Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ny/nj/ct/pa meet, randalls island, july 30th or 31st. check in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ny/nj/ct/pa meet, randalls island, july 30th or 31st. check in.

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...ewpost&t=26103

that is the link. i know, technically, this is NOT supposed to be here. i hope that the mods give me permission to do this just for the next couple days to a week. this is because, not all members view the regional forum.

so far we've got about 10 members confirmed, i would like us to have a strong meet because there are many activities to be done that day. talk to me people! typesbaby, jdm91cb, br0nx finest, 91ACCORDSIR, jeesare, jak frostwhite, blkhonda1991, ralph0924, and many more will be in attendance. i'm sure you will not want to miss this one.

i'm hoping that the sjc (south jerz crew) will see this and check in, for example: deevergote, tito92ex, maybe even empera and the like. i'm also trying to get in touch with cpmike, and a couple other people. i swear if this meet fails to have more than 10 members in attendance, i will not host another meet evAr. lets do this one time for your mind, its the summer of '05 and we need this shit to be strong!

another idea floating in my head is, if we do it saturday and later that night roll down to avenue p. (kearny, new jersey) or even to hunts point and get a couple races. if you guys don't like that idea, we can lock in sunday as the date.

lets do eeeet, we've got just over a week to plan and prep.

directions here! directiones aqui!
    By Car:

(Note: toll is $4.50 entering the island and free when leaving the island)

From Manhattan:
    Get on the Triborough Bridge at East 125th Street. Stay left for the exit to Randall's and Wards Island, immediately after the toll plaza.

From Queens:
    Get on the Triborough Bridge from the Grand Central Parkway. Stay right for the exit to Randall's and Wards Island, immediately after the toll plaza.

From the Bronx:
    Take the Major Deegan or Bruckner Expressway to the Triborough Bridge. Stay right for the exit to Randall's and Wards Island, immediately after the toll plaza.

From Long Island and Brooklyn:
    Take the FDR Drive North to the Triborough Bridge exit (on right). Stay right up to and after the toll, following the signs to Randall's and Wards Island.

From New Jersey:
    From I-80 or the New Jersey Turnpike, get onto the George Washington Bridge. Follow signs for "Through Traffic" (on the upper level, stay to the left; on the lower-level, stay to the right) to get onto the Cross Bronx Expressway, then take the Harlem River Drive/Amsterdam Avenue exit. Keep left onto the Harlem River Drive, then stay straight to take the FDR Drive South to the Triborough Bridge. On the Bridge, stay left for the exit to Randall's and Wards Island, immediately after the toll plaza.

By Foot:
    You can walk across the footbridge from E. 103rd St. in Manhattan onto Randall's and Wards Island Park during summer daylight hours. Pedestrians can also walk across on the Triborough Bridge from Manhattan, Queens, or the Bronx.

here you guys go. i even got directions for people on feet.
    Last edited by br0nx finest; 07-22-2005, 11:18 AM.
    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

JULY 30th/31st? Isn't that like a month away?

*realizes it's not June*

Put me on the list, I'll be there.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

anyone who is planning to attend, please post or pm me your cell #.

Prev CBs:
      -'93 BRP LX 4AT
      -'92 AGP LX 5MT
      -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

you see, thats what im talking about, my man gives directions even for people on their feet, but lets wait till further in the week, to get this list of people attending this meet, so we know they show up for SURE, including myself in my hooptie

Comment

Damn Bronx.....your doing a great job arranging this meet. And since your putting every effort, I will make sure my ass will be there. Make no doubt about that. Hopefully I'll have someone to roll with. Kinda like a back up road side assistance. Your directions look on point. Well, if you need any help let me know. Want me to bring some rice and beans? I might bring me some chicken just incase we go anywhere to eat and the same shit happens to me again. Don't want to go through it again.

Comment

That's it Luis... you're banned!

Only kidding... I do this sometimes as well.

I'm going to request one thing though. Not really for the board itself, but for the ease of everyone going to the meet (whiich I, sadly, probably won't be able to attend...) I'm asking that all discussion about the meet be restricted to the REAL meet thread. You can bump this all you want to keep it visible, but keep the conversation in one place. It's hard when you have 2 threads discussing the same thing... let alone in two different sections of the board!

So, if it's a question, statement, or suggestion about the meet... put it in the thread linked at the top of this one, please!

Comment

pooey - my schedule and car are unable to allow me to go to meets - im moving back home in a couple weeks and thatll open up my schedule, but a week or two after that, my car is being stripped down to be finished (losing the suspension, entire interior including the dash and everything iinside of it, and motor) then who knows how long itll take me to finish my car once i start that... but once im done with THAT then ill finally be able to start going to meets again (any of you would be ashamed to see how POORLY my cb7 is being taken care of ... every time mauricio sees it he gets annoyed and gives me a garbage can to clean it out lol)

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thanks Wil. i'm tryna make sure we can get at least 10 cars. i'll be satisfied with that.

deev, yeah i will keep this thread just as a visual reminder and keep all the planning in that other one. thanks, i didn't really think about the amount of confusion it would cause i'm mad you can't come, but i'll try to have another one in august. maybe you can attend that one?

mike, damn bro. i'm sorry to hear that, but on a good note: whats your total amount of current cb7s? like 4? if you need a hand, i'll bring 91ACCORDSIR, and jdm91cb, and come give you a hand. not only because you're the coolest evAr, according to jdm91cb, but because i'd like you to give me a hand with my fogs in a couple weeks

deev, also, another good idea i got.

what about making it an announcement for the next week and a half? then we could delete this thread.

announcement with details as for what the meet is gonna be about, where its gonna be, when and what time. and all the other details will be in the main regional thread?

we should "announce" every ny meet. but now i'm seeing how focused that is, and possibly the smaller states members might want their meet posted as well and cause chaos. damn damn damn.
                Last edited by br0nx finest; 07-23-2005, 08:53 AM.

Prev CBs:
                -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

please, do NOT post anything regarding the meet in this thread. this is a visual notification for those who don't visit the regional forums much. the link to the regional thread for this meet is below:

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=26103

Prev CBs:
                  -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                  -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                  -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

ttt, more views... meet is this sunday people.

Prev CBs:
                    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                    -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Working...
                    X