Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Rant* I'm going to introduce my brother to the real world...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Rant* I'm going to introduce my brother to the real world...

He's been this little emo twat all weekend long and frankly i'm sick of it. I pay for his cell phone, his xbox, his internet. I ask for a little help with a task and then he makes a post on FB about how it is ironic that someone is asking him to grow up when they need to also; I saw that as a direct attack at me. So i'm thinking about going to his room and just taking everything back. As a matter in fact, my mom asked for 50 bucks to buy him his futon that he is sleeping on. I think i'm going to take the legs off it or the cushions because technically they belong to me.

Since he wants to go find a job, by all means. He can buy back his computer, xbox360, get his own cell phone or whatever it is he wants because that's his money. When he borrows money from me, i'm expecting him to help out with the house not be a whiney bitch.

Actually i'm thinking about letting him find his own mode of transportation from school to home. I don't see why i have to waste my gas driving back and forth to get him, he's not my kid. I had to walk both ways when i was his age, through rain, snow and fog. He even gets lunch money from my mom which comes out to be about 25 bucks a week. I didn't get diddly squat, as a matter in fact i didn't even the option to pack my lunch back then.

He also said that he would love to dissapear from this place, wow really? That kid has it so freaking easy yet he has to make it all difficult. He doesn't do the dishes, feed the dogs, take out the trash or anything to help the family. All he does is go to school and then come home to play on the xbox. I wonder what he will do if he wakes up to find out he doesn't have a computer, xbox, or a cell phone?
    For the past few months he has been bitching that he needs new contacts, so on friday, i drove him to the eye doctors. All he had to do i was run in and grab the prescription slip for the contacts. I couldn't even get him to walk in for two minutes and grab the slip. That is all he had to do was walk in and ask for it because i had already phoned them early and requested one. What was his reason for not getting out of the car? "I'm busy eating sunflower seeds." wtf.

I'm not going to hit him unless he attacks me first and he better put me down first because the gloves will come off. My mother won't do anything, our oldest brother is too far away, and i'm not even going to say about the father. If his little butt buddies want to brawl, bring it. I'm not afraid of a bunch of little kids living in the suburbs.

Anyone got anything to say in response? serious answers only please.

I forgot to say that any attempt in getting an answer out of him about WTF is up his ass results in an "ionooo" or some other stupid reply with no chance of you learning anything new.
    Last edited by Leung; 03-13-2011, 12:05 PM.

Damm your brother has his life made easy. Show him reality man. Take stuff away from him. And when you pulled up like that next to the eye doctors and he didnt want to get out, you should of just drove home. And if he starts to bitch, stop in the middle of the road and tell him to walk to the doctors now.

He wants to run away? And what is he gonna do, sit home and play xbox all day? People will kick him out of their house if he goes to live with friends. And he wont get a apartment because his to lazy to get a job.

Your brother is pathetic im sorry, tell him to read the responses that people are gonna post here, maybe his slow mind will hit reality quick.

You got it made man! Love it now, it wont be like this forever!
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Absolutely agree with you. Just a couple of points:
      Make sure everything is paid for by you. From what you said all the electronics are yours, but what about the car insurance? Gas? These are things I have to worry about. If you start stepping up and those things are still paid for by your mom then she may try to kick you out. Happens a lot to me. The rest of my family wonders what happened to my sister(Alternative high school, doesn't want to go college, LOTs of weed).

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
      He wants to run away? And what is he gonna do, sit home and play xbox all day? People will kick him out of their house if he goes to live with friends. And he wont get a apartment because his to lazy to get a job.
      Not to make this entire thing about my sister, but that may not work. When my mom started turning up the heat she left and stayed with a friend. In this case that sounds like a good thing. If that occurs, make sure everything is cut. Stop paying for his car insurance (Not applicable), cut the cell phone. Keep the electronics. Once he wants to move back in (likely), demand an apology and determine how things will be different.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Well the situation just got serious. I ask for the phone and my Ipod back and then he asked why i was making a big deal out of it. I told him it was because i paid for the items and I'm allowing him to use it and now i want it back, no contracts what so ever.

He threw the ipod at my sister and hit her in the head, he didn't leave the phone so i chased him outside asking him where the phone was. A bad decision i made was i chased him outside with a peeler in my hand because i was just peeling carrots. It's not a real knife because the outer edge is blunt, just the inside area was sharp, but anyone driving by would have seen me screaming with what looked like a knife that was thrown to the ground. He also threw the phone out the window of his friend's car as they leave.
        That goes to show you how much he respects things.

Well if the cops show up here because of nosey neighbors and i end up in jail. you guys know what happened, i got arrested for having a carrot peeler. I'm sure they are going to go back to his friends house down the street and then his friend is going to tell his dad who is a park ranger.
        I'm not afraid of a park ranger because
        1) i'm on my property
        2) i didn't poach anything

but if he decides to call the cops because of a domestic situation, i could have problems. If his friends dad shows up, i'll ask him kindly to remove himself before i call the cops.

I should remind him that he is still a minor at the age of 17. If he doesn't like the rules imposed on him here, he can sit in some kind of holding place for juveniles until he is 18 then he can go do whatever he wants. Actually i'll let my mom deal with him because i'm done.

No it's my car, the insurance is paid by me. Yeah the electronics are paid by me all in cash except for the phone, verizon can confirm that.

In honesty, i'm only mad because I got stuck doing a job that he said he would do last week. I was suppose to be on a road trip with my friend this weekend but i had this side job that pays cash to stock pretzels on the shelf at a store on sundays. Since i was suppose to be out of town this weekend, my brother said he would do the store if i let him keep all the money, sure. So that's what i tell the guy, earlier in the week, that pays me to stock the shelves, was that my brother would be doing it this weekend.

Now that i am not going out of town, i told my brother yesterday, that i would now help him in the morning and he can still keep all the money. Come this morning, i go to wake him up, he says he doesn't want to do it anymore. I'm pissed because if he didn't want to do it, it would have been nice if would have told me last night or earlier.

So i'm thinking, since it's only twenty bucks a week and it's not really worth my time anymore, i'm going to tell the guy that i'm going to quit unless he has more business for me to wake up that early on sundays.

ugh...
        Last edited by Leung; 03-13-2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          Well the situation just got serious. I ask for the phone and my Ipod back and then he asked why i was making a big deal out of it. I told him it was because i paid for the items and I'm allowing him to use it and now i want it back, no contracts what so ever.

He threw the ipod at my sister and hit her in the head, he didn't leave the phone so i chased him outside asking him where the phone was. A bad decision i made was i chased him outside with a peeler in my hand because i was just peeling carrots. It's not a real knife because the outer edge is blunt, just the inside area was sharp, but anyone driving by would have seen me screaming with what looked like a knife that was thrown to the ground. He also threw the phone out the window of his friend's car as they leave.
          That goes to show you how much he respects things.

Well if the cops show up here because of nosey neighbors and i end up in jail. you guys know what happened, i got arrested for having a carrot peeler.

I should remind him that he is still a minor at the age of 17. If he doesn't like the rules imposed on him here, he can sit in some kind of holding place for juveniles until he is 18 then he can go do whatever he wants.

No it's my car, the insurance is paid by me. Yeah the electronics are paid by me all in cash except for the phone, verizon can confirm that.

In honesty, i'm only mad because I got stuck doing a job that he said he would do last week. I was suppose to be on a road trip with my friend this weekend but i had this side job that pays cash to stock pretzels on the shelf at a store on sundays. Since i was suppose to be out of town this weekend, my brother said he would do the store if i let him keep all the money, sure. So that's what i tell the guy, earlier in the week, that pays me to stock the shelves, was that my brother would be doing it this weekend.

Now that i am not going out of town, i told my brother yesterday, that i would now help him in the morning and he can still keep all the money. Come this morning, i go to wake him up, he says he doesn't want to do it anymore. I'm pissed because if he didn't want to do it, it would have been nice if would have told me last night or earlier.

So i'm thinking, since it's only twenty bucks a week and it's not really worth my time anymore, i'm going to tell the guy that i'm going to quit unless he has more business for me to wake up that early on sundays.

ugh...
          Extra money is extra money. I'd just ask him for more hours and tell him you're thinking about looking for more work.

Did anyone see you with the peeler? If anything just deny everything. It'll be your word against his and he's the moody teen.

I'm not sure about the laws in Ohio(?) but in Michigan you can get kicked out at 17. Appeal to your mom with the actions of today and see what she says. Don't go in blind either. When I want something done I'll usually sit down and compose a letter. After I've worked out the wording and evidence I'll memorize it and go talk to her. Use lots of shock value. If necessary compare the actions of today to the drama shows on MTV. Tell her your brother needs to immediately shape up or leave, as you don't want that kind of trash around there.

If you're really upset, and the iPod is broken, go file a police report. Take your sister with you, especially if she has a bruise. DO NOT go to the friends house with out the police. No offense, but your brother sounds like a bitch and will probably call the cops on you.

Keep in mind, if you follow my advice you will likely go down an unrecoverable path with your brother. If this is the beginning of his outbursts try to sit down and talk, see if you can talk some sense into him. Use the method above of preparing an argument on the computer.

Good luck
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I'm 29 he's 17, i've tried many things and i can't get kicked out of here... i know i'm a loser. Mother won't kick any of us out. I've talked to my mother but she doesn't want me moving out either, ugh.

When he comes home he can apologize but if he doesn't, i'll just give him the silent treatment for a few days because i have bigger fish to fry.

I just called the guy and told him that I'm going to take a break for a while until he can get me more business, he seemed like he was cool with it.

I'm sure someone saw me with the peeler because i live on a main street that sees a decent amount of traffic. I'm not going to lie, i had a peeler in my hand. Think what you may of me i may be asian but i seemed to have picked up some hill billy tendencies.
            Last edited by Leung; 03-13-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

take everything away.
              cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                Think what you may of me i may be asian but i seemed to have picked up some hill billy tendencies.
                You live in Ohio on the border of Kentucky, I don't blame you bro.

Comment

i didnt read anything past the first paragraph.

stop paying for his shit.

read the rest of it.

stop paying for his shit. kid needs to grow up a bit.
                  Last edited by texasvtak; 03-13-2011, 07:32 PM.
                  To-Do List for Today
                  Be Awesome

Comment

If you don't re-enforce the fact that he needs to take responsibility for himself, he'll continue to take advantage and use you. You're 29? Since explaining to him that acting like a punk @ 17 is the most selfish thing anyone can do won't work- probably time for the harder lessons to begin. If he doesn't learn now, he either never will, or will the hard way- and most times that's the way it goes anyway.

life is good.

Comment

Being about 60% of the person he is i am to offer up some advice to not make this a bloody mess lol

Im pretty much a bum i sit around and play xbox all the time too, the only difference is at the slightest bit of money to earn i will jump on that shit ASAP. I used to have a job but it was a tempoary position and i was let go

Anyways taking away his shit will only result in " loldude i hate you ill go figure out somthing else to do "

In reality the best way to deal with it is

" hey bro, you need to do this and this or else im taking this away "

And when he dosen't do it, take it away and just lay down the law like it is

don't fuck around just say

" this is X if X dosen't happen then Y goes away " and follow it exactly

I mean if that was told to me i would get my ass up and go do it although i didn't want too, then sit my ass back down being a bum lol.

The fact that he dosen't want to earn money though is kinda strange? Who dosen't want money?

Comment

Im not going to give a crap what he does from now on. He is on his own bc im tired of helping him out. I tried to help him out bc I know its tough growing up. I didn't have the things handed to me when I was younger. Im sure a lot of you guys had it a little rough too. He will be 18 in a few months so he can go f up his life if he wants. I tried putting him on a decent path but if that's not his style then so be it. Honestly if he decides to drop out of high school, its none of my business.

He wants a job but bc no one wants to hire him for being young. I got that gig that pays cash bc it'd just on weekends for a few hours. Something simple plus I could teach him to drive early in the morning also. I guess I don't have to teach him anymore.
                        Last edited by Leung; 03-13-2011, 08:21 PM.

Comment

even though he's your family...your not responsible for what he does.. like the old saying goes "you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink it".

cut him off from everything he has that you supplied him with...give him some ultimatums such as "you can have your phone back...but your dropping the emo attitude...first sign of it comming back...bye bye phone"
                          ..[CB7][STAR]..
                          MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Thats a good idea.

Comment

Leung, you're a stronger man than I am.

I'd have choked his ass out by now.

Good luck man, hope he wakes up before it's too late.
                              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                              Disregard females, acquire currency
                              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
                              X