No announcement yet.

What Keeps You Alert On Long Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are tired enough you can fall asleep standing up. I've fallen asleep while typing before. Chewing gum doesn't work when you are really tired.

Best thing is to not have any sleep deprivation when you start the trip. If you are driving at night, you would want to have slept well the night before or even during the daytime before you leave.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Pepsi and usually when I stop for gas I walk around and it wakes me back up drove to orlando just stopping for gas(one time)..get plenty of sleep the night before!

Car audio classifieds...
      http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...ferrerid=12120
      Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/blackoutt334?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I drive 10-14 hours a day on a regular basis, so I'm pretty used to long trips!
        I usually just sing along to my music. Of course, I do that all the time anyway, not just when I'm trying to stay awake.
        But is that a steady 10-14 hours? Or is that stop and go?
        I.e. if you drove a steady 10-14 hours you could make it here.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          adrenaline like stomping on the brakes or dipping through traffic. or cigarettes
          oooor you can try to keep up with BMW with MI tags thats been hauling ass through the last 2 states. good times

Comment

Good suggestions guys! I don't do the energy drinks at all, but i'll drink the hell out of some cherry pepsi or some frappacino. I've never been able to fall asleep easy, I can't do naps no matter how hard I try. We're leaving about 8 at night, if it were day driving it would be nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz View Post
              oooor you can try to keep up with BMW with MI tags thats been hauling ass through the last 2 states. good times
              MRT
              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
              Originally posted by Tippey764
              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
              Originally posted by deevergote
              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

being awesome.
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

I pretty much drive for a living right now 10-16 hours a day six days a week. Not including the ride to and from work about twenty minutes each way. If I start feeling tired I just eat some food and drink some water we tend to stop several times during the day so I'll take the opportunity to walk around stretch it take a wiz and it helps keep me up.

Comment

For me its always been blasting all my Tool songs, drinking coffee or sugar free energy drinks,depending on weather, along with water and, snacking on fruits or nuts.I usually go for sunflower seeds,cashews or some kind of trail mix. Ive found this helps me out quite a bit. Oh, and windows down regardless of heat or cold!

Comment

I know its not legal on your end but....ADDERALL.

When I left FL one night at around 7pm (6 hour) trip, I was good with one 15mg the whole trip, but I am prescribed to them for school. For some reason, I can't drive past 9pm without wanting to fall asleep. So I popped one when I got into Jacksonville and I was good until I got back to Columbia. No gut rot, jitters, BS. Just nothing but focused, steady driving with a little bit of cotton mouth. You may talk alot, or you will be mean as fuck. I never know which one Im going to be when I take them, but mostly mean as fuck.

Comment

Working...
                      X