so i notice......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
    Why because i mentioned which phone i have?

Does that bother you?

Is it not ok for me to be happy with my phone?
    Your post just reminded me of the commercial thats all...

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
      so your grammar and your spelling has been correct on every thread and reply you've posted?
      I have never seen a post from him that was incoherent or unreadable...

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
        write out any number up to 100.
        I'm not spelling/writing or typing out "ninety-nine percent". ESPECIALLY when Im on my phone. Eff that.

My current phone and almost every phone Ive had in the past 5 years have all had either T9 or spellcheck. My current phone is the first smartphone thats had the ability to surf the web. Ive made, maybe, 2 or 3 posts from it. Otherwise, Im on a computer. I like to think my grammar, and punctuation are pretty good. I know I skip apostrophes quite often. Sue me.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I can remember my 5th grade teacher telling us of the ducks and english.

You don't need to know proper english to understand the ducks, but it helps.

Guy 1: M R ducks! (them are ducks!)
          Guy 2: M R Not. (Them are not)
          Guy 1: O S A R! C D E D B D wings? M R Ducks! (Oh yes they are! See the itty bitty wings? Them are ducks!)

Just because it could make sense, doesn't mean we should all type like morons outside of the realm of simple spelling and grammar mistakes.

That's all I got.
          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

^^^

I still like the fact that the letters dont even have to be in order for us to read it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

simplified TXT writing bugs me a lot, and its a shame its spilling into the rest of the internet. i write out just about every word fully with the intention of correctness, but sometimes the tiny keys on my phone its easy to hit an extra one (or not fully press one) without even realizing and youre already a few words down the line... at that point going back to fix it is pointless. but that is just a typo, not a dumbing of the language! one thing that i dont care to use 100% are capitals and punctuation but most phones autocorrect that crap so its moot. actually you can tell where i am posting from depending whether or not i use caps :P

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I dont mind missing/adding a rogue letter, as thats easy to get around.

My thing isnt even simplified text , it's the "stupid" text. Wen ppl typ lyk dis n xpekt ppl 2 kno wat da mean.

I cant stand that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                  I dont mind missing/adding a rogue letter, as thats easy to get around.

My thing isnt even simplified text , it's the "stupid" text. Wen ppl typ lyk dis n xpekt ppl 2 kno wat da mean.

I cant stand that shit.
                  i feel like it takes MORE work typing it wrong. but then again I know how to spell

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice View Post
                    the new excuse in the past couple of years for horrible spelling and grammar is "sorry.. im on my phone"..

if i recall correctly, every letter, number and symbol that you would normally use on a keyboard, can be found on the phone.. and most new phones have some sort of auto correct/complete.. so the excuse should simply be laziness instead.. right?..

i occasionally see "typing fast" added to that line in some form also.. if you are seriously in that much of a hurry where you cant even get out coherent sentences, maybe you should just wait until you have the time to post, get to an actual keyboard (if thats truly the case) or just dont post at all..

/rant
                    People so stupid even their smart phone gave up on them

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
                    Mine have. Past tense, and you write out any number up to 100. But this is all thanks to my English class.
                    Percentage values are to be written out in numbers.

Ask for a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                      People so stupid even their smart phone gave up on them

Comment

i dont care about grammar so much anymore as long as i can understand whats being said. you dont need punctuation to be coherent. spelling, however, isnt grammar. its intelligence.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                          I'm not spelling/writing or typing out "ninety-nine percent". ESPECIALLY when Im on my phone. Eff that.
                          I know what you mean, I would never write out "ninety-nine percent". Just wanted to feel smart one time in my life I hate how picky my English teacher is! She makes me feel like I'm a dumb-ass!

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                            Percentage values are to be written out in numbers.

Ask for a refund.
                            Not paying, Still in high school. Thanks though! Now I can argue when she says I'm wrong about that.

Comment

some time word and grammar are hard.

edit: sum time word and grammar are hard

Comment

there is a big difference between a random typo due to a small keyboard and a tiny screen, and typing like an idiot and then making excuses. last i saw, my phone would tell me i was misspelling words if i typed something like 'boi' or 'wat'. my browser is showing red lines under those words as i type them now!

if your phone makes it difficult for you to type coherently, then you have 2 options. take your time, or wait until you are at a computer. why should those of us that choose to read your nonsense have to take more time to do so just because you didnt bother taking the time to make your words clear? they are your words. your responsibility. your duty to make them make sense. not our duty to make sense of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X