Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY section restructuring... who wants to lend a hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I'm looking to restructure the DIY section.

Phase 1 will involve creating subsections (interior, exterior, engine, suspension, etc...) and then moving all of the current threads to those sections.

Phase 2 will involve weeding through all the DIYs that are incomplete, unhelpful, or missing pictures.

Phase 3 will involve compiling a list of important DIYs that we need to replace or create

and finally

Phase 4 will involve motivating people to create new DIYs (especially those on the list of important ones.)

Once the restructuring is underway, anyone who lends a hand will remain on as a moderator of the DIY section for as long as you'd like (please tell me if and when you no longer want to moderate the section.)

I feel that once the DIY section is revitalized, the rest of the forum SHOULD follow. I feel the DIY section is the cornerstone of this site, and if we have any hope of staying afloat in the future, we need to start there.

Let me know if you're interested. I think 3 people will be sufficient.
    Hey deev, how come some threads are hard to find on the site but with google its easier ? I know off topic but sometimes searching the DIY or subsections such as nitrous subsections etc seem like they are empty but when we use google the lot pops up ? Again if too off topic; just ignore me.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
      Hey deev, how come some threads are hard to find on the site but with google its easier ? I know off topic but sometimes searching the DIY or subsections such as nitrous subsections etc seem like they are empty but when we use google the lot pops up ? Again if too off topic; just ignore me.
      You have to expand the time frame in which your searching. Below the threads that show up is an advanced search dashboard. Go there and expand the time frame for your search farther back than the one month default (my suggestion is to go back to the beginning). The farther back you go, the more threads pop up after a search.

Also, Google's search engine is much more powerful than the search engine in vbbulletin.

MRT

14.38 @ 98.66mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.346

Comment

Yeah, the vbulletin search sucks ass. It still sucks, even in the newer versions (so upgrading won't even help.)

I'm going to work on getting the Google search bar in the menu bar of this site.

This thread has given me a good idea of who is willing to help out, and the continued contributions to the discussion have shown me who is here often enough to make it work.
        I'm going to start with one person per section. If we need more, I'll pick more (don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it...)

I'm going out of my mind with work this week, and I'm playing a show Wednesday night... so I'll likely create the subforums and assign moderators to them either Thursday or Friday (more likely Friday.) I'll PM everyone I pick with instructions.

Comment

So I think the one google account for pics is prob a good Idea. It would prob be best to have members upload their pictures to their account. With some stipulation that they become the property of cb7tuner.com. Then have the mods for each section copy the link to the google account and replace them in the thread with the google image. This allows the mods you choose to pic and choose the DIY that are worth keeping. And when members "fall off" and their pics haven't been uploaded to the google account the thread can be deleted by someone notifying the Mod of that forum.

Something like that. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Yeah, the vbulletin search sucks ass. It still sucks, even in the newer versions (so upgrading won't even help.)

I'm going to work on getting the Google search bar in the menu bar of this site.

This thread has given me a good idea of who is willing to help out, and the continued contributions to the discussion have shown me who is here often enough to make it work.
            I'm going to start with one person per section. If we need more, I'll pick more (don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it...)

I'm going out of my mind with work this week, and I'm playing a show Wednesday night... so I'll likely create the subforums and assign moderators to them either Thursday or Friday (more likely Friday.) I'll PM everyone I pick with instructions.
            I always search with Google. I wondered why our search function sucked so bad.

Comment

Imgur is typically a pretty good host.

Why not use them?
              MRT
              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
              Originally posted by Tippey764
              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
              Originally posted by deevergote
              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
              X