Decaying flash memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decaying flash memory

Is there any way to make a flash card respond?
    It's the one in my phone. It looks like it's hit it's lifespan.
    My phone the last few days has been giving me random memory card errors. Now, when it's plugged in to either of my memory card readers, it gives me absolutely no response. Both of my 2 GB cards respond.
    When I plug the card back into my phone, it recognizes it, and offers to format it.
    Is there anything I can do to get the computer to recognize it? I want to pull the data off of it.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
    Is there any way to make a flash card respond?
    It's the one in my phone. It looks like it's hit it's lifespan.
    My phone the last few days has been giving me random memory card errors. Now, when it's plugged in to either of my memory card readers, it gives me absolutely no response. Both of my 2 GB cards respond.
    When I plug the card back into my phone, it recognizes it, and offers to format it.
    Is there anything I can do to get the computer to recognize it? I want to pull the data off of it.
    Flash cards can only read/write so many times. After they reach their lifespan the micro internals have deteriorated to much for it to recognize there is anything stored on it. As far as i know there is nothing you can do. This is why backup is so important
    visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
      Flash cards can only read/write so many times. After they reach their lifespan the micro internals have deteriorated to much for it to recognize there is anything stored on it. As far as i know there is nothing you can do. This is why backup is so important
      if i understand correctly, SSDs have the same problem.
      what is the best device for backup? regular HDD?

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
        if i understand correctly, SSDs have the same problem.
        what is the best device for backup? regular HDD?
        Theoreticaly flash memory should last longer than hdd but some do not. I have an hdd that has been running since 2005. As for back up i would stick them on your computer or if your really crazy then go for online backup
        visit vgruk

Comment

Working...
        X