Life and the pursuit of car happiness..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life and the pursuit of car happiness..

Well everyone, I often feel like I always want something new to drive. I buy another car and quickly get bored with it. I'm never completely satisfied. I like driving something different all the time and it drives my wife bat ish cray cray.

Who else also feels the thirst is never quenched? I'm putting my legacy under the knife for the next couple of weeks, and I know I won't be completely happy or ever finished..

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
    BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
    Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
    CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

I do, but then again I am sure that I do not use each vehicle to its fullest potential.

Comment

Hi, my name is crazymikey and I'm a caroholic.

40 cars in 11 years.

Had the SI for 6 months so far.... I still absolutely love it, BUT, I'm moving to Calgary next week and I'd really prefer an automatic in the city. However, my trade in value is half of what I owe on the car, so I'm going to be keeping this one around for a while for financial sanity.
      Last edited by crazymikey; 09-26-2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I used to, and then I bought a house, then I bought a white four door F150 (I always wanted a white four door truck) tinted my front windows (regardless of it being illegal) and I have not been happier ever since getting out of a lowered Honda.

Comment

Can't say that I've ever been satisfied... But i usually get to the point where Im content. But then again... Im broke and have a kid now so my automotive side has been put on hold.

Comment

I just want something from this decade, or at least the previous one, with working A/C. Even when your car does look decently good, you sometimes want to shed the "ricer/fastnfurious" misnomer.

I think it's even harder when you sell cars that come with all these features and technology; only to "return to the stone age" and drive home.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I partially quenched my thirst with the CTS-V... though it needs some work that I don't feel like doing, and it SUCKS on gas!
              The CB7 is almost road-worthy again, and it's a good mix of fun and efficient.
              The Fit is fantastic on gas and kinda fun to drive, so it's nice to be able to floor it without really feeling it at the pump! (ok, you don't feel it at all anywhere... but whatever... )

I'm still craving a Lotus Elise, an NSX, XLR-V, STS-V, and a new CTS-V (unsure which I'd choose... I want one of each!), an automatic LSx swapped 80s Jaguar XJ, an old Suburban, an RX7 (I love each model...), a Factory Five Racing 33 Hot Rod kit car... and at least a dozen others from day to day.

Comment

I'm the exact same way. I get bored too quickly. I don't know what it is, I Guess you can say I have automotive A.D.D I mean I go from one to the other like girls change clothes. I've had 35 now over the last 9 years and I know I don't get the most out of them but it's so much fun to get a new one! I just bought a new cb two months ago, sold one yesterday and I'm getting another vehicle within the month.

I can't really explain why or how it works but all I know is I'm addicted to them. I want to drive EVERYTHING. I can't say kids have slowed me down because I have 3 kids and take care of them all BUT every penny after bills, kids and woman are happy goes right into my cars.

At this rate I'm going to retire with having owned and modded 100+ cars and retire broke with my kids taking care of my next tune up lol. Sad but true
                I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  I'm still craving a Lotus Elise, an NSX, XLR-V, STS-V, and a new CTS-V (unsure which I'd choose... I want one of each!), an automatic LSx swapped 80s Jaguar XJ, an old Suburban, an RX7 (I love each model...), a Factory Five Racing 33 Hot Rod kit car... and at least a dozen others from day to day.
                  Oh, is that all?
                  Originally posted by wed3k
                  im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

...the short list.

Comment

you gotta find something that you love not like. for me its my corrado. love/hate relationship as long as you have the time for it. mine's a 6 month out of the year type car.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Punkrampant View Post
                        I do, but then again I am sure that I do not use each vehicle to its fullest potential.
                        It's definitely not about that
                        it's about havin fun while you can!

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                        Hi, my name is crazymikey and I'm a caroholic.

40 cars in 11 years.

Had the SI for 6 months so far.... I still absolutely love it, BUT, I'm moving to Calgary next week and I'd really prefer an automatic in the city. However, my trade in value is half of what I owe on the car, so I'm going to be keeping this one around for a while for financial sanity.
                        Well, I already knew you had a problem

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                        I used to, and then I bought a house, then I bought a white four door F150 (I always wanted a white four door truck) tinted my front windows (regardless of it being illegal) and I have not been happier ever since getting out of a lowered Honda.
                        I here ya, I love F150s. My first vehicle was an 86' F150. I miss that truck.

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
                        Can't say that I've ever been satisfied... But i usually get to the point where Im content. But then again... Im broke and have a kid now so my automotive side has been put on hold.
                        I haven't taken the plunge into father hood yet, thankfully! I can still afford fun.

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                        I just want something from this decade, or at least the previous one, with working A/C. Even when your car does look decently good, you sometimes want to shed the "ricer/fastnfurious" misnomer.

I think it's even harder when you sell cars that come with all these features and technology; only to "return to the stone age" and drive home.
                        I know what you mean. The "stone age" has some great cars, BUT a/c and power windows are even greater.
                        Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        I partially quenched my thirst with the CTS-V... though it needs some work that I don't feel like doing, and it SUCKS on gas!
                        The CB7 is almost road-worthy again, and it's a good mix of fun and efficient.
                        The Fit is fantastic on gas and kinda fun to drive, so it's nice to be able to floor it without really feeling it at the pump! (ok, you don't feel it at all anywhere... but whatever... )

Out of all car choices NSX seems like a happy obtainable choice(or an S2000). impractical and beautiful and won't cost 100 grand
                        I won't lie though, I miss my CB7

Originally posted by Dy2*STR33T-KING View Post
                        I'm the exact same way. I get bored too quickly. I don't know what it is, I Guess you can say I have automotive A.D.D I mean I go from one to the other like girls change clothes. I've had 35 now over the last 9 years and I know I don't get the most out of them but it's so much fun to get a new one! I just bought a new cb two months ago, sold one yesterday and I'm getting another vehicle within the month.

I can't really explain why or how it works but all I know is I'm addicted to them. I want to drive EVERYTHING. I can't say kids have slowed me down because I have 3 kids and take care of them all BUT every penny after bills, kids and woman are happy goes right into my cars.

At this rate I'm going to retire with having owned and modded 100+ cars and retire broke with my kids taking care of my next tune up lol. Sad but true
                        I have a lot of toys myself, but no kids makes that possible. I will admit, I'm just an overgrown child myself
                        Although even if I have kids I'll still want to go real fast

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                        Oh, is that all?
                        No, it's never enough...

Comment

I found my love and its essentially just 3 cars.

CRX
                          Prelude
                          Accord

With them I fulfill my need of a:

2, 4 or 5 seater
                          Convertible, sunroof or solid roof
                          2 or all wheel steer
                          Roadster, Coupe or Sedan
                          etc etc etc

All while remaining practical in economy, reliability, parts availability, simplicity in maintenance, no repayments ,low to nil depreciation etc etc etc

At an early age having bought 3 x Third Gen Preludes in a row (when I could have bought myself a brand new car) to my friends amazement and bewildered family that it is the car that I desire and no matter how old it was then (and getting older) my feelings remain the same if not more.

Now having bought multiples of the same models I have expanded with 2 more but essentially just to 3 models.

Give me a newer BMW or Mercedes or Audi and they will definitely be parked on the street (or behind my Honda as the first line of defence against stealing away my Honda's) while my Honda's remain under cover and closest to my person, I kid you not.
                          Last edited by JDMDriver; 09-27-2013, 11:12 AM.
                          Rides:

Accord
                          92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                          96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                          88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                          95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                          91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

22B
                            98 Supra RZ
                            97 RX-7 FD
                            97 3000GT VR-4
                            99 Eclipse GSX
                            92 NSX
                            Skyline R32/R33/R34/R35
                            350Z
                            370Z
                            G35
                            G37
                            RS 2.5
                            EVO IV/V/VI/VIII
                            280Z
                            S2000
                            (this is in no order of importance)

My list is huge and this isn't even all of it
                            Last edited by AAPOQ; 09-27-2013, 11:27 AM.

Comment

i dont see any german cars in that list. it's time to expand and try different things because lyfe is too short.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X