Some people should not be driving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people should not be driving.

Sorry for the huge photos, I took the pictures in 8MP so that you can see the details.

We were sitting in an intersection and a lady in a fairly new Ford Escape pulled out of a parking lot, not watching where she was going. She didn't even stop at the stop sign. She claimed that my car was a light color and she could not see it. Some people shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car.

I think after a certain age people should have to turn in their drivers license and retake all the required exams that you take for a learner's permit.

It could have been worse, and I'm thankful that no one was hurt, other than my pride.

My best friend is taking autobody in school right now and said that it didn't look too bad. He's also going to fix it for the price of the tools he needs. He has everything he would need, except for a dent puller and a slide hammer. Looking at about 40 bucks. Sweet.
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Because rosewood brown is such a light color

Comment

i had a cop give me a ticket and in his notes he wrote down my car was silver, and that i was white. ... im a pretty dark mexican. im nothing close to white.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I'm right there with you on the idea of retaking exams. If a 17 year old has to prove that they're mature and sensible enough to drive, an older person should have to prove that they are still competent and capable! My mom has always been a good driver, but she's going to be 62 this year. Even she'll admit that her driving skills aren't what they used to be. She's aware of it, though, and takes extra care knowing that she may be slower to react, or slower to notice something.

I still say you were too nice to that lady, Clint. Should've made her pay for the repairs!

Comment

Thats not gonna be cheap to fix, if it dont pop out.
          I agree with Deev, the day you want to buy Buick LeSabre is the day you to retake your dl test.

Comment

at the Buick Lesabre joke.

But I am in 100% agreement. Old people should have to retake a drivers test at a frequency linear to their age. (The older they get, the more often they have to take it)

I'll also admit that the only question I got wrong on my drivers test is still the only one I'd still get wrong.
            (What is the speed of on ramps?) Idk, I get up to 70 or 80 and merge into traffic. I think the actual answer is like 35 mph, which makes no sense to me.
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Hey, there are some LeSabres worth owning when you're not a senile geriatric!

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                at the Buick Lesabre joke.

But I am in 100% agreement. Old people should have to retake a drivers test at a frequency linear to their age. (The older they get, the more often they have to take it)

I'll also admit that the only question I got wrong on my drivers test is still the only one I'd still get wrong.
                (What is the speed of on ramps?) Idk, I get up to 70 or 80 and merge into traffic. I think the actual answer is like 35 mph, which makes no sense to me.
                Yeah, ramps are 35 unless posted slower. I believe the ramp technically ends when the merging lane appears. That's when you get up to speed. Of course, around here, that merging lane is like 10 feet long, and people like to exceed the speed limit in the right lane (passing on the right is an obnoxiously common practice here...)
                My Fit can handle corners better than it can handle outright acceleration... so I take those on-ramps as fast as I can, as long as I can see that merging is going to be doable. Merging from a slow roll or a dead stop is terrifying in that little car!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Hey, there are some LeSabres worth owning when you're not a senile geriatric!
                  I was going to say Buick, like the brand in whole. But I got thinking about their new line up, and remembered that most old people I see are in LeSabres. Your right Deev, Buick made damn good cars in those days.

Comment

Yeah. The day buick made their last RWD car is the day Buick lost their soul
                    My old lady neighbor used to drive a FWD LeSabre. Old lady red color, too! Now she has a Santa Fe... in old lady red.

The funny thing is that the current top model Regal is faster than the Grand National was. But it's FWD

Comment

My GF's sister wants a new Buick.
                      She has a Century right now. 94 and has waaaaay more problems than my 93.
                      She's also 17. So young and naive.
                      MRT
                      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                      Originally posted by Tippey764
                      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Yeah. The day buick made their last RWD car is the day Buick lost their soul
                        My old lady neighbor used to drive a FWD LeSabre. Old lady red color, too! Now she has a Santa Fe... in old lady red.

The funny thing is that the current top model Regal is faster than the Grand National was. But it's FWD
                        Buick needs a good rwd model. Chevy is getting the SS, and Cadillac has great rwd platforms.

Comment

I love big grandpa cars fwd or rwd doesn't matter, i've just always liked a big cruiser.

02 Crv
                          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                            My GF's sister wants a new Buick.
                            She has a Century right now. 94 and has waaaaay more problems than my 93.
                            She's also 17. So young and naive.
                            LMAO! My gf always wanted a Caviler, but I'm never letting my daughter in one.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                              Buick needs a good rwd model. Chevy is getting the SS, and Cadillac has great rwd platforms.
                              True. The unfortunate thing is that most Buick models now are rebadged Opels (FWD cars.) The brand is really only still alive because it's very popular in the Chinese market. Cadillac's RWD cars are Cadillac-exclusive... their FWD XTS is shared with Buick, though.

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                              I love big grandpa cars fwd or rwd doesn't matter, i've just always liked a big cruiser.
                              There are some great FWD cruisers out there... even some old Buick and Cadillac models. To me, though, FWD just doesn't lend itself to luxury, and big FWD doesn't strike me as "high performance". To me, FWD is all about practicality. FWD cars are the easiest to control for the average driver in all weather, while being far more cost-effective than most AWD systems. RWD is an impractical setup, really. That's what makes it so perfect for sport and luxury to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X