i guess show it off?

i bet they don't make them cause the stock one is a softer plastic. and clear soft plastic is hard to see through, if they replicated the stock one.

if they made it from harder clear plastic, it would be crystal clear like my dizzy cap, but turn brown/clear in the first 5 miles from heat.

they probably just hadn't thought of it yet. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
        moon cuts arent to see the gears, its to be able to adjust em without taking off the V/C and upper timing cover.

a clear cover would look cool, but ive never seen one or heard it mentioned anywhere ever.
        yea i know moon cuts are for adjustable cam gears. i would do it for that, mine would also be for looks. yea neither have i. they probably dont exsist.
        Last edited by 91accord4door; 12-11-2005, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
          why do you want to see it? i guess show it off?

i bet they don't make them cause the stock one is a softer plastic. and clear soft plastic is hard to see through, if they replicated the stock one.

if they made it from harder clear plastic, it would be crystal clear like my dizzy cap, but turn brown/clear in the first 5 miles from heat.

they probably just hadn't thought of it yet. later.
          its just something differant. i wouldnt do it unless they had clear covers. i just thought it would be differant, and look cool. also i would be able to see how good of condition my timing belts in without removing the cover.

Comment

I know of one company that makes a carbon fiber cover for moon cut VCs.
            members/ride | the/website
            180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

on my'n a took a hole saw that was 3inches or a little bigger so I could see and adjust my cam gear, I was going to make a clear cover out of plexiglass but never got around to it
              ricers make baby jesus cry

Comment

You know what would be sweet? A clear valve cover - and there is a compound that is available from bulletproof glass that can also me molded into a valve cover or upper timing cover...

Personally, that is a good freaking idea and I think you could make some cheese off of it.
                My CB7

Comment

Working...
                X