So my motherboard is fried...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my motherboard is fried...

Yeah, my lovely Biostar motherboard that I bought last year is dead. I suppose leaving the computer on all the time isn't a great idea! I just ordered another of the same, so I guess I can count on another year! (I ordered the now dead one last november, go figure...)

Anyway, Billy Joel tickets went on sale today at 10am. I told my fiancee that we would go online at 10 and get some. Well, waking up to a deal motherboard was pretty crazy! I'm SO glad that I felt the urge to buy a wireless router and a $45 laptop (which is working quite well now, as you can see!)

Much thanks to my soon-to-be brother-in-law Sean (93twodoorLX on the board here) for ordering our Billy Joel tickets for us this morning!

my motherboard got fried last spring now i have a Dell laptop i like it so much better and it has centrino technology thats a step up from last year i had dialup it sucked

Comment

Before anyone comments with misinformation, I have to set it straight by saying there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with leaving a machine on all the time. I do it. Mike does it. Everyone and their brother does it. What about the millions of servers all around the world as well?

I'm sorry that yours took a shit, but it was for some other reason. Leaving your box powered on 24/7 is not bad for it in the least.

Comment

yea same thing just happened to me about 3 weeks ago. got another epox from newegg.com oh yea my harddrive refused to work as well. so some more money was spent but luckily to my suprise circuit city had a deal on a 160gig WD hard drive for 50 bux after a 70 dollar rebate - good deal
        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
        Check out my JDM F22B swap
        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

i cant remember one day that i turned my PC off (besides to do repairs) since back when i bought my athlon 1.0 like... forever ago

repeating the bootup procedure sucks more power than leaving it on all the time, so leaving it on all the time saves power too. it also heats the room lol

sorry bout the mobo death mike, i had a biostar a couple years ago and loved it.
          Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-19-2005, 12:45 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

It's a cheapie, but it works
            Perhaps leaving it on isn't bad... I've heard arguments from both sides there... I wonder if I got a power surge, or if something was just on it's way out. Earlier yesterday, I was getting no sound. Didn't take the time to check connections, but nothing was moved from the last time I used the computer to listen to music, so it should've been fine. When I came home last night, the speakers were buzzing horribly. They started working, but nothing else did. Couldn't even get my mouse to respond to turn the monitor back on. Tried to turn the computer off with the power button, and it didn't respond, so I flipped the switch on the power supply. That was the end Now everything sometimes powers up, but I get no bios beep. A couple times I would get a pair of beeps from the system speaker, two different tones. No idea what that is (perhaps something like a CEL in our cars?) Regardless, I just dropped $60 on a new board. Might as well start fresh!

On a happier note, I just spent ANOTHER $60 on a pair of Dunlop SP tires for my DX. Fixed the shaking, and grips like a bovaphile milkmaid at work! The money is going out faster than it's coming in right now, but at least things are getting fixed!
            Last edited by deevergote; 11-19-2005, 04:22 PM.

Comment

billy joel kicks ass

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                billy joel kicks ass
                hell yea billy joel he is the shit

Comment

Working...
                X