No announcement yet.

getting a smart phone, have no clue what to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya my friend and his wife have the Incredible.....and they love them.

They both got Android powered devices at the same time and i told them it would be an easy transition and they couldn't be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
      ok, it looks like i'm going to be getting a droid X (parents plan, same thing my mom got), but my contract doesnt expire until may so it looks like i have to wait until then to get by birthday present. i like my phone, but its starting to die and i want some pocket candy!
      I have the droid x and I love it great phone
      Click Here To Check Out My Ride
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137030

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        Ya my friend and his wife have the Incredible.....and they love them.

They both got Android powered devices at the same time and i told them it would be an easy transition and they couldn't be happier.
        yup everybody who has one only says good things, other phones are "good" but people generally have minor complaints. i feel like the Incredible is one of the smoother alternatives to the iphone, yet still meeting the same demographic but taking advantage of the benefits of android. its also nice and small, thin in your pocket - something some of the other heavy droids (x) cant compare with.

plus, nowadays they are on the cheaper end, since theyve been out for a lil while... which also means they arent the fastest, either... but for general usage for most people, its plenty.
        Last edited by cp[mike]; 02-25-2011, 02:46 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
          yup everybody who has one only says good things, other phones are "good" but people generally have minor complaints. i feel like the Incredible is one of the smoother alternatives to the iphone, yet still meeting the same demographic but taking advantage of the benefits of android. its also nice and small, thin in your pocket - something some of the other heavy droids (x) cant compare with.

plus, nowadays they are on the cheaper end, since theyve been out for a lil while... which also means they arent the fastest, either... but for general usage for most people, its plenty.
          Ya thats why im completely happy with my droid2.

It has a 1Ghz processor, which is the fastest ive had myself yet.

It has 2.2., which im loving the aps2sd.

Full qwerty keyboard, which isn't bad if i may say so.

It isn't as thin as the Incredible, but it is not to shabby.

Its comparable to my wifes iPhone4.

Comment

I don't know who you have right now as a provider but i just received an email ad from Circuit City and they are giving away Droid Xs for Verizon and something else for Sprint.

If you'd like to see the ad, just PM me your email addy and i'll forward it to you.

There are other phones too it's not limited to that Droid X. I swore there were a bunch of HTC phones and a few Samsungs.

Comment

My wife and I, minus the wifi card for her laptop, were paying roughly $150 with 2 Eris', 2 unlimited data plans and, i think, like 700 minutes. That's about my old Tmo bill used to be for 2 non-smart phones and 1000 minutes, so i guess it evens out.

And Mike(warrior) I completely hear ya man, prices are outrageous. But on the flipside, think about it though; these things are damn near miniature laptops. Decent laptops go for about $700 so a $400 or $500 phone isnt far off. Id love to have the latest and greatest but i have absolutely no problem staying 1 or 2 steps behind the curve. Like my next phone may be an incredible. Id like the fascinate but the incredible will do just fine. Hell, itll be a step up from my Eris, i know that.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                Yes it does, i have it.

Its called 3g Hotspot...but you have to have a data plan and pay an extra 15 for the hotspot service....unless your phone is rooted.
                yeah it's kind of lame that i had to pay an extra 10 bucks because i wanted a slider phone. i forget what it is even but all i use it for texting and talking.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                  IF I had the fascinate Id be tempted to watch movies and videos though, lol.
                  My fascinate battery sucks, but I'm on the phone almost all day when I'm at work. I usually get about 6 hours before the phone says I need to plug it in. The video on it is amazing though. I usually watch movies when traveling, so I don't get bored.

Comment

The Incredible's battery sucks. My friend has one, and the 8MP camera isn't that great, the 5MP on my BB takes way clearer pictures.
                    wat?

Comment

Working...
                    X