Today is the day..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone remember the Honda riding mowers? I used to have one. Until, in my
    younger stupider days, I sold it and bought a John Deere. Worst decision I've
    EVER made.

I also have a Honda powered power washer that is as old as me.
    And I have the Honda branded mower. It's the one with a plastic deck.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Photonoworkie

Yeah, Honda probably outsources the chassis of their own Honda-branded products anyway. Plus, it's not like you're buying it for its handling capabilities!

A quality mower with a nice strong engine makes life SO much easier. When I bought my house, I used the mower the previous owner left me. It was the mower equivalent to a Yugo. Underpowerd, rusted, and falling apart!
      I replaced it with a used Craftsman that my uncle gave me. That was nice, but it was failing quickly.
      Then I bought my brand new one. That thing ripped through overgrown grass like it was nothing!
      All push mowers... I haven't had the bucks or motivation to get a rider!

Ya were your's self propelled or push?

Craftsman make really good mowers....when I use to mow my moms, her's was a craftsman.

It was one solid piece of machinery until my bother bent the blade lol.

Comment

So echo is good stuff?

Im researching weed eaters and blowers now.

I found a good deal on a Poulan(never heard of them)

$100 out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
          So echo is good stuff?

Im researching weed eaters and blowers now.

I found a good deal on a Poulan(never heard of them)

$100 out the door.
          never used poulan's trimmers. my dad has a couple poulan chainsaws that seem to work fine, although they get used a lot less than trimmers and blowers.

i've heard a lot of good things about echo, but never used one so not entirely sure. ive used Stihl and Husqvarna weed eaters (we have a husqvarna at the family's lakeside place). the stihl has lasted for years, and i think the husqvarna is about 5 years old and we only ran into a small problem with the husqvarna weed eater when the plastic casing crushed the spark plug wire.

Comment

Echo is good and comes with a lifetime warranty.. My step dad and I used to use Echo weedeaters and trimmers for some pretty heavy duty stuff and have yet to burn out anything on one. Look into an authorized Echo dealer and make sure that it comes with a lifetime warranty first before buying one!

They're pretty much commercial/industrial grade with a moderate price tag. It'll pay itself off in no time!

EDIT: Depending on which model you get, you can buy some attachments for them. We bought a regular commercial grade Echo weed wacker that had the attachment features and bought and edger for it, and you can also get a mini cultivator for one. I think they also have a branch trimmer where you can trim back tree branches..
            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              Ya were your's self propelled or push?

Craftsman make really good mowers....when I use to mow my moms, her's was a craftsman.

It was one solid piece of machinery until my bother bent the blade lol.
              The one I got from my uncle was self-propelled. It was neat, but unnecessary. My yard isn't very big, and it's mostly level.

A bent blade is easy to fix! In fact, I have my last bent blade sitting on the floor next to me, about to go out in tonight's trash! I whacked a stump. I bent about 3" of blade on one side to a 90° angle. 30 minutes and $13 later, I had a new blade from Sears bolted on there, and I was finishing up. What a difference a new blade makes!

Comment

Haha, I've had to put a new blade on before.. on my riding mower that I had... after 'finishing' up the yard, I felt that I needed to go back over what I mowed before the new blade.
                92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  The one I got from my uncle was self-propelled. It was neat, but unnecessary. My yard isn't very big, and it's mostly level.

A bent blade is easy to fix! In fact, I have my last bent blade sitting on the floor next to me, about to go out in tonight's trash! I whacked a stump. I bent about 3" of blade on one side to a 90° angle. 30 minutes and $13 later, I had a new blade from Sears bolted on there, and I was finishing up. What a difference a new blade makes!
                  The blades on actual Honda mowers are rather neat. I believe they're serrated,
                  double blades, or both. I can't find it online and I don't want to go out and
                  look.

Bending a blade..... those are usually connected straight to the crankshaft.
                  That could've done some damage.
                  MRT
                  37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                  30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                  27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                  Originally posted by Tippey764
                  I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Yeah, it definitely could have. Thankfully, it didn't! It's a tough little mower. I had it serviced at the little mom n' pop mower shop down the street (literally... a little old dude and his wife, and their son that now does all the actual work!) and they told me that the engine on my little mower is one of Briggs & Stratton's finest. That was nice to hear!

Comment

last time i mowed a lawn Reagan was in his first term. It was and old Craftsman that my dad owned

Poulan lawn mowers are pretty decent from what i have heard

but for the house I will buy I would go Honda powered
                      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Cool.

Yea I saw all the attachments for the weed wackers lol.

Didn't know they were making those now.

Ill have to look into the echo, I could probably use some of the attachments.

Thanks for the advice!

Welp, was going to mow today but it rained all morning.

Maybe if it dries good, ill hit it this afternoon!

Comment

Honda mower................................ RICEEEEE!!!!!

But really ... I was looking at Honda snow blowers... Not cheap. One day

Comment

I don't think i've ever seen someone so excited to mow their own lawn before. I've been mowing this yard of ours for some odd 20 years now so it's like "dang i gotta mow again because of that rain last night". Granted we have a lawn tractor but it still takes my brother and I like two and a half hours to mow and weed eat. We also have a Craftsman mower because our house floods every five years, i don't want to be the one known as a killer of a Honda mower otherwise i'd get one.

Comment

^_^

Comment

I've got a 17 year old Honda Harmony mower, still starts on the first or second pull every time. Great little mower.
                                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X