Had to put down my puppy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to put down my puppy

He had parvo and we got him to the vet too late... They wanted me to pay 600 for the first night of hospitalization then we had to pick him up by 7 and take him to my usual vet for further hospitalization... I couldnt believe how much they were asking for but by then it was too late he was suffering.. His name was Bug and I will miss him.
    -Will

Damn that sucks. SOrry for your loss bro.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

what did he have

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Sad face...
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

and then they give him to you in a plastic bag. :/ i remember putting down one of my brothers dogs never again.

I once had the best dog in the world. I dont know how he understood english but you could tell him to do anything and he would do it. I mean I could tell him, wait there Ill be back and he would wait or I could tell him, run after that rabbit and he would. Then one july 4th some ass holes stole my dog, killed some guy and murdered my dog at the scene. I vowed from that day forth to never leave a good dog, I am yet to find another one like him. My dad HATES dogs and that was the only dog he ever like. BEST DOG IN THE WORLD and the only dog I can truly ask to RIP and thank God for allowing my to experience a friendship like that.

Comment

awww he was just a puppy. My condolences to you and your family.

Comment

Shitty man.
              Now I'm sad...

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
              BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
              Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
              CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Shitty deal man. Dont beat yourself up over it.

Just make sure next puppy you buy has parvo vaccine from day one. They can get it @ 6 weeks I think, and then stay up on the boosters from there.

Get that, and you'll be set. Parvo vaccine is required where I live.

Sorry for your loss though man. Like I said, don't beat yourself up over it. At least you had time to enjoy the puppy for a while, and you didn't have to lose the dog after 15 years of loving it.

Trust me, that is a lot harder.

While it hurts, you should think about this;

Any dog you make your pet, is eventually going to die. If you cannot find peace with this before you bring your dog home, maybe you should re-think owning the dog in the first place. You are going to live longer, and eventually you will have to deal with this pain either way.

Owning dogs throughout my life has taught me this. I don't know if I will be getting any more dogs after the current, because of how it felt having to put my last dog down. You know that you will out live the dog, but you dont KNOW it until it actually happens. Its hard to explain how it feels, and after it has happened a few times I am not sure I want to do it again.

Wisdom from the old man my friend, take it for what its worth.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I had two cats, given from my friend, I had to put them down after so many years.
                  One developed some kind of mass on a hind leg. Stopped eating, lost a lot of weight. She was in pain. She was crying. I couldn't bear no more. Massive dose of painkiller. She was gone in 2 seconds. Cost me $25. Buried her in back yard. I think it was against a city ordinance or something, doing this. But this good doc in Miami let me.
                  Few years later, the other one developed clog in tummy. She got big because not much of what she ate came out. My wife took her to a vet a few times. Spent $1000. Couldn't save her. She came back in a wooden box after cremation. Another $400. Greedy doc in Boca. I shouldn't have moved.

We have two cats, for about 5 years now. One adopted from Humane Society, vaccinated and fixed. $100 donation. The other from one of my wife's friends. Took her to vaccinate and fixing. $800.

Don't get me wrong, I love these two as I had for those. It just costs money to keep our fury friends. It cost more when we have to say good by to them, mentally and monetary.

Love them while you have them.
                  Last edited by oyajicool; 01-30-2013, 01:47 AM.
                  A&P-IA

Comment

sorry for your lose.

no matter how much i try and prepare myself, i will never be ready for that day with my pup.

she is part of the family. eats what we eat every day, sits on the couch, hell she has her own love seat.

it kinda saddens me to even think about it.

Comment

i hope you mean "loss"

Time will cure your feelings for the better.
                      A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by 94EGCoopey View Post
                        sorry for your lose.

no matter how much i try and prepare myself, i will never be ready for that day with my pup.

she is part of the family. eats what we eat every day, sits on the couch, hell she has her own love seat.

it kinda saddens me to even think about it.
                        Exactly.

So after you have been forced to deal with it a few times, you start to question wether or not you want to start that process all over again, knowing what the end is going to hold.

Thats all I was saying anyways.
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

sucks!, sorry bro, I`m a big animal person, this makes me sad.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

As a kid I my yorkie had a stroke, and my parents had to put him down. The hardest day of our lifes, I feel you. Sucks. Sorry for your loss.
                            Last edited by jhoff; 01-29-2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear it, man. That really sucks.
                              You did the right thing, though. If he was in pain, and there was no helping it, then that was the best course of action. If it was preventable, and something you ignored... then shame on you.

I'd be beside myself if I lost my dog (and the day is coming, sooner or later... and sooner than later, sadly.)
                              Hell, I access my computer remotely from my phone for work, and today it stopped responding. Being the pessimist that I am, I immediately feared that my house was on fire. I wouldn't care if everything burned. I just don't want to lose my dog (and I certainly don't want to lose him that way... alone and scared.)

Comment

Working...
                              X