Really Upset Right Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Upset Right Now

So, yesterday i traded my truck for a 92 EX. it runs fine but doesnt have 2nd or 4th gear and things like that. I was supposed to meet the guy today to get my plates back. i called him and was gonna ask if we could trade back, but when i call him it says the number is not in service. idk whats goin on, but is there anything i can do in this situation at least to get my plates back??

Originally posted by scudweiser
    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Report them stolen.
    Take the police report to the dmv, and see what they can do. What they can do will depend on where you live.
    Thets Lame.
    Sorry!
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

do i just call my police department or go down there?

Comment

did you not test drive the car?

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

i did, n it was working fine till the drive home

Comment

Do you have your registration that go with the tags, and the title for the car you hold atm?

Comment

theres no title, but i have the 20 day temp plate info sheet with the original owners name and address on it.

Comment

you better call PD asap. If you still have the original documents for your sedan..Id call them now.

I can't believe you actually went thru with the trade. you better hope that car isn't stolen.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 CB7 LX View Post
                  theres no title, but i have the 20 day temp plate info sheet with the original owners name and address on it.
                  you DONT have the new title? so youre driving somebody else's car still.

besides reporting the plates flat out "stolen" doesnt sound like there is a lot you can do.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

There is the possibility, because you can tell the officer what happened, that he will leave there, and go get your shit back...

Or, you can get a few witnesses, and go to the address, and tell them you called the plates as stolen, and you want your truck back.

Comment

In the state of NH, for a car that's 20 years or older you technically don't need a title.

Every car I've registered here, I've always had a title. If the seller does not have a title, I won't touch it.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

You traded. You were the one that was dumb enough to leave your plates on the truck.
                        If you call and report the plates as stolen, you'll definitely make an enemy of this guy.
                        Can't you track down the owner based on the address on the current car's registration?

As for the transmission issue, is the D4 light flashing by any chance?

And yeah, taking a car without a title is absolutely stupid. I did that years ago... and the guy disappeared. I ended up with a car I couldn't register or drive, no way to get the title... and one day the car just disappeared. I assume the previous (and technically still current) owner came and took it.

Comment

yea the d4 light flashes. he said he would meet me today which i know means nothing to give my plates back. i do have his address, i could drive down there but i dont have any gas.

Comment

the cops r on theyre way to my house

Comment

Go to his house, get your plates back, get your title, and call it a day.

That flashing D4 is indicating a transmission error code coming from the TCU. It is telling you why you don't have 2nd or 4th. It could be something simple. Pull the code, fix the problem, and your car will work.

I see no point in involving the police in this situation. Did you give the guy the title to your truck? If so, and you signed it... that truck is his. He never gave you the title to that car, and I assume you didn't get a bill of sale or anything like that, so technically, that car is his as well. All he has to do is say YOU stole HIS car, and he could screw you over bigtime.

You did something stupid. Rectify it with honor... don't start calling the dude a criminal because you were too dumb to take your plates back, or get a title for a car that you traded for.

Comment

Working...
                              X