weird option in a CD I drove today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird option in a CD I drove today...

Well, today at my valet job, I drove a CD Accord. A 94 or 95. It was an EX sedan, 5 speed. However, when I got in the car, I saw something I've never seen in ANY Honda before. A FACTORY CELL PHONE. Not like a little new thing, no. This was actually built into the dash, and placed under the radio and stuff. Flush with the radio. Big numbers on it and everything. Anyone ever seen something like this or is this one off? Yes, it was OEM Honda.

+ '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Yeah I've seen those before. Nothing special really, in fact I believe it's an analog style phone.

Comment

yea my freind who has an 92 lexus has a phone in there its pretty tite

Comment

I remember seeing that in an Accord brochure long ago. I thought it was the coolest thing back in the day. I see a few cars around town with it.
        Past rides:
        -1989 Honda Accord LX-first love, sold
        -2000 Honda Prelude base-traded for the S

Present rides:
        -1993 Honda Accord wagon LX-still going!
        -2002 Honda S2000-white w/ red int.-No words to describe this little 4 banger!

Comment

My first 4 door EX had one. Nothing special. Actually I took it out of the car because it got in the way. It also had an OEM cd player which you don't see very often either.
          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

ive come across one, i was going to buy one on ebay a while back just cuz it looked cool, but its pointless since its analog anyway (prez808 is correct, im sure he remembers back when that thing was first mentioned on this site)

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I don't remember. I just remember seeing them at Honda on some demo cars. I would always check out the new models when getting the oil changed. The antenna was a stuggy thing that sat on the windshield. I was never too fond of that either.

Comment

my friend has a 86 legend with an oem phone in it...it was an option before but now we have cell phones...so these are useless and would be considered expensive
                So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

That what the OEM cell antenna looks like? I have one of these...but the phone is long gone, just the wire remains.
                  Last edited by FuriousJDMLBM; 11-17-2005, 09:42 AM.

Comment

i saw a cd5 coupe a while back, ex with tan leather on ebay a while back. it had a factory celly too

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Damn. I thought I saw a rare piece of Accord-age. lol.

* shrugs *

Oh well.

Yeah, my '89 Cadillac had one and it worked and everything. It was kinda cool. But I thought it was funny that it was in a Honda.
                      + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

When I was leaving the junkyard about a week ago I was walking out and I saw a silver cb7 pull up and i was like, "that is what color I want my car to be." I walked around it to check it out, it had oem rain gaurds, oem mudflaps, and it was a 1991 silver SE with BLACK LEATHER interior! It was in PERFECT condition! It was love at first sight! The guy was showing me the inside and there sat an oem carphone! OMG! It was amazing! Haha, I was like a 5yr. old watching fireworks!

Comment

Originally posted by h22accordaz
                          When I was leaving the junkyard about a week ago I was walking out and I saw a silver cb7 pull up and i was like, "that is what color I want my car to be." I walked around it to check it out, it had oem rain gaurds, oem mudflaps, and it was a 1991 silver SE with BLACK LEATHER interior! It was in PERFECT condition! It was love at first sight! The guy was showing me the inside and there sat an oem carphone! OMG! It was amazing! Haha, I was like a 5yr. old watching fireworks!
                          sounds like you need to go back and get pics for us . . .
                          -Mark-
                          CB7
                          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

I asked the guy that was driving it if he was planning on selling it, and he told me that in a month or so he was going to sell it! I gave him my number and told him to call me the second he wants to sell it! I only had my phone on me and the picture I took serves it NO justice! You can only tell that it is a silver cb7 with a moonroof and KINDA see the rain gaurds! I want the car sooo bad... It was funny because I asked him if I could take a picture of his car and he looked at me funny and said, "Me!?!" hahahaha. It was a kodak moment!

Comment

I almost forgot that it had ABS too! Haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X