Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 owner sues.. haha

Man this is a first....

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A Chicago man who bought Microsoft Corp.'s new Xbox 360 has sued the world's largest software maker, saying the new video game console has a design flaw that causes it to overheat and freeze up.

ADVERTISEMENT

The proposed class action claims that in Microsoft's bid to gain share in the $25 billion global video game market, the company was so intent on releasing the Xbox 360 before competing next-generation machines from Sony Corp (NYSE:SNE - news). and Nintendo Co Ltd. that it sold a "defectively designed" product.

Robert Byers, who brought the suit, said the power supply and central processing unit in the Xbox 360 overheat, affecting heat-sensitive chips and causing the console to lock up.

Microsoft spokeswoman Molly O'Donnell on Monday said the company does not comment on pending litigation.

Complaints about the problem surfaced quickly on gaming enthusiast Web sites after the Xbox 360 debuted on November 22.

Console owners reported that some systems had crashed during regular use as well as during online game play using the Xbox Live service. Problems included screens going black and the appearance of a variety of error messages.

At the time O'Donnell told Reuters: "We have received a few isolated reports of consoles not working as expected."

She declined to say how many reports Microsoft had received and said that calls reporting the issue to the company represented a "very, very small fraction" of units sold.

The lawsuit, filed on Friday in federal court in Illinois, seeks unspecified damages and litigation-related expenses, as well as the replacement or recall of Xbox 360 game consoles.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Thats what you get when you buy a brand spanking new, hardly tested video game system from Microsoft.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

Comment

microsoft does it again. they should have just stuck with MSDOS.

linux fo life

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

That's why I JUST got my PS2 I know it's the best design there will ever be!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            Which one is it? The slimmer version?

I know the 1st generation ps2s tended to burn out its lenses due to constant DVD player usage. No major ones other than that one though.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

Word. I got my xbox about a year and a half after it came out.
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

Word. I got my xbox about a year and a half after it came out. No problems what so ever.
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                  Which one is it? The slimmer version?

I know the 1st generation ps2s tended to burn out its lenses due to constant DVD player usage. No major ones other than that one though.
                  yup, and people dont believe me when i tell them this...

i buy the new systems about a year after they come out.

^sold

Comment

Originally posted by lowoctane

Yeah I bought my first ps2 a couple months after it came out..I just got a new one last summer from my gf shes so good to me.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    Legend FSM

Comment

i still like xbox more than PS2...lol

Comment

Originally posted by lowoctane

I did that with my PS2 and still had problems with the lense . . . but since I opened it I couldnt send it back . . . oh well
                        -Mark-
                        CB7
                        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

ever wonder why MS released many versions of the original xbox (hardware revisions)? they changed dvdrom manufacturers during the process too, since the first run sucked.

thats why its good to wait about a year later... bugs have been worked out, and price has dropped to half.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Or buy a Nintendo. There is a video out there where these guys tie a gamecube to a car and drive it for like a mile with it dangling and afterwards it starts up fine.

Comment

every "new on the market" electronic device is goin to have glitches. dont you guys remember that when the 1st XBOX came out, it had the same similar probs as the 360 is havin. things will get worked out. i heard about this early last week. and i bet the 360 will end up being the bomb once all "gremlins" are worked out. but i will say that the 360 shoulda been put throu more rigerous "RnD" {research and development} before hittin the shelv's.

Comment

Working...
                              X