SC messed up AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC messed up AGAIN

I am SO pissed off right now. Long story short, Amazon wanted to build a distribution center here in SC and wanted a 5 year tax break. The state house thought they were bluffing so they declined them and when they decided to pick their shit up and leave, SC gave them their tax break because SC desperately needs jobs and alot of people are out of work here in Columbia. Well I just found out the other day that Amazon will NOT hire you if you have became unemployed within the past couple years and you must already have a job if you want to work there. I think this is complete bullshit. If you are given such privileges, you should at least hire the people who don't have jobs instead of the ones that do!!!

I am going to be voting this November.

wow that sucks.. here i was going to apply at the one in Kentucky but i've been out of a job since last Oct. I reckon i'll go apply at Krogers as a shelf stocker.
    Last edited by Leung; 09-20-2011, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Okay....so is it SC's fault or Amazon's for making the hiring rules?
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

This is why I loathe corporations so much. You give them an inch and take a mile.
        | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

Wow!
          I couldn't find a damn job in SC either, that's why I had to pack all my crap up and move back up to MN.
          Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
          CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
          Coupe MRT

Comment

Its Amazons hiring rules. Amazon was supposed to CREATE jobs for the unemployed, not create jobs for people whoever have jobs. I think its fucked up and unfair.

And Brian I finally got me a job at a machine shop. This school is starting to pay off!!

Comment

Well, think of it this way... Amazon is only hiring people that already have jobs (not sure what their reasoning is there...) HOWEVER, that means all those people that currently have jobs will be leaving them for Amazon. Therefore... a whole lot of jobs will be opening up!

Comment

Damn... I thought someone got a supercharger to work on a CB and it messed up.

Amazon opened up a center in Chattanooga, Tennessee and a lot of my friends that were unemployed got scooped up by Amazon.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Well, think of it this way... Amazon is only hiring people that already have jobs (not sure what their reasoning is there...) HOWEVER, that means all those people that currently have jobs will be leaving them for Amazon. Therefore... a whole lot of jobs will be opening up!
                Exactly.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  i kept thinking this as i was reading, but you beat me to it. it may not be so direct as immediate positions, but pulling people from other places should create local employment holes all over the place.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

It also means that you'll have a choice of positions.. some that may be better suited to you than, say, stuffing random products into smile-face boxes.

Comment

Working...
                    X