the cb7 not 4 x 114.3mm?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the cb7 not 4 x 114.3mm?!?!?!

unfortunatley, i've been having a lot of problems with my front passenger side rim. i've literally had 4 or 5 flats on the same rim since may.

in any event, i went to kaufmann tire (a tire/brake/basic maintenance place), the same location i originally purchased my rims from back in 2000. i was talking with the guy at the store, and telling him i just wanted to buy the cheapest 17 in rim they had in stock.

as he's looking up the inventory, he asks me what year the accord is. of course i tell him 93, accord lx. he then proceeds to tell/ask me "4 x 100, right." i tell him "no, only integras and civics are 4 x 100, and accords are 4 x 114.3. of course the 96 jdm itr was 4 x 114.3 and some newer accords are 5 x 114.3. but of course that's irrelevant, my accord is 4 x 114.3."

he then says only the 93 accord se is 4 x 114.3. to my amazement, it is on his computer screen as such! the accord dx, lx, and ex were all listed as 4 x 100 and the accord se was listed as 4 x 114.3.

i didn't like the price of the cheapest 17 in rim in stock, didn't really trust his judgement (he said my car was 4 x 100!), and didn't seem to really try to extend his help to me... so i left and took my business elsewhere.

so, is kaufmann tire's computer wrong... or are WE all wrong in thinking our cars are 4 x 114.3?

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

the computer is definetly wrong.
    HSHO #3

Comment

WOW that computer is TOTALLY off your right and he is way WAY WRONG you should over there and punch him in the face
      isnt it funny when fat people fall..i sure think it is

Comment

gonna suck for the next customer with a cb7 who doesnt know anything about their car specs...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE FOR BEING SO *** you should have told him..to bet 1 wheel that hes wrong and for him to go mount it up and if you were right then you got a free wheel and if you were wrong then you gave him a 1,000,000 dollars hahahaha
          isnt it funny when fat people fall..i sure think it is

Comment

It's funny that the computer said it was 4x100... I could understand if he was just confused about the model years (seeing as the 3rd gen Accords are 4x100)

Mechanics (or anyone dealing with cars) should know about the cars they work on, or know when to say they don't know. I've been taken a number of times by mechanics that claimed they knew what they were doing, and then charged me for the time it took for them to figure it out (cough... engine swap... cough...).

Comment

i actually did bet him that a wheel from a civic or integra would not fit on my car. there was neither a civic or integra in sight. by that time, i was a bit fed up (in bed at 2 am, been up since about 5 am and got a flat on the way to the hospital to see patients) and didn't like the price on the cheapest wheel there.

Comment

Thats not the first time I've heard of that....I work in the automotove department at Wal-Mart (since I'm still in school its a pretty decent job.) All of our tire/rim guids say the 4th gens had 4x100 wheels. I've mentioned it to my manager, but thats all I can do. Somebody fucked up good.
                Trites

1992 H23 powered CB7

Comment

Originally posted by Trites
                  Thats not the first time I've heard of that....I work in the automotove department at Wal-Mart (since I'm still in school its a pretty decent job.) All of our tire/rim guids say the 4th gens had 4x100 wheels. I've mentioned it to my manager, but thats all I can do. Somebody fucked up good.
                  yeah thats a pretty bad fuck up...seing as how everybody and their mom drives a cb7, you would think they would have changed that by now

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

the guy claimed it didn't matter since the majority of the rims they sell are universal 4 lug (4 x 100 w 4 x 114.3). but i still wonder if from time to time a customer comes in wanting a particular rim, it doesn't fit, and the staff just doesn't get it.

it's odd that more than one place (both kaufmann tire and now wal-mart) has it listed in their computers that way.

Comment

just tell those fools your cars a 93 and problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                      X