where to look for used cars online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to look for used cars online?

I'm looking for a new car. Been searching craigslist and eBay to find a good deal, in the for sale by owner sections.

Anyone have other places to look?

Craigslist, ebay, autotrader... car dealership sites... pretty much all i can tell you.

not sure where else...
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

A new car or a used car?
      New is generally dealer only.

I've been checking Craigslist, Dealerships, and volunteers of america.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Well google would have been the easiest spot.

Google used cars, and im sure 100 sites would come up.

My method involves ususally searching used cars through the automaker first...

so i.e. if I want a Volvo, I go to their website and browse their CPO stuff.

If I don't see anything I like, then I use Autotrader and look within a 100 or so miles of my zip and I usually just search CPO and dealers...I would never really buy private party because it's as is and shit happens.

Hope that helps.

Don't forget carmax!

Comment

If your looking for a modded car.. Mautofied.com

Comment

how could i forget carmax?? silly me. Yeah, google is a good source.. also, possibly Cars.com.. i'm always seeing commercials for that.
            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

what are you looking for specifically? some cars are just hard to buy
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Autotrader and dealer websites if you want to buy from dealers.

Craiglist/kijiji/mautofied if you want to buy private.

There's also Finance/Leasebusters if you want to take over someone's contract.

Comment

Looking for an 08 or newer Impreza sport wagon with around 40-50k.

Not interested in paying the dealer premium and can afford to wait for the right car. Don't want a modded car either.

In short I'm seeing that I'm looking in the right places, it seems.

Comment

Yeah, those places listed already are your best options.

Another thing you could do, if you're willing to cough up the cash for a dealer, is to put in a request. Dealers hit the auctions, and might be able to find something you don't have access to.

Comment

Out local big used car dealer will go find you what ever you want for $500. And since he buys them at auction, you get them pretty cheap.

Edit: not $500 total...add $500 to the auction price for his time/ using his dealer license
                      Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 02-24-2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by doylna View Post
                        Looking for an 08 or newer Impreza sport wagon with around 40-50k.

Not interested in paying the dealer premium and can afford to wait for the right car. Don't want a modded car either.

In short I'm seeing that I'm looking in the right places, it seems.
                        If you're looking for a Subaru, IMHO buy from a dealer. AWD replacement parts get pricey quick, and dealers know that. If you find a Subaru at an auction/private seller it's a gamble sometimes. Just because it's stock doesn't mean it hasn't been beat on. Just my .02.
                        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Even a dealer can sell crap. My mom's 05 Outback came from my stepdad's own dealership (now gone.) It was used, 5 years old... and from day 1, had rear end vibrations. It's in the shop now to correct it.

AWD is a gamble no matter what. More moving parts = more stuff to break.
                          The best option is to buy new, or certified used with a full warranty on the expensive stuff!

Otherwise, any source is as good as any other, as long as you're educated on the model you're shopping for, and you're prepared to walk away from anything that isn't exactly what you want.

Comment

Working...
                          X