Owned more than one CB7/9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owned more than one CB7/9?

I'm obsessed with these 4th gen Accords. I have owned 3 of them and plan on buying another one in the hear future.

I was kinda curious how many other obsessed 4th gen owners are on here.

How many have you owned?

What kinda were they (EX, LX, DX, SE, EX-R & 2dr/4dr/waggon).

What kind of things have you done to them and what was your original reason for purchasing each one?

Mine:
    91 EX 2dr - bought to daily commute. Spent several years researching the car but didn't modify anything until after I owned it for about 3 years. Did the usual bolt-ons. Ended up gettin stripped and chopped up.

91 EX 2dr - bought for the sole purpose of dropping an H22 in it along with other goodies. F22 got pulled the same day I bought it. Drove daily for a while until a truck destroyed the whole pass. side.

93 EX 2dr - bought as a new daily driver. Pulled a built motor out and sold it. Dropped in an F22 and drove it daily for a year and a half. Recently swapped a 5th gen motor into it and have plans to build up for some serious racing.

4th CB???? Preferably a wagon so I can haul shit around and use it as a dialy driver "pick-up truck". Plan to keep it stock with only a minor motor swap and some minor bolt-ons. Keep it simple and cheap.

How about you other 4th gen freaks?

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

I've owned 3 myself

1st: 92 4door lx: bought because I was 16 and needed a car and knew that honda's were very reliable. Plus, I love how CB7's look....there soo sexy.
    Mods: lowered and bolt ons.

2nd: 90 2door ex: bought because I wanted a 2nd car since I can't drive my 92 everywhere. Plus, I bought a f22b1 motor/ auto tranny and planned on swapping it in.
    mods: none
    sold it because I was tired of an auto and wanted a 5spd.

3rd: 93 4door dx: Bought for a back up car. Daily driver.
    Mods: building list

I do plan on buying another....when IDK. I'm also trying at this time to get my mom to buy my sis a CB7 and also have my dad buy a CB7 strickly for work (paper route car). < my dad and I have a paper route (pays great )

I would love to have 4 CB7's at my house! hehe

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

love/hate relationship w/ mine so i would only have one.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

My dad is an Accord freak. He loves them, he was the one that
        got me into it. He's had a few of them...

-1984 LX 4dr - I was kind of young. But i do remember it was
        burgandy with burgandy/Red interior. It was pretty cool, i was
        very intrigued by the guages and the dash clock it had.

-1985 LX-i Hatch - I remember it being light blue. God i loved that car
        it used to haul ass. LOL. I remember i used to read the owner's
        manual like everyday day. It was just such a cool car.

-1991 EX 4dr - Black, bought it in 1996. To me i thought it was the coolest
        thing. Loved everything, felt like we were riding in style. Sunroof, Alloys,
        Spoiler, sound system Too bad my uncle drove it into a light post
        and it caught fire.

-1992 LX 4dr - Its the car i have now. got it back in 2001. My dad drove
        it for a while, then handed it down to me since he wanted something
        bigger. He ended up getting a 98 Odyssey. I've had the Accord since
        '03...230,xxx miles and going, and still clean as $*!T

I guess thats it for the Accord legacy. I plan on keeping this car
        forever, so its going to be here for a while.

Comment

nah my first accord..but the best car i have ever had....i remember like 10 years ago riding in my aunts cb7...she still has it to this day..the same one as me...but hers is manual tranny....she says she loves it and even if she gets a bmw will keep it.

Comment

me i owned 4 with mine ..

90 accord ex (auto) blk

93 accord ex (5spd) blk

93 accord lx (auto) h22 marroon . current .

and my next one which is in my sig

93 accord lx (auto) arcadia green .

so i have 2 current
            "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

I've just owned two.

90 EX Coupe AT teal - I bought it in October of 98. I figured since I had just finished high school I would finally buy me a cb7 after years of wanting one. I drove all the way up to Portland OR from Medford OR just to buy it. It only had 84k on it. I was shocked when I finally first saw it in person as it had rust in the usual spots. It must of been a coastal car because rust is very uncommon in S. Oregon. Finally sold it less than year later because the rust came back after spending hundreds of dollars on getting it repaired. Got my money back. I had only put 7k on it.

93 EX coupe 5-speed rosewood - This is my current ride that I bought way back in Sept. 99. I found it on a tiny car dealer lot after a long month of searching and driving my grandma's POS 80 something S-10 pickup. The car had been traded in by the lots mechanic so it was very well maintained. The car still doesn't leak or burn an ounce of oil even with 178k. Bought it with 104k back in 99.

I've conteplated selling my baby for something newer and with 4 doors. But in reality, I don't think I could ever part with her. I might just try to buy a newer car and keep this one for the weekends.
              "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

We just bought a 93 EX coupe. Auto with 93,000 kms on it. About 60,000 miles. Air still works, and it's gotten a workout for the last few weeks.

Comment

I had 2 including my current cb

1st) 1991 coupe 5spd lx

2nd) Wagon 5spd ex

Comment

As far as CB7s, my parents have owned two, both of my brothers have owned at least one, and these were mine....

92 LX auto (frost white) - my first car, had it for 2 years and put 20K miles on it, later sold it to my younger brother

92 LX auto (frost white) - drove it for 3 years and 100K until it was rear-ended and totaled(R.I.P. )

93 LX auto (bordeaux red) - bought it cheap because it had been wrecked, fixed it up, drove it for a couple weeks, then sold it to my cousin who still owns it today

93 EX auto (rosewood brown) - belonged to one of my customers, it had a broken timing belt and they didn't want to fix it so I bought it, fixed it, drove it for a little while and then sold it to a friend who still drives it

90 LX 5 spd (seattle silver) - bought it for $50 with no motor/trans, reconstructed it with parts from my wrecked 92.....and its still not done

92 LX 5 spd (bordeaux red) - bought it because none of my other cars were drivable and I needed somthing to drive for the time being....maybe selling it in the near future

For my next one, I would like to find a 92/93 EX 5 spd....just because I havn't owned one before
                    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

I currently own 2 92's... an LX sedan (in my sig) and a DX coupe (my turbo project).
                      I also have my 86 LXi hatch, that I am desperately trying to find a home for! (as in, throw me an offer, I probably won't refuse!)

Comment

i owned 3 so far ,

1990 lx auto - pewter gray (first car)
                        1990 exr auto - Red (parts car)
                        1991 exr 5 speed - silver seattle (current)

Comment

In chronological order of how CB7s came to be in my family...

1990 EX sedan 5-spd (Seattle Silver) > My dad bought this car with 216K miles on it from a co-worker who maintained it well. He got it initially because he knew the owner took care of it and it was reliable transportation. Little did he know he started a trend. My dad's transportation as of now, it's stock except CD headunit.

1991 SE sedan auto (Solaris Silver) > My dad and I saw this car at a Honda dealership. We checked it out and in the same day he bought it. This car had 96K miles on it when we got it and we had the dealer service it completely for the price my dad bought it for. Now this car has a 92/93 front end clip because of my dad rear-ending someone. My mom's transportation as of now, it's stock except CD headunit & speakers.

1991 EX sedan 5-spd (Frost White) > I found this car on Autotrader casually looking around for a rust-free CB7 and when I found this one, I jumped on it like crazy (made instant plans to fly down to Florida to check it out, got the days off work etc). I ended up leaving on a Friday, checking car out Saturday & buying it. It had 155K miles on it. Left to aero3685's house Saturday night and we stayed up until 3am servicing it so I could have a safe trip back. I even brought new Honda wiper blade inserts in my bag, to replace them (good thing I did, it poured on the way back). So I drove the car back 19.5 hrs on Sunday to fall asleep at 5 am, only to wake up at 6:30 am and get to work by 8 am. This is my spring/summer car and wilder F22 SOHC project car. Mods are full suspension and front brake upgrade. It has a CD headunit and speakers. More to come...

1991 DX coupe 5-spd (Phoenix Red) > I found this car on Autotrader also in Ohio. I was looking for a low rust daily driver since I do not want to expose my white one to winter/salt here in Michigan. I also have various other reasons for having this car. It had 200K miles on it and still does as I haven't driven it officially because it is not yet insured or registered. I have a milder F22 SOHC setup for this car, currently no mods to it but many pending. I already have parts for it.

1993 LX sedan 10th Anniv. auto (Frost White) > My dad bought this car from a co-worker he had been hassling to buy it from. She finally gave it up and he got it with 124K miles on it. It had rear quarter panel rust fairly bad, but he recently got it fixed. The metal was removed & replaced & repainted. It looks very nice but a few minor spots of rust that he'll touch up later. This car was very well taken care of and I just did front-end suspension work on it (all front joints are good now, new end-links). I replaced the heater core in it w/OEM, so it does not leak anymore and the driver-side window master window switch was replaced w/OEM part. Car will receive new rear rotors/pads shortly and be ready to go. My dad likes doing preventative maintenance on our cars as soon as we get them, so we don't have to worry about it for a while and can rack up the miles on them with no worries. This car will be my sister's transportation and is stock, but CD headunit.

My mother, father and I put about 600 miles on each of our cars easy per week. That's why we have these cars, they are great & reliable and perfect size for what we use them for.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

ive owned 5, and still own 4 of them at the moment.

*1* - 1993 LX, white sedan, 5spd. 247k. first cb7 that i worked on and got into, didnt get very far with it before i realized it had too much rust. put the h22 in it, had jdm onepieces and red/clears, also that was the first car i swapped the grey interior into. also did the blue LED dash. PIC - not long after i bought it, had red/clears and jdm onepieces. u can see the h22 sitting next to it. corolla is the first car i ever "owned" and drove all the time. notice didnt have cb7 stickers, they didnt exist yet!

*2* - 1993 EX, white sedan, auto. 117k. bought it to replace the first LX, swapped everything between the two cars and converted to 5spd while i was at it. so it looked basically tyhe same, just almost no rust, and it had sportline springs and EX alloys. LX was converted to stock and sold. then, i got in an accident, fixed it, then the hood popped on the highway and wrecked this car. PIC - this is how it sits right now, its just for parts. when im done using what i need im gonna sell lots of extra parts.

*3* - 1991 EX, white sedan, auto. 120k? bought it from PM after he got in a front end accident. i drove it after i wrecked my good EX. been through some annoying repairs with this car (headgasket, etc) but its a nice car and i still have it. planning on selling it soon. PIC - how it looks now, front end not fixed yet. will be getting hood and bumper painted in a couple weeks.

*4* - 1993 EX, white sedan, auto. 199k. bought it recently, its going to be my "good" car again. have TONS of parts, all the original mods from my first car plus dozens more all waiting to be installed. will convert to 5spd while i install the h22. i dont even wanna explain what else i have for it until im done (few months) and able to post pics. PIC - pic from the ebay auction. sitll kinda stock right now until i finish it in a couple months.

*5* - 1990 EX, grey sedan, auto. 170k. bought it very recently for very cheap, its running on 3 cylinders but the body and interior are very nice. going to swap a new f22 into it and sell it to make some profit. PIC - it sitting in the parking lot a couple minutes after i bought it

so yeah, as of right now, i own three driveable cb7s (93 EX, 91 EX, 90 EX) and a 93 EX parts car.
                            Last edited by cp[mike]; 08-14-2005, 09:29 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I am currently on number two I first had a 91 ex 4 dr auto now i have 93 lx 4dr 5psd in comparing the 91 was great had it almost two years sold it with 210k the handling on this one was superb having the rear sway bar and all. The 93 def has more torque, power, speed, etc. etc. but no sway bar which is only a matter a buying one and installing it.All in all I am definately a cb7 chick always.

Comment

Working...
                              X