No announcement yet.

Kony 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's rare that I see Youtube commentary videos that actually make sense... but this girl makes a lot of sense. I mean, the usual "um", "like", and "everything i say sounds like a question" aspects are still there... but what she's saying makes a LOT of sense! And from someone that actually has close ties to the country, that makes a LOT more sense than some isolated white boys that wanted to make a video.

In one of my responses to this thread, I almost commented about Kony leading an army "in the middle of nowhere"... but before I said that, I did a Google search on Uganda, to see what "the middle of nowhere" looks like. Yeah, Uganda isn't exactly a desolate shithole. It's a pretty decently developed country. I'm sure there are villages that are dirt poor... people living in huts and whatnot... but it's not the entire country, for sure!

Oh, and that girl is super cute.

Comment

That was much easier to stomach than the 30 minutes of pure BS the rich white guy and his son put out.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        It's rare that I see Youtube commentary videos that actually make sense... but this girl makes a lot of sense. I mean, the usual "um", "like", and "everything i say sounds like a question" aspects are still there... but what she's saying makes a LOT of sense! And from someone that actually has close ties to the country, that makes a LOT more sense than some isolated white boys that wanted to make a video.

In one of my responses to this thread, I almost commented about Kony leading an army "in the middle of nowhere"... but before I said that, I did a Google search on Uganda, to see what "the middle of nowhere" looks like. Yeah, Uganda isn't exactly a desolate shithole. It's a pretty decently developed country. I'm sure there are villages that are dirt poor... people living in huts and whatnot... but it's not the entire country, for sure!

Oh, and that girl is super cute.
        I thought the same thing, she is a cutie and I'd take her word over a well produced video any day.
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          I thought the same thing, she is a cutie and I'd take her word over a well produced video any day.
          because she has a vagina?
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            because she has a vagina?
            because she has no ulterior motive.
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I'd be far more willing to believe her point of view over those that are making a considerable profit.

And the girl's attractiveness, or her vagina... don't contribute to the relevance of her words. Even the "um" and "like" bits that are thrown about don't alter the significance of what she has to say.

Comment

http://www.break.com/index/joseph-ko...erview-2307628
                frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

all of those things are similar to what i found when i first went looking into them, cause im doubtful when it comes to believing money actually makes it to the cause...especially in africa or asia, but i did find their financial statements provided by an outside auditor, too lazy to go find the link as it's been a couple days but they have a heck of a lot of money in computer equipment and transportation equipment, and i've heard it use to be a good cause till the creators got greedy

personally i think its a fb phase and half these "social activists" on my minifeed probably don't even know the dude's first name...and this stuff happens everywhere, children are abducted all over africa for sex/war, the invisible child hookers in Thailand get ignored, and im not going to start with abduction for organ harvesting. Personally we had this happen back in sri lanka for 30 years exact same shit and the world wouldnt get involved but as a Canadian we can send troops to iraq, planes to libya and ships out to stop Somalian pirates. Its a good cause but i think it blew up way too much and people doing it just for the sake of doing it now, just like how everyone has to make a status about the superbowl or use to about jersey shore.
                  Originally posted by Hopeless View Post

by most sources, ~30% of the money they receive actually makes it to Uganda, and most of it goes into the ugandan military, which is supposely nearly as bad as the rebel group theyre trying to bring down (reports of rape, looting, etc)

Program and administrative expenses account for 9m of the 14m$ theyve raised.

all of the trips to africa, filming equipment, editing, etc is all covered under this ridiculous budget they have set.

and theyve been accused of fraud , dont cooperate with the BBB, have a low rating on charity navigator, and have never been audited externally.

info's all out there, just gotta go get it, most of it is compiled into the links i posted above
                  IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

Edit: One more
                    Last edited by GeoffM; 03-09-2012, 11:26 AM.
                    MRT
                    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                    Originally posted by Tippey764
                    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

the whole Kony 2012 idea to me is a sham, the whole world hates America already. Having an American trained Ugandan army kill thousands of kids in hopes of getting a phsycopath that we don't even know if he is still alive just irks me. We need to worry about our own problems.

Picture courtesy of JezzWolf!

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post

Edit: One more
                        i laughed so hard

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

woke up to this picture msg earlier this week
                          IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

I got shit for telling every one on Fbook that IDGAF about Kony2012, I should have said IDGAF about the propaganda, and that I'm not a heartless human and DO CARE about the kids but in reality thats so far away from home and really there is very little benefit from saving those kids other than saying "Hey we finished off a Monster". I wish some one would help but its def not the first thing on my mind.

As a mexican, I see the news everyday about the NARCWAR in Mexico. This guy has amount 30k in 30 years? Wow try 50k in 4 years on for size.

Pfft .

Comment

Definitely. We have plenty of things to worry about closer to home. Still... someone makes a big stink about something in a far-off land, and the bleeding hearts that are too lazy to actually DO anything get all worked up about it. Tibet, Somalia, Darfur... it's just a fad. A terrible way to look at it, but for most of the people "involved" in this "campaign", it's no more than that.
                              I feel there's far more honor in saying "I don't give a shit" than in saying "I DO giver a shit!" (and the only shit given is a link posted on Facebook... )

Do I care about the people that are suffering? Absolutely. It saddens me that they are going through such things. Am I going to do anything about it? No, I'm not. If I do decide to do something, it'll be more than posting Facebook links, or sending a check to some company that makes a tear-jerking video.

If I want to do something, I'm going to go over to Camden or Philadelphia... two cities that are so close that I can smell them from my bedroom window. There are plenty of people in those two cities that are starving, addicted, involved in a violent lifestyle that they can't escape, lacking education, etc... There are a million problems to be addressed right on my doorstep. If I want to get worked up over someone's suffering, I'm going to get worked up over the suffering that I may be able to help alleviate, at least in some way!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                                Definitely. We have plenty of things to worry about closer to home. Still... someone makes a big stink about something in a far-off land, and the bleeding hearts that are too lazy to actually DO anything get all worked up about it. Tibet, Somalia, Darfur... it's just a fad. A terrible way to look at it, but for most of the people "involved" in this "campaign", it's no more than that.
                                I feel there's far more honor in saying "I don't give a shit" than in saying "I DO giver a shit!" (and the only shit given is a link posted on Facebook... )

Do I care about the people that are suffering? Absolutely. It saddens me that they are going through such things. Am I going to do anything about it? No, I'm not. If I do decide to do something, it'll be more than posting Facebook links, or sending a check to some company that makes a tear-jerking video.

If I want to do something, I'm going to go over to Camden or Philadelphia... two cities that are so close that I can smell them from my bedroom window. There are plenty of people in those two cities that are starving, addicted, involved in a violent lifestyle that they can't escape, lacking education, etc... There are a million problems to be addressed right on my doorstep. If I want to get worked up over someone's suffering, I'm going to get worked up over the suffering that I may be able to help alleviate, at least in some way!
                                Couldn't you help by mailing your Fit to Africa?
                                MRT
                                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                                Originally posted by Tippey764
                                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                                X