Bisimoto Forum Hijacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisimoto Forum Hijacked?

Anybody check the Bisi forums lately. I'm having a real hard time finding anything. I've never seen a spam attack like that before. I feel bad for the team over there.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
    Anybody check the Bisi forums lately. I'm having a real hard time finding anything. I've never seen a spam attack like that before. I feel bad for the team over there.
    Honestly it's more just a lack of moderating.
    We had ALOT of spam last month or 2, (More than what I see there for a daily count)

The difference is that we stay on top of it so it doesn't interfere with our Community.
    Yep Mods at CB7Tuner aren't just disgruntled older members, we do actually work here

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Oh the good old days of spam hunting.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

There is a way to stop the spambots. I am actually employing a way with my website. I use a service called Incapsula, the plan I'm using is free, which by a simple change to my dns records for my website, all spam-bot posting activity has stopped.

Captcha's by themselves are not enough to stop the bots. For anyone with a website and bot problems, I highly suggest you look at Incapsula's offering.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
          There is a way to stop the spambots. I am actually employing a way with my website. I use a service called Incapsula, the plan I'm using is free, which by a simple change to my dns records for my website, all spam-bot posting activity has stopped.

Captcha's by themselves are not enough to stop the bots. For anyone with a website and bot problems, I highly suggest you look at Incapsula's offering.
          This sounds like a SPAM message to get us to use their products. I'd be skeptical.

These spammers are getting dedicated these days, becoming gold members to try and fly under the radar.

I kid I kid.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
            Honestly it's more just a lack of moderating.
            We had ALOT of spam last month or 2, (More than what I see there for a daily count)

The difference is that we stay on top of it so it doesn't interfere with our Community.
            Yep Mods at CB7Tuner aren't just disgruntled older members, we do actually work here
            wait, there's moderators here?
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The mods here squashed about 90% of the spam before anyone even saw it (thread view = 0) Half the time, when I caught spam myself, someone had already deleted it before I completed the process myself! It helps to have moderators that live on the other side of the world!

CD5tuner got hit pretty hard for a while as well. The moderators aren't as active there, as the site isn't that active, so it was more of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                CD5tuner got hit pretty hard for a while as well. The moderators aren't as active there, as the site isn't that active, so it was more of a problem.
                That's because their cars are not pushing antique status.

Comment

Nah... it's more because the damn site keeps breaking for one reason or another before it can really get rolling! It's a good forum, and the core members are great... but stupid stuff keeps happening (CD5tuner, that is... I have a feeling Bisi's forum is full of windowshoppers and nuthangers...)

Comment

nuthangers
                    MRT
                    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                    Originally posted by Tippey764
                    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

nut-hangers
                      dick riders
                      grundle jockies
                      taint trolls
                      scrotum sailers

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                        This sounds like a SPAM message to get us to use their products. I'd be skeptical.

These spammers are getting dedicated these days, becoming gold members to try and fly under the radar.

I kid I kid.
                        My wiki was the target of the spambots, here is the history for the last 180 days. I haven't had a bot sign up since July 6th.

In regards to your scepticism:

Another nice feature is they cache your site at locations all around the world, which reduces overall bandwidth usage on your server. That can be seen under Accelleration in the report.

I know it sounds like a sales pitch, and it probably is, but I am not selling you on anything, just sharing a free option that might benefit you, as it sure as hell as benefited me.
                        Last edited by cloudasc; 09-13-2012, 10:52 PM.
                        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I have a feeling Bisi's forum is full of windowshoppers and nuthangers
                          Well now that my suspension is done, I replaced everything mechanical on my car, and I have most of my 5 speed parts it's time to move onto power adders. Trying to figure out if I can go with a level 3 cam with and keep my intake and exhaust. Or if I would just choke the cam. No problem upgrading manifold, TB, fuel system, ecu, and valvetrain. I just don't want to drop the expensive stuff I just put in.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            wait, there's moderators here?
                            Shhh, don't let everyone know.

It helps to have moderators that live on the other side of the world!
                            Even better is that it's just gone 6pm Friday evening, Sun is shining and my 2nd bourbon is disappearing quickly

Sorry I had to

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                              6pm Friday evening
                              Seriously. Wow. 11:30 here.

Comment

Working...
                              X