No announcement yet.

Playstation 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very true, the new psn on ps4 will have everything that xbox live has and still be free thats what I like most, yes even cross game chat if its that important to you, which to some it is lol, but to me it wasn't, because when I play FPS games I don't want to be talking to my friend playing a racing game or an RPG, I want to talk to my friend who is right there with me in the game.
    Last edited by almostJDM; 02-21-2013, 01:38 PM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
      Ya Im not really "blown" away by the improvments.

I do like the hardware specs(esp since now it will have an N wireless card lol)

But I will never share my game with anyone, and I wont ever own a Vita so all that social networking is bs to me.

Better specs, improved controller, updated bluray and wireless card, and the backward compatabilty is all I needed.

I've heard it will be between 450-550$?!??!

FUCK THAT.

Ill wait till it's $200 lol.
      Good shit I thought it was going to be somewhere around the vicinity of 800 to 1,000 bucks when it first comes out. I wont hold my breath on it though. Many people will be robbed when buying this system I bet when it first comes out,or be camped out on the frontline at the stores before its release.

Comment

i like the idea of optical drive better. and also the region free gaming. since i own a few import games we cant get here state side. i would also like to continue playing my disc based games. im not ready to recollect all the games ive done so hard to get. let alone continue paying these rediculous prices on new games. the systems are still too expensive. thats what mainly deters me from purchasing them. COME ON GT6!
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
          Sorry to break it to you, but... Xbox blows... and hard. Nothing like a multibillion dollar company trying to get MORE money, and i love microsoft but xbox can not and will NEVER compete with PS 2/3/4. Where you said you get what you pay for, how so ? Because you have a friends list and messaging ? everything that the Xbox has the PS3 has you may need to download an app but its free and id rather run Skype for video calling if i want to use my TV as a screen then be limited on the xbox friends list...

At the end of the day, Q: what do you really get from paying for xbox live besides a nice GUI ? A: The same shit thats on the PS3(again you may have to DL an app, but its free forever... ill just DL an app)

Xbox live is nearly bulletproof reliable. When I want to play, I want to play. The psn is down all the time.

I don't really mind the 60/yr. Only paid 40 this time. Anyways, xbox vs ps will always be a never ending debate.

Why is xbox better for me? I think the timing/gameplay on the titles I play, satisfies what I want from the process.

Not saying ones better than the other, I have both in my house. Ps has better graphics, xbox has better gameplay.

My opinion anyways.

I agree too that Microsoft is probably the greediest company in history. Assholes.

Kinect is better than ps motion gaming too, but both are weak compared to Wii motion gaming(again, my opinion)

I don't have anything factual to offer other than personal experience. In my eyes, visually Sony wins, but gameplay xbox is the clear winner. By and far, the content on xbox is well thought out and enticing/exciting. From the music, to the feel, xbox games are very well thought out.

I think that's more to do with the developer, but, maybe Microsoft has a higher entertainment value requirement. Who knows.

First person shooters in my eyes play better on xbox, and that's literally all I play. Maybe my opinion is jaded because of my narrow view of the two systems.
          Last edited by toycar; 02-21-2013, 04:54 PM.
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Wow @ the Xbox hate. I had PS1 & 2, my lil bro has had PS3 and nothing but problems. I wanted a system so I got a 360 and Forza 4 and have been loving it. No problems yet knock on wood.

PS4 sounds good and the backwards compatibility is super key. If I could use this as a media base (watch Hulu, Netflix and torrent downloads) I would def go for this, even for $600. I would eventually spend that to update or replace my media PC now.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Idk, I only speak from my personal experience.

Besides that month or so that PSN was down, it is hardly "ever" down.

I randomly login, since im not a hardcore player, and it boots everytime I want to play online and never had an issue.

The same goes for machines.....granted im only on my first ever ps3, but I use it extensively and I have had no problems.

Im assuming you guys would claim the same, but the proof is out there that Xbox blows PS3 out of the water when it comes to the rrod. In Sonyland its usually the ylod, and it's usually a HDD issue which is easily corrected at the user level. Mofo's send their Xbox off to Microsoft and have to wait for them to fix it and send it back.

I've heard so many people complain that they were on their 4, 5,6 xbox and had issues.

Can't say it's the individual, because it's a lot of people.

Comment

Yeah I agree about PSN it was only ever down a few times, but since that day it hasn't ever been down for me, and I play my ps3 a lot, and still on my first ps3, never any issues as well, but then again I am on my 4th HDD but only because I keep filling mine up lol, I first got a 320gb to replace my original 60gb HDD, then got a 500gb then a 640gb and now I am on a 750gb hdd/ssd hybrid drive, and I have 165GB left haha.
                Last edited by almostJDM; 02-21-2013, 08:23 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Ok, to add to the debate. I'd like to point out why I think xbox is better. Personally, I think the graphics are better as well as the game play. And Gears of War is one of my favorites and that can't be played on PS3.

Xbox has:
                  Halo
                  Forza
                  Gears of war
                  Fable

PS3 has:
                  God of War
                  Gran T
                  Resistance
                  Killzone
                  Last edited by AAPOQ; 02-22-2013, 10:20 AM.

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                  BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                  Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                  CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

you all can buy it when it 1st comes out. ill wait a while. at least 6 months before i get it.

every time a new system comes out, it has bugs or issues that cause it to act up. i've always waited at least 6 months before i bought one of the new consoles and never had any problems. everyone else buys it when they 1st come out and complain "its lagging." or "it keeps cutting out" or some crap like that.

plus by the end of the 6 months, the price has normally dropped.

each system has it benefits.

Xbox360 is more towards shooters than anything else. that's why the most popular game on Xbox is stuff like Halo, Modern Warfare, or Black Ops. PS3 is more towards single player games like Mist, Metal Gear Solid series, a couple others. Wii.....well.....its mainly just for family fun and kids. do NOT try to play any of the MW games on it. controls suck along with the graphics.
                    Last edited by Shadow1; 02-22-2013, 09:15 AM.

Comment

@ Toycar,

Oh and dont worry Microsoft isnt the worst... Apple is(scum bags are getting sued in other countrys for sleezy business practices;Fact).

PC Gaming will take over... Well unless the Oculous Rift saves the day, Oh and the Steam Box, but of course both of which are starting on PC platform xD
                      Last edited by tutsuo; 02-22-2013, 10:10 AM.
                      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                      den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                        Yeah I agree about PSN it was only ever down a few times, but since that day it hasn't ever been down for me, and I play my ps3 a lot, and still on my first ps3, never any issues as well, but then again I am on my 4th HDD but only because I keep filling mine up lol, I first got a 320gb to replace my original 60gb HDD, then got a 500gb then a 640gb and now I am on a 750gb hdd/ssd hybrid drive, and I have 165GB left haha.
                        Holy cow dude!

So when you upgrade the HDD(I have the OEM 160G in mine) don't you lose a shit ton of space to the system?

I remember reading that the bigger the HDD, the more space the system reserves.....and pushing a TB you lost like a 100G or something crazy.

Comment

I also personally think the Sony PS GUI looks better than the Xbox GUI. Xbox looks childish, Sony looks professional(while you play Little Big Planet LOL)
                          Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                          den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Maybe the PSN issues have something to do with our ISP, who knows. We have issues connecting once in a while and my son is a giant pussy when it happens.

Lol

360 is has a near perfect track record. Only once did it tell me no.

And to the comment about shooter games vs 1 player stuff, I agree!!

PS has way better games for the individual offline gamer. Xbox has a better experience(in my opinion) for online/multiplayer shooter games, which is 100% of what I play.

So maybe that is in part why I am drawn to xbox.

I am pretty exicted about the future of gaming. Seems like people are still trying to re-invent the wheel, and one of these days something BIG will break through.

The stuff Bungie is working on now sounds super fucking cool. "Destiny" looks to be a fucking awesome game and will probably keep my interest on the xbox platform for a while.

I think since I only occasionally get to play, I like VS style 10 minute games opposed to long RPG's. Actually I prefer RPG's but my old ass doesn't have another 83 hours to play through final fantasy. Im lucky to get 30 minutes in...
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                              Holy cow dude!

So when you upgrade the HDD(I have the OEM 160G in mine) don't you lose a shit ton of space to the system?

I remember reading that the bigger the HDD, the more space the system reserves.....and pushing a TB you lost like a 100G or something crazy.
                              Yeah, close to 100gb, Haha I ended up with 658gb after format lol.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                                Yeah, close to 100gb, Haha I ended up with 658gb after format lol.
                                Hopefully they fix that on 4, because 100G is a lot of space to lose for system.

I mean If I install a 1tb HD in my PC, I only lose like 1mb or something lol.

Any noticeable difference using the SSD hybrid?!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X