90-93 Accords made in Ohio are more prone to rust out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90-93 Accords made in Ohio are more prone to rust out

I am convinced from personal experience that 4th gen. Accords made in the US are more prone to rust. The Accords made in Japan had better body parts resistant to rust. For example, there are few Acura Integras with rust problems like 4th gen. Accord, all Acura Integras were made in Japan (correct me here).

I am so upset from my rust to the point of dishing out $500 for a temporary repair. This sucks.

youre wrong. all older hondas have rust in the same spots. some are luckier than others though (like me). its the salt from the roads in the winter.

Comment

LOL it's all owner care...my car's 12 years strong w/out even a hint of rust; it's a VA car. I've had it over one very bad winter and it's still not rusty at all. I dunno where my car's from though.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

whats rust?

Comment

ppl that think hondas that are made here rust faster is kinda dumb...it all depends on the road conditions u have and how the owner takes care of their car..
          So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
            LOL it's all owner care...my car's 12 years strong w/out even a hint of rust; it's a VA car. I've had it over one very bad winter and it's still not rusty at all. I dunno where my car's from though.

never decoded the VIN?

but its where the car has spent most of its life and the care the owner gives it. not many members on here have had their cars since brand new and its hard to say exactly how the car was taken care of.

EDIT: errrrrr... i guess what he said ^ ^ ^ ^ ^*nghtrydr

Comment

there is no difference in where they were made as to how they rust. they are all made from mild steel. i always laugh at the people who think they have no rust, its there, anywhere the dirt gets and rubbs the paint away. that is how it starts. the reason it rusts is cause the metal is exposed. period. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by fac90
                I am convinced from personal experience that 4th gen. Accords made in the US are more prone to rust. The Accords made in Japan had better body parts resistant to rust. For example, there are few Acura Integras with rust problems like 4th gen. Accord, all Acura Integras were made in Japan (correct me here).

I am so upset from my rust to the point of dishing out $500 for a temporary repair. This sucks.
                All Integras were built in Japan.
                Most of the Acura line comes from Japan.

But heres a quick search for you......

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...9&page=1&pp=15

Comment

my JHM 93 LX had insane amounts of rust, tons and tons more than my two 1HG 93 EX's ever had.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                    my JHM 93 LX had insane amounts of rust, tons and tons more than my two 1HG 93 EX's ever had.
                    Knowing this, is the final word that rust will equally affect Accords of both origins?

Comment

Car is a car and eventually it rusts..

IMO it really dosen't make a difference in the car's origin. The way they have been painting cars in the factory have changed over the years. It doesn't matter what type of car it is or where it was built.

Cars are meant to rust, just like parts are meant to break. Unless a person really maticlously cared for the car that they owned then yeah I would say the chances of rust a alot less on a car of that caliber versus one that was never maintained bodywise.

I think newer cars from 95-onwards use a special type of paint on a car. I know on the older Neons they used this powder painting process in hopes to defeat rust and also curing the metal in zinc.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

as long as cars are made of steel, they will rust. it does not make a difference what kinda powdercoat or paint technic they use, dirt will be there to grind it off. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                          as long as cars are made of steel, they will rust. it does not make a difference what kinda powdercoat or paint technic they use, dirt will be there to grind it off. later.
                          hes saying their now sealing the metal so that its harder for the metal to rust . . . plus, dirt doesnt cause rust . . . notice how rust is really prevelant in northern states where salt is widely used? . . . road salt is more to blame for rust than dirt . . . texas has more dirt than new england . . . yet new england has more rusty accords . . .
                          -Mark-
                          CB7
                          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

why does typeG say later at the end of his every post? so like when he commits suicide, he has done his deed of saying goodbye to everyone or something?

later
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i always love when people find it necessary to sign every post with their name.. even worse, with their screen name.. the could simply save some time and put it in their sig.. like me..

Comment

Working...
                              X