recently sold my car but still shows it registered to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recently sold my car but still shows it registered to me

i recently sold my cb7 last month that i had in storage for 2yrs but it still shows that my car is registered i called penn dot (PA DMV) and they told me it shows im still the owner but what i do not get is my car was not inspected nor was it insured i also took my plate back and they want proof that i sold my car but the thing is i dont have proof. i want to know how i go about this situation thanks for reading
    Last edited by 92accordkidd; 06-23-2011, 06:12 AM.

What are they trying to make you do where you need proof you sold it to avoid doing it?

Comment

penn dot want to see proof that i sold my car it says in there computer im still the owner and that i owe tickets which i never got a ticket in my life and when i stored the car in the garage i took my plate off and put it in my closet

Comment

where is the title? Did you sign it over to the other person?

Comment

yes i signed the title over but im currently in new york the car was sold out here

Comment

Hmm That is extremely odd. How many tickets were "supposedly" on your cb?

Comment

they said it was a expired meter ticket but i never got a ticket because my cb was my weekend car and my car always was stored i find it weird since i sold my car they will send me that letter in the mail

Comment

Lol if it was just a meter tic, i would just pay it so they could stop hassling you.

Comment

i paid it yesterday thanks for helping me out i was just unsure if it will show that im still the owner of my old cb7 i was curious because i also got my cd5 registered also
                  Last edited by 92accordkidd; 06-23-2011, 07:35 AM.

Comment

What Happen here is the new owner didn't register it yet. and got a ticket and dot gave the ticket with VIN # in place and now you have a ticket....since you don't have the car it makes no point to get a new titlte ( I did this once when I sold a CD5 but the new owner left the car and re sold it )

maybe you can make a Bill of sale and show that as proof or go to the new owner (thats if you still know were he lives)

Links to my rides :
                    1992 Accord EX*
                    1990 Accord EX
                    1991 Accord SE (4th)
                    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                    1991 Accord SE

Comment

the new owner moved out the bronx i believe but im going to come up with a bill of sale also wen he came to get the car it got towed out i dont kno if he was driving around without plates but the inspection stickers been expired and he sure didnt get a plate with the car all he got was the title

Comment

fail dude, you always write out 2 copies of the bill of sale when selling a car, in case shit like this happens. If the guy had dumped the car in a ditch and the state came at you asking for $1000 in fines and fees, you would be fucked because you have no proof you sold the car.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

i also assume you scratched off the registration sticker before you sold it, right? a lot of people forget to do that too.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

yup i took the stickers off

Comment

It's been my experience that you should always keep the car until you see the buyer come back with the signed title/registration in his name. Then you give him the keys. At least that's the way I have always done it. The bill of sale thing probably won't fly unless you have the buyers name and signature.

You should track the guy down and make sure he has the title in his name.

You realize that now, even without the plates, insurance or stickers, this guy could still physically drive the car. If he gets in an accident or uses this car for any sort of illegal actions and flees the scene. Guess who they come looking for...............last known registered owner.
                              Last edited by GhostAccord; 06-23-2011, 11:43 AM.
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X