This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How well do CB's fair in accidents? *pics*

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread for posting pictures of how CB's fair after a traffic accident. I had looked it up at one point and saw a wide range of damage from very minor to total destruction. I was thinking, we have a thread for all kinds of other stuff, why not start one for this. It doesn't have to be pictures of your car that you took.

The first ones I am going to post I found online, I really don't know what hit it because there was no story to go along with the pictures. My guess would be a very large vehicle going at a high speed. I doubt that anyone survived it though. I also don't know if any of you have already seen them but here they are:

1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
    1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
    1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
    1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Wow I was looking for the 2nd image but I guess cb7's have a thing for buses lol.

Last edited by Ralphie; 02-08-2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

It actually bothers me when people claim that cb7's are unsafe.

Unless they have been horribly maintained, or suffer from SEVER rust, I think cbs out on the road today that are properly maintained will be just as safe as your average car.

Now obviously there is a reason they created side SRS and all these other new features, but the 90-93 chassis was well built and hold's up damn well as we can all see.

I would say the overwhelming majority of accidents involving 4th gens, since 1990, were not fatal.

I have no evidence to base it off, just going by the majority of accidents I have seen involving 4th gens.

Comment

WTF is the deal with CB7`s and Buses??
        And that 1st white CB, I cant tell if it`s a Coupe or Sedan, that 1 is messed up.
        Last edited by DanCan; 02-08-2013, 01:17 PM.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
          I thought it would be interesting to start a thread for posting pictures of how CB's fair after a traffic accident. I had looked it up at one point and saw a wide range of damage from very minor to total destruction. I was thinking, we have a thread for all kinds of other stuff, why not start one for this. It doesn't have to be pictures of your car that you took.

The first ones I am going to post I found online, I really don't know what hit it because there was no story to go along with the pictures. My guess would be a very large vehicle going at a high speed. I doubt that anyone survived it though. I also don't know if any of you have already seen them but here they are:

http://www.car-accidents.com/2007-au...7-honda-5.html

Google lets you put in an image. It searches the net and finds where the image is used.
          In this case, this is the best I could do. Most of the results were from "Honda_Lady" on different websites.
          Like this image/threads like this?
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Yea I agree Ralph. I have seen many 4th gens in accidents, mainly on here, but they do hold up remarkably well. I did find more pictures in my online search and found that pretty much all of the pictures I found were not fatal accidents. I'll have to post some more of them.

@DanCan yea it does seem that they have a thing for buses.

@GeoffM that link is actually where I originally found the car in the first place.
              Last edited by Honda_Lady; 02-08-2013, 01:17 PM.

Comment

At first glance of the first photo, I thought it was you Lady.

Glad it wasn't you while I feel bad for whoever was in that car and others.
                A&P-IA

Comment

thanks for being concerned, I really doubt anyone survived that one and I feel bad for who ever was in that car too (as well as their families). When I first found those pictures, after how many times I have already gotten rear ended, I got to where I hated having larger vehicles behind me anymore.

Comment

I think I can post in here..I totalled this coupe in Decemeber of 08, almost killed me too..Not as bad as some, but I had a Toyota T100 come in my door doing 55.

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123600
                    http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130600
                    http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=39920

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                      It actually bothers me when people claim that cb7's are unsafe.

Unless they have been horribly maintained, or suffer from SEVER rust, I think cbs out on the road today that are properly maintained will be just as safe as your average car.

Now obviously there is a reason they created side SRS and all these other new features, but the 90-93 chassis was well built and hold's up damn well as we can all see.

I would say the overwhelming majority of accidents involving 4th gens, since 1990, were not fatal.

I have no evidence to base it off, just going by the majority of accidents I have seen involving 4th gens.
                      It's nowhere near as safe as a modern car. Just because it looks clean doesn't mean it's safe. The advances in chassis design on the safety front over the last few years are huge.

Plus as cars get old the metal fatigues and get weaker. I felt this among the CBs I owned. The older ones did not have as good NVH, which directly translates to how well a car can absorb an impact. I def wouldn't put my wife in something as old + flimsy as a 20 yr old Honda.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Pretty much any honda redesigned in the 90's got a lot better

The 92-95 civics and 94-01 integras are WORLDS safer than the gen before. I've seen many wrecked 90-93 integras and their A pillars are always bent and the roofs damaged in moderate front end accidents. 90-93 accords fair much better in accidents. My legend feels the safest of them all since its much larger.

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
                          I think I can post in here..I totalled this coupe in Decemeber of 08, almost killed me too..Not as bad as some, but I had a Toyota T100 come in my door doing 55.

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123600
                          http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130600
                          http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=39920

-Jordan
                          Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          It's nowhere near as safe as a modern car. Just because it looks clean doesn't mean it's safe. The advances in chassis design on the safety front over the last few years are huge.

Plus as cars get old the metal fatigues and get weaker. I felt this among the CBs I owned. The older ones did not have as good NVH, which directly translates to how well a car can absorb an impact. I def wouldn't put my wife in something as old + flimsy as a 20 yr old Honda.
                          Kind of ironic posting that right after the post above yours.

He walked away from that accident.

What again about new technology?

And who said anything about a clean car being safe?

It has nothing to do with how clean it is, but how well maintained it is.

They were built better back then then they are now, you can believe that they have made advances in safety, but they really haven't.

They have made it so the shell holding the occupants is stronger while the rest of the car breaks away as it takes the stress, but that doesn't literally equate to being safer.

Im not advocating for putting anyones wife into a 1990 Accord and go out and play chicken but if I had to bet, id put my money on an old Accord for sure!

Comment

Well, i didnt techically walk away...but I was walking 4 months after haha.

It doesnt matter what kinda of car you have...even a damn Volvo...If the wreck is bad enough..you can get seriously injured or even die. You just dont have any control over that.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
                              Well, i didnt techically walk away...but I was walking 4 months after haha.

It doesnt matter what kinda of car you have...even a damn Volvo...If the wreck is bad enough..you can get seriously injured or even die. You just dont have any control over that.
                              Exactly.

And I bet when you show strangers those pictures they are like "wow rip whoever was driving that car" and you're like im right here lol.

I assumed you didn't literally walk away, but thankfully your still with us.

I have seen accidents worse then your's and the driver literally walked away like it was a miracle.

I have seen fender benders where someone died, no shit.

I just think the logic of old car=not safe is just not fact, its def an opinion, but there is no hard evidence in it.

Cadillac Eldorados are like fucking war ships.

If you die in one of those its because it was mangled so bad you can't get out but not that you died from the inital impact.

They were built like aircraft carriers lol.

Our Accords are a lot stronger then people give them credit for.

Just a pet peeve of mine lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X