• Show
Clear All

Arteries

Two questions, not related:

1. Which arteries cannot be stitched?

2. Where are the arteries in your body?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artery

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
      Two questions, not related:

1. Which arteries cannot be stitched?

the ones that are a width of a hair

2. Where are the arteries in your body?
      Is this a trick question?

Comment

damn it geoffM did you kill a hooker

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          Is this a trick question?
          I meant main arteries. Not the little ones.

Originally posted by sulimed View Post
          damn it geoffM did you kill a hooker
          No. If I killed her, I wouldn't need to know where the arteries are.
          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I meant main arteries. Not the little ones.

No. If I killed her, I wouldn't need to know where the arteries are.
            is there a particular one you're looking for? because they are all over the body in every every extremity. Just look for a red one but the main arteries are the brachiocephalic artery, carotid artery and the left subclavian artery which all start at the aortic arch.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
              is there a particular one you're looking for? because they are all over the body in every every extremity. Just look for a red one but the main arteries are the brachiocephalic artery, carotid artery and the left subclavian artery which all start at the aortic arch.
              Nothing in particular. This whole thread stemmed from a conversation my GF and I were having. It was roughly along the lines of if you had to quickly cut an artery to kill them, which one would you go for, and where is it?

I've seen something like this in a movie. A teacher from elementary school got kidnapped, and put in a room with a broken telephone. She managed to fix it and call a random person. The whole movie she's on the phone with this person, and eventually manages to escape her room. She fatally injures one of the kidnappers by cutting his leg artery.
              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Nothing in particular. This whole thread stemmed from a conversation my GF and I were having. It was roughly along the lines of if you had to quickly cut an artery to kill them, which one would you go for, and where is it?

I've seen something like this in a movie. A teacher from elementary school got kidnapped, and put in a room with a broken telephone. She managed to fix it and call a random person. The whole movie she's on the phone with this person, and eventually manages to escape her room. She fatally injures one of the kidnappers by cutting his leg artery.
                well in that case, i'd go for carotid artery in the neck as that area is often not covered or protected.

Comment

Arteries run all over. The Femoral artery runs through the right leg and possibly left. Not sure if that's called something else though.

An officer was killed here years ago by getting cut in his leg. He bled out and died.
                  My Car
                  FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                    Arteries run all over. The Femoral artery runs through the right leg and possibly left. Not sure if that's called something else though.

An officer was killed here years ago by getting cut in his leg. He bled out and died.
                    in the movie "Hannibal" Lechter stabs a guy in the leg and cuts his femoral artery and the guy bleeds out quick because the femoral artery is approximately 1 inch in diameter
                    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                      in the movie "Hannibal" Lechter stabs a guy in the leg and cuts his femoral artery and the guy bleeds out quick because the femoral artery is approximately 1 inch in diameter
                      yeah that shit's scary my brother has a big bulging vein sticking out of his right leg. I'm pretty sure its an artery. You can clearly see it through his skin when he wears shorts and I always ask him if ir freaks him out that he could easily cut it and bleed out. shits crazy.

Comment

Working...
                      X