There's one born every...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's one born every...

minute. I swear the shit that surfaces on eBay never ceases to amaze me. You guys have got to check out this auction. You need to read the entire item description in order to become completely disgusted and overwhelmed with the scent of bullshit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2449980922
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

i don't have much knowledge when it comes to the powerplants/engines of our beloved cb7, but damn, this quote about did it for me:
    There is an estimated $5,000 in parts and at least $4,000 in labor invested into this motor.
    so i'd be getting an engine worth $9000?!?!?! wow, what a deal.

another great one is:
    You are bidding on a never used H23/H22 hybrid performance Motor and Limited-Slip Transmission. This motor has been rebuilt for performance.
    so it hasn't been used, but it's rebuilt?!?!?

hopefully no one bids on that garbage... the auction starts off at $2500 and doesn't include most of the things you'll need for it to run.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

This is like the 3rd time ive seen that thing listed.

Comment

It's all the stupidity out there sh*t

Comment

Trites

1992 H23 powered CB7

Comment

u know thats pat's engine, right? ACCLUDE91's? he bought a new cb7 and it had that pile of crap in it, but it wasnt running because of the wiring. so he pulled it out, he was originally gona get it to work but i guess he needs the money instead. but from what i understand from talking to him when he got it, the guy he got it from did alot of work to it, but never could get it to run, cuz of the wiring- which u can see all spread apart. so why is this BS?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

yeah that wiring would scare me...
              I would like to see a dyno of that... if it was in a car

Comment

tru, that is ACCLUDE's engine, we all know hes not a BS, and neither is that engine.. .. Good detective work busted ROFL just messin wit ya

Comment

hmm, the numbers seem a bit exagerated but you got to write some crazy stuff on ebay sometimes... o well, its kinda weird seein a mod on there... o well..

ppi
                  DD: 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe
                  PC: *searching*

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                    u know thats pat's engine, right? ACCLUDE91's? he bought a new cb7 and it had that pile of crap in it, but it wasnt running because of the wiring. so he pulled it out, he was originally gona get it to work but i guess he needs the money instead. but from what i understand from talking to him when he got it, the guy he got it from did alot of work to it, but never could get it to run, cuz of the wiring- which u can see all spread apart. so why is this BS?
                    $9000 spent so far in that engine?!?!!?
                    What IS NOT included:
                    TPS sensor
                    A/C compressor
                    P/S pump
                    ECU
                    Distributor Coil (external coil)
                    Drive Axles
                    Emissions Equipment
                    Exhaust Manifold Gasket
                    and you don't get a complete swap. not bs in that it's not real, bs in the fact that for the money spent, you could get a better deal with less hassle.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Depending on what's done to it, it could be $9000 worth. Of course, you know that all the labor was probably done by himself, so he certianly didn't take that expense... I've done things to my car myself, and I probably wouldn't add that to the estimated value of my car... Of course, I'm not a mechanic either!

With all the internals, P&P, and whatever else is done, it could be worth that much. And the "not been used" coment means that it hasn't been run since it was rebuilt. Since the internals are probably all new, it's practically a new engine.

Still, wiring is the toughest thing with a swap, so I certainly wouldn't want to try to sort through that mess!

Comment

WOW! My motor started a world of shit! Ok...to clear some things up. I did not build this motor and have no association with it besides the fact that it came with the last car I bought. Maybe I should have worded things a little differntly in the auction, but too late now. I don't know jack shit about it besides what I listed in the auction. I did pull the valve cover off and there are definitely skunk2 cams in there, it looks like new valves but they may just be excellent re-grinds, titanium valve springs (not sure what brand tho) and other goodies. It looks brand new in the top of the head. The cam lobes have no wear marks at all. The motor has never been started since the rebuild and you can easily tell that. The outside looks shitty cause the guy did a bad paint job, but paint is paint and that's no big deal. For all parts used including the block, head, tranny, internals, aftermarket goodies, sensors, etc. that easily builds a tab of $5000. If you have generous discounts, you might be able to beat that, but most people can't. The statement I made about it being new was saying that all parts in like-new condition and since it hasn't been used since the re-build it pretty much is a new motor. A motor rebuild usually costs anywhere from $1000-5000 depending on motor/things being done/condition of parts/etc. Based on the things done to this motor and the average prices for each service performed, MY GUESS is that it would have cost someone about $4000 to have the motor disected, all the machine work done and motor re-assembled. Again, if you have discounts you might be able to get it done for less. This is an odd-ball motor meaning that there's not many of them around. Since it's not a commonly done thing, prices for labor may be higher than usual and there's not many shops that would attempt a motor build like this one.....they'd rather stick to what has been proven and what is commonly done cause that's where the money is. The guy I bought it from claims it was built by Inline Pro and they are very reputable. If he's not lying about that, then I'd feel confident this motor will run without any problems. The problem is, I just don't know. There's so many things I don't know about the motor that I'd feel more confident breaking it down, re-building it myself, and then re-assembling and installing it. The parts that are not included are parts I've needed to borrow for other peoples cars or stuff that you don't need on a race motor (emissions equipment, A/C, P/S). I made it a point to list what's not included so that people would know exactly what they were getting and wouldn't get screwed assuming they're getting a full swap package. I also made it clear to anyone that emailed me with questions that this is a project and for them not to expect to get the motor, have it installed and running perfect in a few days. It would take them a while to get it running right. This could be a nice package for someone if they have the time, money and patience to deal with it. I could have lied and just said that it's a full swap and will require no additional parts and all that, but I'd feel bad screwing someone like that. There are a lot of things I could have lied about but I generally try to help people, not screw them ya know. Anyways, sorry for any confusion I caused. If you don't like the motor, then don't buy it plain and simple. I'm gonna continue to try to sell it for the next few months and if it doesn't sell, I'll probably break down and end up installing it in my daily driver. I'm still not sure what I want to do with it tho. We'll see.
                          Last edited by ACCLUDE91; 01-03-2004, 09:55 PM.

My Accord History:
                          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                            Maybe I should have worded things a little differntly in the auction, but too late now.
                            no it's not.. just sign into ebay.. click the link for your ad, and find the button link that allows you to edit your ad. you can edit your ad description from there

Comment

Yeah it is too late. The auction ended 3 days ago. Unfortunatley, the high bidder is not able to get it like they originally thought they could when they bid so I'm still selling it, but prolly not on Ebay again.

My Accord History:
                              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Working...
                              X