Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a Zoomy microscope camera? Lots of Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a Zoomy microscope camera? Lots of Pics!

Its called a Zoomy microscope camera, basically a USB powered mini-digital camera that can zoom in close and take pictures or video. Its pretty sweet really, Ive aquired quite a nice little collection of pictures. Im not sure why but I just find it facinating!

I was kind of bored tonight so I started taking some random pictures. It began with this weird as hell bug crawling across the floor, so I took a picture of that too!

If you have any requests I'll take a pic of something and post it

This pic is of a CCD array I removed from an HP color scanner. To the right is the CCD array you can see the individual color filters. Also the super tiny circuit board, wires and gold plating is cool.

This is a pic of my cellphone screen, centered around my girlfriends eyeball as she is my background pic. You can see the red, green, and blue pixels that create the screen.

I caught this little bugger outside, a grasshopper obviously. It was actually a baby. Later it tried to jump and its leg fell off :

Oops....

This little damn thing I found crawling around on my floor. After a google search I found out apparantly its a baby assasin bug, you know those things that swarm your house this time of year (only bigger). The babys are sticky and collect dust to their body, also called a masked hunter.

This is a close-up of a 1976 two dollar bill I had laying around. Kinda neat you can see the little blue and red "security" fibers. Its like a million little fibers... Dont forget to bring a towel! (South Park reference for those of you who didnt get it...)
    ON_N20
    Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

This is a surface mount LED from a TV remote circuit board. The actual part that emits the light is underneath that black square with the gold wire on it.

This wicked looking thing was also crawling on my wall. It was probably less than 1/16" long. Just looks terrifying up close

My girlfriend's nail polish she left laying on the table Neat though, you can see the itsy bitsy pieces of metal that make up the metallic.

And finally a fire ant that stung the shit out of me this summer. I live in wisconsin, so I dont know how I managed to get a fire ant nest in my front yard. You can see the stinger on its rear end.
    ON_N20

Comment

I don't, but based off your photos I wouldn't mind having one.

What does skin look like?
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
        I don't, but based off your photos I wouldn't mind having one.

What does skin look like?
        This:

Its a little funky looking because I took a pic of my skin after that fire ant stung me
        ON_N20

Comment

These were all take with the same camera and same lens. The first two are deresolved and as for the whole the quality is lower because I pulled these of FB, didn't want to go through and find them on the computer. They eyes are me taking the pic myself and I couldn't quite get it focus and the spider was hard to focus because I was hella close to it lol. Sorry about the resolution, I just copied the links off of FB.

Spider is about a half inch across.

Flower is about 2 mils across.
          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

It doesn't zoom in as much as yours but without having to change anything on the camera it is quite versatile.
            '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Working...
            X