No announcement yet.

Kony 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but they'll only get 30% of it. Invisible Children will probably take 70% before it reaches Uganda.

Comment

I found another!
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Because Bieber couldn't possibly fire a gun! His widdle arm would break off.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Because Bieber couldn't possibly fire a gun! His widdle arm would break off.
          Kony is a man. He has needs. Beiber has a high voice.....
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Homeboy has something like 44 wives! And if the girl in the video Dean posted is what Ugandan girls look like... Kony doesn't need Bieber, no matter how much the boy looks like a pretty girl!

Comment

Honestly, this is my take on 93.8% of people who support Invisible Children:

I think that some people actually have pure intentions, but are just misguided. On a side note:

_C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Comment

People mean well, but of all of those that are sharing the video on Facebook, how many of them are actually planning on doing more? I mean, yes... people ARE suffering. According to the video Gemini posted, they're not suffering at the hands of Kony nearly as much as Invisible Children would seem to want us to believe... but they ARE suffering. Kony is a nutjob, without a doubt. The US identified him as a terrorist (as well as his organization) well over 10 years ago... it's NOTHING NEW.

If you want to make a difference, you have to do more than watch a 30 minute propaganda video. Sure, that's great for learning what might be a worthwhile focus, but there's MUCH more involved. Hell, I think I may know more about Kony than half the people sharing the video on my Facebook, and I seriously don't give a shit! I just did some research on my own, to figure out what they were talking about. That brings me to the necessary steps to follow:
                1) Hear about a "cause", such as through a video like Kony2012. This is STEP ONE. The BEGINNING!
                2) Seek out unbiased factual information from multiple reputable sources. Wikipedia is actually a VERY good place to start. Read Wikipedia articles, then look at the cited sources and seek out the ones that seem most applicable. Read and understand those sources as well.
                3) If you've decided you want to get involved and make a difference, find an organization that might be able to help. RESEARCH THIS ORGANIZATION! People have sent money to Invisible Children, and much of that money has gone to pay for new cameras, video production costs, and the brand new BMWs that they're driving. There are certainly other organizations that are helping the poor and oppressed in Uganda.
                4) Once you've found an organization that you trust, determine what level of involvement you want. Do you just want to send money? Because, you know, money fixes everything. It's the American way! Do you want to get involved in efforts to collect food, clothing, make care packages, organize efforts to educate the poor Ugandans, etc...? Do you want to actually GO TO UGANDA and try to help? Figure out who can help you achieve your goals, and pursue that route.
                5) Once you know what you need to do... DO IT.

If you're unable or unwilling to actually follow through with anything more than posting a video or writing a check, don't preach. You're not helping anybody by spreading propaganda.

Comment

Working...
                X