Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What dremel head is useful in cutting metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What dremel head is useful in cutting metal?

i have always seen on here that everyone says they use a dremel to enlarge metal holes but yesterday i tried to use mine when i was installing one of my sidemarkers and it wouldnt make the hole bigger worth shit...am i using the wrong head? i used one that came with it that the manual said could be used to "deburr" and im wondering if i need to buy a special one...

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

CAI install?

Use tin snips (metal cutting shears) to cut the majority of the metal out. Then use the dremel to cut the ragged edges off. I learned the hard way and wasted $13 on a whole pack of dremel bits that barely did anything.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      CAI install?

Use tin snips (metal cutting shears) to cut the majority of the metal out. Then use the dremel to cut the ragged edges off. I learned the hard way and wasted $13 on a whole pack of dremel bits that barely did anything.
      haha no not cai, sidemarkers...i had to get my dad to help me after i drilled a huge ass hole and all the dremel did was slip and take a line of paint of my car but he had tin snips we used and then i actually used a file to finish the edges bc that dremel wouldnt do shit...

Comment

Ah, ok. Damn, sorry to hear about the paint!

I'm considering putting some sidemarkers on as well...

Comment

i installed sidemarkers with a dremel. i made a cardboard template, lined it up then traced it onto the fender with a pencil. to actually cut it out, i used the heaviest cutting discs that i could find, the black ones. they broke every so often, but i had a small container full of them so i didnt run out. used the cutting discs to get the general shape, then used the sanding wheel, which is just sandpaper wrapped around a cylinder, and i grinded down the edges till i got the general shape. then i kept test fitting, grinding, testing, till they popped in and stayed well. i deburred the edges with a file, then used touch up paint to cover over the bare metal.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

alright thanks ill check for the black disks...

Comment

Working...
            X