Redlight cameras are BS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by choogee3 View Post
    That was the epic race between the GTR and the Bullet Train in Japan.

A clear picture of the driver was needed to issue a ticket. Clarkson made a Bill Oddie mask to avoid this
    That was only in Japan though.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

i don't know if you guys know this but eight states have banned the cameras and twenty-three states have yet to adopt them...alot of cops are also against this because it's also taking away from there own "cop work" i was listening to a show that had a whole hour segment towards this...i think it also can provoke traffic because some ppl tend to be more tense or so when approaching them and as soon as they see yellow they slam there brakes..

Lou's Build Thread!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
      "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

Ask for the photo.

Its not seen as offensive asking for one, and occasionally it can clarify a misunderstanding.
        (At least that's how it is here)

If you have a clear picture with your brakes locked, heaps of snow, and no chance of stopping safely . . .
        Then more than likely they will help you out.

The computer/person that sends you the ticket only looks at the # plate of the car, not the conditions/situation/other cars etc.

I know plenty of genuine people (victims) that have gotten off speeding tickets for being falsely photographed.
        The only way they found out was by asking for the photo, and then seeing a blurry car in the background that was clearly traveling faster than them.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post
          ha, when its snowing and the weather is bad out, I just pretend like there are no rules, lol. I was driving my mom to work, and I did something illegal and shes like, what are you doing? I say, What? you didnt know? The rules dont apply when its snowing here.
          The rules always apply. Especially in inclement weather.

Whether you're joking or not, from previous posts of yours I have read about your driving habits, you sound like one of the most irresponsible and dangerous drivers to share the road with.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post
            ha, when its snowing and the weather is bad out, I just pretend like there are no rules, lol. I was driving my mom to work, and I did something illegal and shes like, what are you doing? I say, What? you didnt know? The rules dont apply when its snowing here.
            wow remind me not to drive near you... ever lol

you got lucky Deeve... i ran a bullshit light here in San Diego, its two back to back lights, i was half way through the 1/2 car length intersection and the second light turned red so i gunned it, the cop impounded my car, because he had "probable cause" and it was "too late" i had to pay $1000 to get her out, $65 to get my license back, and $450 for the damn ticket...
            Originally posted by scudweiser
            it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
            Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

same situation except i was waiting in the middle of the road til i had enough room where i was going.
              orange for literally one second and the camera shot me and the person behind me.
              suprisingly got no ticket though.
              it shouldn't be counted as running a red if your already mid way through the turn.
              would have been stung with $318

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                Ask for the photo.

Its not seen as offensive asking for one, and occasionally it can clarify a misunderstanding.
                (At least that's how it is here)

If you have a clear picture with your brakes locked, heaps of snow, and no chance of stopping safely . . .
                Then more than likely they will help you out.

The computer/person that sends you the ticket only looks at the # plate of the car, not the conditions/situation/other cars etc.

I know plenty of genuine people (victims) that have gotten off speeding tickets for being falsely photographed.
                The only way they found out was by asking for the photo, and then seeing a blurry car in the background that was clearly traveling faster than them.
                the problem with that is, if flash was used in the photo(it generally is) there isnt any blurriness. flash freezes motion, and makes both cars look as if they were going the same speed.

not to mention blur could mean that the car that isnt blurry is passing the blurry one.
                Last edited by J-specCb4; 02-01-2011, 11:08 AM.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                The Chronicles.

Comment

Yeah, the printout they sent me had two pictures... me at the line, and me in the intersection. It was snowing, so I had my lights on... it's difficult to tell with my lights on, the flash, and the quality of the picture if the brakes were even on. Actually, by the time the picture was taken, the brakes were probably off. I was braking as I approached, and slid... rather than lose control of the slide, I chose to maintain control and keep driving.

Whatever. It sucks, but I can't argue with a camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                    Run red lights often?
                    Actually no but we all have times when it isn't easy to stop without locking up.

If its red I stop. I find I hit yellows more often and id like to know my odds of getting a ticket.

It alerts you a few hundred ft before the light so your prepared to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Yeah, the printout they sent me had two pictures... me at the line, and me in the intersection. It was snowing, so I had my lights on... it's difficult to tell with my lights on, the flash, and the quality of the picture if the brakes were even on. Actually, by the time the picture was taken, the brakes were probably off. I was braking as I approached, and slid... rather than lose control of the slide, I chose to maintain control and keep driving.

Whatever. It sucks, but I can't argue with a camera.
                      Another thing when they send you the ticket some of them dont send it in color so its hard to tell. What i do if I know im going to hit the red I drift sideways if I have enough room to have the camera catch the side of the car but not the front.

Comment

i've tried this before, hair spray, specially the mexican special (aqua net) will overexpose your plates to flash, unless they have face recognition you can get away, yes i was bored and my friend said he would front the ticket if i got one so we sprayed about 6 layers with 15 minutes in between layer, it has been over 6 months and i haven't seen any ticket.

also im i the only one thats been snapped while BEHIND the damn line? i didnt get a ticket but the camera flashed me while i was waiting for my turn signal, and i was the only car on the road i was like wtf? happened twice already
                        Originally posted by scudweiser
                        it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                        Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Iv'e seen people around my ran lights with short streets. there is one camera at the intersection, and another one on a short street just right under the bridge. He ran both of them thinking that he made it, and I bet when he gets it in the mail fuckin double whammy.

Comment

Also be warned sometimes they have certain camera lights that go off because they arent properly calibrated.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                              Iv'e seen people around my ran lights with short streets. there is one camera at the intersection, and another one on a short street just right under the bridge. He ran both of them thinking that he made it, and I bet when he gets it in the mail fuckin double whammy.
                              What did you just say?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                                What did you just say?
                                Translation=

His boy ran a light near a bridge where the streets are short. He did it twice so hes going to get fucked twice.

In NYC the Avenues are long and the # streets are short

Comment

Working...
                                X