• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
    Maps
    AppPlanet

doesnt work no more. haha
    COUPE K24

Comment

Please, if your using a task killer, uninstall it.

It might *seem* useful, but honestly it is bulshit.

Ive talked to lots of devs who will tell you that Android by default will reclaim memory when it needs it as opposed to Windows where it just freezes up.

Android will kill the oldest running app in an order of preference when it needs more memory.

Task killers not only fuck up this system but help drain the battery in itself as has been posted.

They can also cause force closes and fuck shit up if you dont know what your doing.

Ive never used one and i NEVER have mem issues, then again my phone is rooted and overclocked.

My must have apps are as follows-

Amazon Appstore- a free paid app everyday that is yours forever....and i dont mean bullshit paid apps, i mean plus editions of some of the best known apps.

Astro- file manager, very simple yet very powerful.

Car Maintenance Reminder Pro- Awesome app that lets you enter all the info about multiple cars and alerts you when it is time for maintenance. Also does MPG.

Gasbuddy- tells you where to find the cheapest gas, breaks it up between reg, mid, and premium. Will also navigate you with directions.

KIK Messenger- basically like BBM for multi devices....works pretty good.

Little Photo- powerful photo editor! Has over 25 effects.

Netflix(only works on devices running 2.3 i believe) Need i say more?

Photoshop mobile- for what the other apps can't handle.

Tune In Radio app- 1000s of radio stations + police/fire/ems streams. Can search by GPS.

Words With Friends- an awesome scrabble app that will expand your vocab and also your friends list!!!!

I think thats it....

for the rooted crowd.....must have apps.....

Rom Manager- lets you backup, restore, flash, and install recoveries WITHIN the OS as opposed to rebooting and then flashing. If you get the premium version you can get updates from the devs on the specific rom your running.

Voltage Control- for overclocking, very efficient and powerful little program.

Xda- Forum app for the Xda-developers website. Awesome forum app!

SUFBS- Superuser file manager app....has A LOT of functions!

An3DBench- you might not need root for this, but its basically for benching your phone. Odds are, if your not rooted, your phone will perform horribly, so no need to use it.

BTW- phone is a Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate rooted running Cyanogen Mods CM7.01 I <3 Gingerbread!
      Last edited by Ralphie; 06-15-2011, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
        doesnt work no more. haha
        NOOOOOOo0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o0!
        SInce when? I just tried it and saw......
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

You don't know the true power of your phone until it's rooted/rom'd/overclocked

Had my Evo since launch day. Right now it's rooted, running Myn's RLS5 and overclocked to 1.19ghz

Snapshot of a quadrant test

Comment

Working...
          X