Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moddin my car finally...though i have a problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moddin my car finally...though i have a problem.

my friends 1991 honda accords tranny went out and he has no money to get it fixed.

he said that he may concider giving me the parts but then id have to give him something else in its place so that he can at least sell the car.

here is what he has.

his car is white f22a4

stock rims and tires are new, clean rims..no spots or anything.
    drop kit...1.5 inches with strut..i think suspension techniques..
    clear corners
    OEM clean front lip
    Pioneer deck

now my car is stock, i have just bought brand new OEM struts just 3 months ago....my tires are old, probably by summer time i need new ones...my rims have water spots.

--his suspension--
    if i were to swap suspension systems..id have to give up my system....which means the 70+ i paid for the struts are going to go down the drain.

as you can see...my delema...id rather have his setup in tact....and have mine just sitting at home than giving him my setup. then just swap out mine wiht his, 5 bolts and done!

what should i do?

--his rims--
    ill probably take his rims and tires and give mine to him..his is pretty clean...no damages...i have damage on one when i hit a curb..thre is a nice scratch and i have water spots....clear coat is comming off....

my tread wear is like 20% remaining haha...his is brand new hankook or something, really nice looking higher performing tires..

mine are michillen mxv4.

i want to do this stuff, but i dont want to loose the suspension that i paid for. even though i get the whole kit for nothing...i think.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

i say take the front lip, the wheels, and why wouldnt u want to take the suspension? will give ur car a nice 1.5"... is it cuz u paid alot of OEM struts or something?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i just dont want to give him my suspension and sell it. i paid a pretty nice price for my suspension and really to see him sell it would be a waste. id rather have it on the side just incase i want to raise my car again...just swap it out you kno?

but i am taking the rims and tires, shoot new tires and clean rims...my rims are waterspot prone and the thread of my wheels are very thin.

front lip ill take and swap with mine, then give mine to a friend of mine.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

well, if you're so in love with your oem susp. (i understand why - gobs of money for stock parts going down the drain), then just wait till you find some time and money to buy a new set. That's not the only deal out there. I'd only do what i'm happy with doing. So if you don't want to trade your oem susp. just yet, then don't. If you trade now, you'll feel guilty later. So, better safe than sorry. Save up for something else.
        BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

true haha all u guys just want me to drop my car!!....if he still has his stock suspension im doing it for sure! at least i can keep my stock one too just incase, and still live with the dignity that i didnt spend all that cash for nothing...ill talk to him more tomorrow...then ask my friend for a upgraded alarm system. i wish my uncle kept his old system, so i can just give it to the guy so i dont waste shit...

im taking his upper control arm as well....my ball joint is broken on both and its really easy to replace....right? ill ask in the suspension forum...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

well he is going to get the tranny fixed, he fiqured he cant sell the car for much with a bad tranny...and then he will loose money..

the shop said the tranny is fuked up internally...thats their stupid observation...i think its BS.....its probably just the torque converter or something easy...yet they want his money...

so no drop or nothing to me...though i polished my rims since i felt bad that i wasnt getting his...i have a DIY in the DIY forum

i guess i need new tires tooo...hahah

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
            X