I'm on my 4th agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on my 4th agent

Sucks that I have to go through 4 different real estate agents within 2 months

First one was pushy as hell. If you are selling people houses, don't expect your clients to buy from you after seeing a few houses

Second one drove a shitbox. Call me shallow but if I'm going to be giving you thousands of dollars to drive me to see houses do so in a presentable car

Third one was also pushy but not like the first one. And if you are selling people houses, sell them houses they want. Show listings that have their requested criteria

Fourth one which happened tonight. When I give you a week's notice on scheduling 2 house showing I found myself, make sure to contact the house owners and give adequate time. Don't call on the night before expecting it will be okay only to call me an hour later when I specifically told you I have work and calls are for emergencies only.

Am I expecting too much? I mean buying a house will be the largest purchase I make

I feel bad for the second one

He could have been a good guy and sold you the house you want but you didn't even give him a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
      First one was pushy as hell. If you are selling people houses, don't expect your clients to buy from you after seeing a few houses

Third one was also pushy but not like the first one. And if you are selling people houses, sell them houses they want. Show listings that have their requested criteria
      Those two must also sell cars in Tennessee on the weekends.

And no, you're not expecting too much.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
        Those two must also sell cars in Tennessee on the weekends.

And no, you're not expecting too much.
        Is that what they do in Tennessee?

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        I feel bad for the second one

He could have been a good guy and sold you the house you want but you didn't even give him a chance.
        Most of the listings the agents get are from the MLS database which 95% of agents have access to in their database

Be professional and look professional. I want to buy from someone that is successful and can show me they know how to take care of things. Being in your 40's driving a crapbox shows me the opposite

Comment

What if it's a CB7?
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Agents make FAT commission.
            Demand they work for their pay.
            You do.

I have personal friends in real estate, and you are not expecting too much.

And, if you cannot find an agent that is actually working FOR you, work for yourself, and save the cost of that commission off your purchase.
            Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

I say source out your own house and then call the real estate to go look at it. instead of hiring a agent. My parents never got a agent and we found a decent house that needed lots of work. but with the help of family and friends our house is pretty much 85% remodeled and worth twice as much as we bought it for. and its decent to live here, i mean ive been in this house since 1996

but if you cant. then what your expecting is what you should be. people in the real estate show their work. if they cant sell houses: they drive crappy cars, screw up their schedule and are pushy because they want that money. a professional will take months to find you the right place to settle in.
              Last edited by quickangel93; 03-07-2011, 12:06 AM.
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Be professional and look professional. I want to buy from someone that is successful and can show me they know how to take care of things. Being in your 40's driving a crapbox shows me the opposite
                What kind of car was it? ... I am not fooled into thinking a person driving a new BMW compared to a person driving say a 8 year old Camry would be anymore successful...

I worked for someone long term that had a 1998 Camry... Multimillionaire and a 1.5 million dollar house...

Comment

Is that what they do in Tennessee?
                  If you mean do they sell houses and cars, I don't know. I'm sure there is someone who does.
                  If you mean if the guys I spoke to about cars over the weekend were pushy and didn't listen to my wants/needs, yes.

1999 BMW M3
                  2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                  2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                  2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I think your reasons are more than justifiable.

We are trying to sell our house right now too.

The part that bugs me, is that the realtor my landlord bought the house from 3 years ago, is the same one that is going to list it for us. This house was in disgusting, terrible shape when my landlord purchased it. He's spent over $35 000 in renovations and remodelling, and the realtor comes in the other day for an assessment and goes;

"change this, move that, do this, paint this and that, take this down, replace all of this, spend a shit load more money."

I disagree with the majority of it. Yes, there are some things that should be updated, like lighting fixtures, which we've just done, but I don't agree with the rest, seeing how this house looking brand new compared to when it was purchased.

But I dunno, I just don't care about houses and decorating as much as I do automotive stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                      What kind of car was it? ... I am not fooled into thinking a person driving a new BMW compared to a person driving say a 8 year old Camry would be anymore successful...

I worked for someone long term that had a 1998 Camry... Multimillionaire and a 1.5 million dollar house...
                      It was a second generation Dodge Caravan with a rear bearing in need of replacement as well as the belts. The heat does not work, it was fun looking at houses in 20 degree weather in that thing. The rear shocks did not work so we were bouncing a lot. The exhaust has a hole in it thus the loud sound.

More chance of a richer person driving a new BMW than a poorer person. There are exceptions to those cases and I understand. When you go out to eat with food and price being equal, would you go to the one that is cleaner and have the better working tools?

Call it an incentive, real estate agents get the same percentage commission. Only difference is their car and their research material, all of which I've done myself.

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                      What if it's a CB7?
                      CB7 are a-ok with me. If it is modded, that is a plus.

Originally posted by LadyG94CB7 View Post
                      Agents make FAT commission.
                      Demand they work for their pay.
                      You do.

I have personal friends in real estate, and you are not expecting too much.

And, if you cannot find an agent that is actually working FOR you, work for yourself, and save the cost of that commission off your purchase.
                      I might end up closing the house myself, I'm just a bit iffy with the contracts and the legal end of things.

Comment

Working...
                      X