Xbox or Ps2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox or Ps2?

Alright guys I'm thinking about getting either a Xbox or Ps2 or christmas, which one do you have/would get? Im into racing games like NSFUnderground...which is on both, sports games, and realistic games. Also I like the grand turismo series for playstation and project gotham for xbox, so that dont help too much. Can anyone give me some advice.
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

if you are making the choice based on racing games alone; go for the ps2; it wins hands down in that genre.

Comment

GT4
      Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

graphically, its xbox, but as far as support of lots of title goes, its ps2. I have a ps2 and one of my roommates has an xbox so i get it both ways. And i think that the graphical differences are so uninmportant anyways, that i dont mind the slight differences is shading and whatnot. Id say ps2, but xbox is good too with the whole store your own music on the harddrive, and no need to buy a memory card, and the already having four controller ports on the front(if youre into multiplayer). But ps2 has GT4 coming and 40 bizillion games out for it. So, long story short, ps2.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

i got both of them systems but i play ps2 the most cause the xbox is broke.
          Diebel S.

Comment

Originally posted by drag-n-race
            cause the xbox is broke.
            ALT CTRL DELETE

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
              i get it both ways.
              lol.

you can't lose with either system. i think it just comes down to personal preference.

as usc pointed out, gt4 is only on ps2.

i wouldn't mind having your dilemma, lol.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

halo 2 anyone?
                Happiness is CR-X shaped

Comment

Originally posted by drag-n-race
                  cause the xbox is broke.
                  whats wrong with it? i can probably fix it.

PS2 has a good share of games, but so does xbox... and xbox is moddable but from the sound of the games u play, im gonna have to say PS2.
                  Last edited by cp[mike]; 12-16-2003, 10:59 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

halo 2 is gonna own. With all the time they put into it, its gonna be nothing less than fucking awesome.
                    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Get a used PS2 and a used Xbox, then you can have both! (till the motors give out...)

Personally, I like PS2 better. Many Xbox games are availible for PC, and you obviously have one of those already (unless you have a Mac...:wtf: )

Comment

well, sometimes, its more about the games, Like i bought the xbox jus so i could play halo, and only halo, i have the xbox jus to play that game, so halo kinda cost me like $250, and thats exactly another reason why i'm gonna buy a ps2, jus so i can play gt4, imo, $50 is too much for any game, but its definately worth $250 if its a game like halo or GT4.
                        Happiness is CR-X shaped

Comment

Appreciate all the advice, but still cant decide...but I think Im gonna go with ps2 even though its slower and uses memory cards. Also does anyone know if either company plans on coming out with a new version anytime soon: PS3? Xbox2? b/c I dont want to buy all this stuff then soon after they quit making games for it.
                          Jay
                          Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

just buy an nes.... contra OWNZ ALL HANDS DOWN!
                            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                              whats wrong with it? i can probably fix it.

PS2 has a good share of games, but so does xbox... and xbox is moddable but from the sound of the games u play, im gonna have to say PS2.
                              i have no idea what happened. there was a huge thunderstorm one day and the system was off and everything hen lightning struck and took the power out for a few seconds. and the xbox is the only thing in the house that turned off and never turned on again.
                              Diebel S.

Comment

Working...
                              X