Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferred computer parts to new tower, now BSOD 0x050

WTF???

After the transfer, I turned on the computer and after the main bios screen, it goes to a black screen and says "loading operating system". And it just freezes there. So I restate and boot off the windows 7 disk. It loads up, but before I can do anything I get the blue screen. What the hell did I do? I've done so many builds and transfers and I've never had a problem until now.

that error is often related to RAM but could also be (rarely) a badly seated CPU or graphics card. double check all your seatings and try booting with different combinations of RAM.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Depends what parts you carried over to your new tower. I can tell you this, if you have a new motherboard and your running your old Windows from your old motherboard it WILL BSOD. If you could tell us what parts you transferred then we could help you a bit more!
      Current:
      2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
      1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
      1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
        Depends what parts you carried over to your new tower. I can tell you this, if you have a new motherboard and your running your old Windows from your old motherboard it WILL BSOD. If you could tell us what parts you transferred then we could help you a bit more!
        Not necessarily. I've done that a few times. It doesn't work quite right, but it'll work. I'm leaning towards and improperly seated chip of connector.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
          Not necessarily. I've done that a few times. It doesn't work quite right, but it'll work. I'm leaning towards and improperly seated chip of connector.
          Yep, improperly seated components it sounds like to me as well.
          Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
          D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
          ┴─┴
          ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

I tried reseating everything, CPU/videocard/memory, and nothing changed. Now after running memtest, this happened.

Comment

Usually when that happens the memory controller on the motherboard is dieing or dead. It's still possible your RAM could be bad, if it was bad Memtest should of showed you the error in red. Personally I would try getting other compatible RAM from a working system and test it out. Also if you could reinstall Windows and try it, or make a partition just for testing and put Windows on there. If that doesn't work it's most likely your motherboard memory controller. And if it's that, well it's not good.

Also reset your BIOS to OEM and do not any any type of overclocking for testing purposes.
              Current:
              2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
              1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
              1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

I already reset the bios.

And I can't reinstall windows. I tried putting the w7 disk in and it loads all the files, durin the windows splash screen it freezes. I never have a chance to install windows or anything.

I have no idea what all those codes mean, but it also says zero errors, sonic confused.

Anyways, does memtest error out on anything else? Or is it always memory related.

Comment

got a spare hard drive, load windows onto the spare one to see if the issue still exists to see if its something with the existing installation from your old computer.

Yea I seen bad ram do that to.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                    got a spare hard drive, load windows onto the spare one to see if the issue still exists to see if its something with the existing installation from your old computer.

Yea I seen bad ram do that to.
                    Bad memory can cause it to have the unexpected interrupt yet have zero errors?

Btw, I'm running the memory sticks individually, and so far, no stoppages.

Comment

So running the memory individually, nothing happens in memtest. I out both of them back in, and this time, nothing happens.

I put the windows disk in, it starts loading, the "windows is loading files". Then "starting windows" splash screen pops up and it freezes jus as the spiral of colors for the windows logo begins. And this happens every time.

Comment

Remove/unplug everything that isn't necessary:
                        Card readers, cd drive/floppy drive, video card, etc

Then try and start it up, and see how that goes.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Hmm, given what you've described it just could be your luck that ESD is the culprit. They tell you to wear a grounded wrist strap for a reason. It's about the only logical explanation for what's happening to your pc.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket View Post
                            Hmm, given what you've described it just could be your luck that ESD is the culprit. They tell you to wear a grounded wrist strap for a reason. It's about the only logical explanation for what's happening to your pc.
                            shit!

iv never worn a strap. guess my luck ran out.

given the errors im getting, did static affect the memory sticks?

i have a 790xta-ud4(am3/ddr3) board. i dont have any other sticks to check with, so im going to try my inlaws ddr2... not sure if its compatible though.

given the errors im getting, and from what ive been suggested... its probably the ram sticks or onboard memory controller. is there a way to tell which it might be?

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
                              i have a 790xta-ud4(am3/ddr3) board. i dont have any other sticks to check with, so im going to try my inlaws ddr2... not sure if its compatible though.

given the errors im getting, and from what ive been suggested... its probably the ram sticks or onboard memory controller. is there a way to tell which it might be?
                              You won't be able to use the DDR2 in your DDR3 system. Incompatible.
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X