Southeast Storm Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southeast Storm Coverage

Over this past week there have a series of very serious, very deadly storms that ripped through the Southeast and up into the Northeast. I am limited in my scope, but what I have seen is typical of the damage produced by these storms. Luckily we have remained relatively tornado-free in Knoxville, but straight line winds have caused their fair share of damage.

All of the photos so far are from Monday's storm damage. I have yet to get out and see the damage from tonight's storms but there apparently has been a huge amount of hail dumped around our area. I'm hearing reports of entire parking lots with every window busted out. There have been dozens of fatalities already confirmed from the storms, which really hit worst in Alabama. Keep these areas in your minds as things have been really tough the past few days for many people.

Seeing the damage on the news is always a bit dulled down due to the scale of it. Each of us can connect better with a photo like the one below. Just imagine if that vehicle was yours.

I will follow up with this post with more coverage of the damage and some video of the storm tonight.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

How far Northeast did it go? We got some minor storms in NJ, but certainly nothing that could do that! The worst we got was about 2 weeks ago, where my area had a tornado warning (not a very common thing... nothing seems to have touched down.)

That's scary to see.

Comment

Not that far, my idea of the Northeast is very skewed to what should really be considered the NE. I'd say things had broken up by about Virginia, at least the worst of it.

Here is a video of the storm from tonight. This was a very brief, calm moment. I couldn't get any good video of the actual storm because, from that exact same window, I couldn't see anything.

http://vimeo.com/22977055

Comment

I'm going to Chattanooga tomorrow morning through Sunday. If you don't mind, I'll add damage pics here.
        Ringgold, GA, just south of Chatt, is setting up a "mass casualty morgue".

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Alabama is in a state of emergency. It tore through Fultondale less than a mile from where I am.. I dont know what to say other than im so lucky, I drove through it and the damage is just.. Horrible. It looks liek a bomb went off. Iv never seen anything like it, cars flipped upside down pieces of buildings litter the streets. The mcdonalds moved 3 blocks down into the K mart parking lot, it ripped the roof off of almost every gas station and destroyed so many buildings.

I have power but many dont theres people walking down the street with everything they own in there hands lookin for someone to take them in. It looks like a 3rd world country.
          -Will

Comment

Those are some amazing images Tn ..
            My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone back east.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

there was a MEAN tornado that came near charlotte last week and leveled everything. might ride out there and get some pics. :/
              COUPE K24

Comment

I went for a bike ride on Tuesday and wondered why it was so windy. Got back home to find out there was a tornado warning the whole time! No actual damage up here though. I don't think we've ever actually had anything like that.

You have any damage?
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                Originally posted by deevergote
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Hail from last night left a numer of small dents but luckily I escaped without any broken windows. Across the river from where I live entire cars were destroyed. I saw a brand new Laguna Seca Blue Mustang that looked like it was beaten with a sledge hammer.

Comment

everything in ringgold is leveled almost. you cant get really near the town without walking. I called everyone last night and made sure they were ok and then proceeded to make my way toward the chevy dealership were my accord was sitting to see if it was still there. it damaged the front of the dealership but didnt touch the body shop or the cars out back, my bumpers were in the road but otherwise unharmed. It is really bad down here, ethan went to cut down some trees on a street that got hit really hard, he said there were bodies in the trees and laying in the fields. 7 fatalities was the last count in ringgold this morning.

Comment

Yeah, NJ is barely considered Northeast!

We got some wicked thunderstorms and a few minor floods, but nothing crazy.

I feel for those that were injured or lost loved ones. I hope nobody on here suffered too badly!

Comment

Been helping out all night and day today just got back home. Running on 3 hours of sleep. My friend has half a day care center in his backyard, I wish I could get pics.... Il get them from my gf.

Tuscaloosa, Cullman, Fultondale and parts of birmingham are flattened.

Death tole in Alabama up to 149
                        -Will

Comment

I figured with the support this site has shown in the past that it would be a good idea to post this up. Mike Zusin, a well respected guy in the Honda scene that runs Track One in Nashville, TN, is taking donations for an aid trip he is making down to Alabama. He's already up to over $700 to help out, which just goes to show how much people have already been willing to give.

Everyone please share the post on my facebook page and the Track One page to help spread the word to help Alabama...I'm headed down there Saturday and any money donated goes towards bottled water and supplies that I will be bringing down there. Already over $100 has been donated towards supplies since I posted up an hour ago...Thank you! Paypal address is Track.One@live.com
                          So, if you feel it in your heart to help out a bit, just drop some money to his PayPal account. Mike's a genuine guy and the people of Alabama really deserve as much help as they can get right now.

Comment

I'm glad to see that all of you came out of that ugly situation unharmed. I feared the worst about my parents seeing how there's a big ass tree in the backyard that could've taken out their house if it fell. Other than losing power, they made it okay. George, those pictures are crazy for the fact unseen forces caused it. Wishing everyone in the SE the best of luck.
                            [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

More coming hold on
                              -Will

Comment

Working...
                              X