Anger/stress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anger/stress

Why do people say it is bad to keep in your anger? I am the type of guy that does that. I never show my anger or any other emotion. I usually just go to my room and go to sleep. Lately though I have found myself being more and more angry due to school, my lazy ass sisters making my mom do everything, being hated by my family for no apparent reason and my step mom using my father for his money and him not even noticing it!

/rant.

Anyway what are some good ways to relieve anger? I have tried working out and it works great but obviously while I'm out in public I'm not gonna lay down and do situps or pushups.

People say that it's bad to hold it in because most of the time it'll build up and when you finally do show it you explode. As far as me getting mad I normally try to work on my car or go running or something. Anything I can to take my mind off of it.

Comment

Be a bamf and do what comes naturally!
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
        Anyway what are some good ways to relieve anger?
        When I'm angry, I yell on the internet.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
          People say that it's bad to hold it in because most of the time it'll build up and when you finally do show it you explode. As far as me getting mad I normally try to work on my car or go running or something. Anything I can to take my mind off of it.
          Working on my car would be the best way to get rid of it until I freeze my ass off outside! I feel bad for anyone around if/when I do explode from anger.

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
            Working on my car would be the best way to get rid of it until I freeze my ass off outside! I feel bad for anyone around if/when I do explode from anger.
            It's probably best to go stock up on guns.
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
              So a guy is asking a genuine question about how to deal with his anger in more of a positive/less destructive way and you tell him to stock up on guns?

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                Not the violent type unless it is necessary. Rather rid myself of anger legally than do something that will end my locked up.

Comment

dont hold it in, or youll explode & do something worse

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

i try to find something to punch. I used to work out my anger on the car but i found that i started rounded off bolts and breaking something.

One of my friends is a coke merchandiser at the stores, he found that if he got in a whole pallet of 12 packs, he'd take the plastic wrap off of one pallet and balled it up it cushions his punchs really well.

Comment

The best way to vent anger are non-violent, non-destructive ways. Acting on your anger (either aimed at the source, or at something totally unrelated) will only fuel the anger. It will grow, and become a habit. Practically an addiction.

When life stress gets to you, the best thing to do is reposition yourself to correct the issue, or remove yourself from the situation. If that is not a possibility, then put that energy into something positive. Music, cars, sports, etc...

Stress can cause very real physical harm to your body. Aside from strain on the heart, brain, and the overall circulatory system due to raised blood pressure, excessive stress also increases the release of harmful chemicals in the body.

Comment

this one is easy, dont get angry....avoid getting angry, find solutions.

voice your opinion and back your opinions. DO what you like in life. It's your life. Dont be afraid to get into fights but always pick your fights because for an action, there's a reaction. Life's too short to be angry bro. One of my buddies owes me 600 dollars and while it's a lot of money, im not angry at him because Ill just find another way of getting it. It is too much stress to be worrying about that and I should spend that time to focus on getting money.

Plus if i really cared, id just beat his ass really bad but it still wouldnt get my money and id probably be in jail for assault.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

drive.

This is the main reason I got into cars. I do it all the time, if I am doing homework or working on something frustrating, I get in my car, find a deserted road and drive!

Working on cars is fine, but unless its a nice upgrade just fixing something can be stressful too.

I work on cars with a few different people on a few different projects, but I have noticed that a lot of them forget why they are working on them, or are working on them for a different reason than I am.

I did my upgrades because I want them to drive on, not to post a dyno graph, or to pop my hood and have people say wow man thats pretty. Those are both nice things to have, but if my car drove like shit I would not be pleased.

If driving doesn't float your boat find something else, but doing something seems to almost always be better than doing nothing, even if what your doing has nothing to do with the reason you got angry in the first place.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

You know, you're onto a good plan with just going to sleep. I get angry sometimes, and I just want to be left alone to deal with it so that I don't take my aggression out on people around me who don't deserve it. I'll go to bed, have some time to reflect on the situation, and eventually fall asleep and wake up refreshed.

Video games are an outlet too. I can play something like Grand Theft Auto, just so I can go around and wreck stuff and feel better about it.

I've tried the going for a drive thing....it doesn't work for me. I drive too aggressively and my road rage really comes out.

Working on a car will frustrate me. I'm already angry, so when I start to run into issues with the job, it irritates me further. I literally turn into Rage Guy. Fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

I'm the same as OP. I bottle my emotions. I do vent on here from time to time. Sitting down, thinking about the situation and writing it out in a venting post really seems to help me. Whether anyone reads it or not, doesn't matter. I get he relief from writing it out.

Comment

you play any sports? channel your anger into your sports, for instance i play lacrosse, and like you, i bottle everything up, but once i step into that lacrosse box and play...any player wearing opposing colours is a target to hit/fight. as long as you can channel your anger properly your fine, ill never strike a random person on a street or a friend....but put me in a lacrosse box and its a whole different story....i keep my anger bottled up until i step off the bench and onto the floor of the box.
                              ..[CB7][STAR]..
                              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Working...
                              X