Warmachine Tabletop Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warmachine Tabletop Game

So I recently got back into tabletop gaming. i have been playing D&D Dungeon Command a lot and a buddy of mine convinced me to start playing Warmachine with him. So here are my first finished pieces hand painted by myself. Not my greatest work but it has been 6 years since I painted miniatures.

I took pictures of the process as I went on my last piece.

Step 1 clean the miniature

step 2 assemble the miniature

step 3 paint the miniature

Finished

I've never been able to get into models. It always frustrated me when I was younger. I had a tendency to lose all the small pieces.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I find painting them relaxing for some reason ...

Comment

That's pretty good. My friend had these when we were like 9. I never got into it.

I know what you mean by it being relaxing though. I can detail a car for a few hours and not think about anything. No music. Just silence. Same thing when I run can't listen to music. Just 5 miles of thinking about nothing.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

That's really cool. I used to drool over those miniatures when I went into the game stores. I never knew how the games were played, so I never got into them. It's a pretty pricey hobby for a poor kid!

Comment

I have printed a few figures on my printer, they are a challenge to print...

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
              I have printed a few figures on my printer, they are a challenge to print...
              I am guessing you have a 3D printer of some type. How big of items can you print?

Comment

8" wide by 8" long and 6" tall until I finish my makerslide rostock. Reprap FTW!

I'm an extrusion dev for the reprap project. Lightweight cold ends are my thing.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  That's really cool. I used to drool over those miniatures when I went into the game stores. I never knew how the games were played, so I never got into them. It's a pretty pricey hobby for a poor kid!
                  Yeah I played with friends pieces until i had a job and could buy some of my own. lol.

Comment

My friends were at least as poor as I was.

I used to steal coins off my dad's dresser just to buy Magic cards. (the funny thing was, the more I stole, the more coins he seemed to put there... I think he was silently supporting my habit.)

Comment

My friends were at least as poor as I was.

I used to steal coins off my dad's dresser just to buy Magic cards. (the funny thing was, the more I stole, the more coins he seemed to put there... I think he was silently supporting my habit.)
                      LOL i used to raid my dads dirty pants every few days. he would leave money in pockets and forget about it. I made prolly $20 a week just search dirty clothes piles before they went in the wash lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        8" wide by 8" long and 6" tall until I finish my makerslide rostock. Reprap FTW!

I'm an extrusion dev for the reprap project. Lightweight cold ends are my thing.
                        How expensive are the materials? I might possibly be interested in having some terrain made like small ruined buildings, bridges, rock clusters, toxic wast plants, etc. of course I would be willing to pay you some for your time as well as the materials.

Comment

Do you have any pictures of your printer, Bill? I'm curious to see how such a thing works! I remember reading in another thread that you had such a thing.

Comment

Materials are cheap.
                            http://www.ultimachine.com/catalog/p...s-3mm-filament

Here are some examples that others have made:
                            http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=warhammer&sa=Search
                            http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=warmachine

Shoot me a PM when you want to have a go at it. It gets easier/cheaper if you make the 3D models.

Comment

Do you have any pictures of your printer, Bill? I'm curious to see how such a thing works! I remember reading in another thread that you had such a thing.
                              I haven't taken any new photos/videos but I can dig up a link of me testing a new extruder sometime last year.
                              http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/23586...orded/23605362

I really need to get new video up for my newer extruder design and video of high quality printing with my new .35 nozzle and ARMv6 microcontroller.

Think precision controlled hot glue gun that extrudes ABS plastic.
                              Last edited by wildBill83; 12-17-2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X