SHould i sell my bike? A moral question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHould i sell my bike? A moral question

So i have a 2008 Trek 3700. my grandparents bought it for me as a birthday present. i really dont ride it anymore and i have since grown to tall to ride it comfortably. i don't know what it is worth

here is a pic

it is a nice bike and i love it a lot but i really dont know if i should sell it

Side note: anyone looking to buy it here can just click out of this thread. im not looking to get banned and you not looking to also. im not selling it on here (if i am at all)
    visit vgruk

Its off topic but that’s a nice bike for the price it cost new! $400

IDK about it being morally right or not. But I’m sure you’ll make a good decision.

Comment

Any thing ppl buy me especially something expensive. I tend to keep. Hang that shit on your wall, and admire it.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

yea i tend to do that but im thinking someone will get more enjoyment out out it that i will. like i said im to big to ride it.

it has been sitting in my closet for over a year. unless someone knows of a trade in program or a way to make it bigger like raise the handlebars. i love riding bikes that why i kinda dont want to get rid of it
        visit vgruk

Comment

What's the measurement of it? I assume it's a smaller frame size if you're too small for it.

If you're not riding it, I'd say sell it. I'd assume that your grandparents would rather you have something you can use (money) than a bike that's too small to use!

I rode a bike that was too small for me until I was 19. I rode A LOT. F'd up my back and knees in the process, too.

Comment

If you can't use it, no sense in keeping it. Maybe someone else in the family can use it, if you feel really bad about selling it.
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

because of the "sentailmental" value of it, if you sell it and get a bigger bike you should be okay. if you sell the bike to sell it then i would just keep it, but thats up to you
              FRIENDS
              DONT LET
              FRIENDS
              ROLL ON
              ROTA'S

Comment

You could always re-gift the bike to a family member

I re-gift ton of shit I get but never use...

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Originally posted by AAPOQ View Post
                  You could always re-gift the bike to a family member

I re-gift ton of shit I get but never use...
                  this reminds me of that episode of sinfeld lol
                  FRIENDS
                  DONT LET
                  FRIENDS
                  ROLL ON
                  ROTA'S

Comment

i think im going to sell it. i will bet there is some one out there that will get as much enjoyment as i have from it over the years. it's just clutter. hell, now that i think about my gramps wanted me to leave the bike behind when i went off to college. i have so much more shit now that it will be a miracle just to fit it in my car when i leave college. it deserves better than sitting in my closet. i plan to buy another bike when i finish school. i really dont have time to ride it anyway.

re gifting is not an option. my nearest family is 1700 miles away
                    visit vgruk

Comment

as long as you got enjoyment out of it when you were able to ride it shold be good enough.

good luck on your college adventure
                      FRIENDS
                      DONT LET
                      FRIENDS
                      ROLL ON
                      ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
                        as long as you got enjoyment out of it when you were able to ride it shold be good enough.

good luck on your college adventure
                        Almost done here
                        visit vgruk

Comment

A shame you're so far away from me. If the size was right, I'd buy it from you. I've been wanting a new bike. I have 3 right now... one is beat to shit and barely has functional brakes, one is just weird (some k-mart bike my friend gave me), and one belonged to my ex (and I'm not riding a purple girl's bike! I wonder if she wants it back...)
                          I was considering dropping $500 on a Specialized bike. Great bikes for the money (even the $500 ones are professional quality.)

Comment

Sell it!
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                            X