No announcement yet.

Site Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there were a suggestion section...I suggest that it be like the OT where post counts do not increase. Otherwise all the post whores will come out the woodwork.

Comment

Originally posted by [mike]
      anybody ever open up a haynes manual and notice that the first page of every chapter has this exact suggestion already done?
      Awesome Mike. I really am suprised at the kinds of ideas people come up with sometimes...

Comment

anybody ever open up a haynes manual and notice that the first page of every chapter has this exact suggestion already done?
        Well I think we have a smartass on our hands. It could be used as an online reference.

Of course we've picked one up mike I had two of them once...but when you have people going into various sections trying to describe something...they get more views on the topic than responses.

How is that for a helpful site? More views less talk yup thats how it is here at Cb7tuner.com 'We give you hell even if you need help.'

So I dunno about you but it would be at least helpful for some people. Im sure when you first joined this site you had tons of questions on parts.

I thought the main focal point of this site was to help out other people..not fucking bash them to no end...understand?

What about swaps? Or Auto to Manual conversions..or some things people need help with that you can't find in Haynes.

Haynes maybe the bible but shit it doesn't really cover any specifics on what problems some of the members ask about.

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
        Awesome Mike. I really am suprised at the kinds of ideas people come up with sometimes...
        Yeah I bet you think its awesome...don't you. Just trying to throw some ideas out there but some people do see it as such..they'd rather mock it or bash it to hell.

You guys want changes then read it don't bash it. Can you pinpoint some of the major components on the cars people have issues with on this site? For fucks sake it was an idea I had AN online reference for people who need to figure out shit quick..why spend 12 dollars when the components can be pointed out online and printed at the same time for FREE.
        Last edited by HenRoc; 11-02-2005, 12:05 PM.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

that wasnt meant to be so offensive. just, when you mention swaps or auto-to-manual conversions, all of the info is right here. and most of it is easily findable by opening the "popular thread index" at the tops of the forums. and this spring a full a2m convo DIY with pics etc will be done by me.

but when it comes to locating stuff in the engine bay, that isnt really the job of cb7tuner... not knocking that idea in particular, just it seems like most people try to use cb7tuner as a first attempt, and dont even consider flipping thru a couple pages and seeing what they can find out first.

i would have to say, anybody here who needs help locating and naming parts in the engine bay NEEDS to have a manual, because they obviously need one. and if they have one like they should, then they dont need to come to cb7tuner to find out that that plunger in the corner is the cruise control actuator... and if they are too lazy to pop open the book and do some research themselves, then i dont feel like helping them here on the website.

i wouldnt bash you for making a thread with pics and diagrams like you suggested, it would be a great addition to the site... BUT, i said that because theres other things that can be done to improve the site instead of re-making info that should already be in front of every newbie on here, in print..
          Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-02-2005, 12:54 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Well I was thinking morely a stick to go with the specified thread. As you know almost 90 percent of the new guys ask the same topic thats been discussed over and over , search doesnt seem to be an option for them.

It wasnt meant to be a bash but it seemed like it but whatever. I'll just drop it.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

plunger in the corner is the cruise control actuator...
              Ding Ding Ding !!

Come on DOWN!

*Price is Right theme Music*

Comment

You know, several years ago, when I first got access to the internet, I was ecstatic because I could find info on just about anything I needed to find out with a little bit of searching. Laziness has all but killed off this original idea with many new users.

Why?

I don't actually give a fuck. I just find it pretty amusing how there are so many people that think it's fucked up when they can't just go someplace and get all their questions answered for free with ZERO work whatsoever.
                Last edited by Dirty Harry; 11-02-2005, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X