who has worked in a call center before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who has worked in a call center before?

Im starting week 2 of four weeks of training for a call center. My lord is there a lot to learn.

So, tell me a bit about where you worked, what you liked, didnt like, shifts, training, etc. I would type more but i have to go back to work
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Alzheimers?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=169859

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post

See if you can get to level 2 or 3. That way you'll only deal with high level problems and most of the idiots will be filtered out.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I worked in a Microsoft call center for 2 years doing windows XP support and in another call center selling Capital One cards, lol.

Microsoft was ok, management sucked ass and they would always email everyone saying there having an early release, so the first 10 people to email back got to go home, lol. use to be a mad rush when you seen that email pop up, haha. Tons and tons of long calls too, had a 6 hour call once .

Selling credit cards was just BS, having to read everything verbatim, all the pissed of people you would get, lol.

I could go on for hours, lol.
          My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

I had one week of training in a call center

All I did was flirt with this hot french chick who sat beside me....Then I got a job at my dads factory so I got the hell out.....Call centers suck

Expect lots of turn over tho....I know that at the call centers around here people will hire on for training then quit....or if they get sucked into the job for any amount of time it doesnt take long to be eager to get out.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

I worked in a call center for about 4 hours, before I quit.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

yeah i'm hoping that a ompany near me hires soon. I enjoy the technical aspect of this job but i hate the back-end - management, the hoours, etc. The pay is not too great either. But whatever.
                My Car

Comment

You got more than 1 week of training? lol. I work for a kinda small company.

Of course the turn around is high, you gotta be as nice as possible to the people yelling at you, while dealing with the politics, what you can't say, etc.

Hey you gotta deal with idiots at lvl2 tho, its just managers and other important people calling at yell at you. Why doesn't this work for my customers?? rawrrr. I still had to go thru some customer service training before I can move up to L2 next month.
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I've worked in many call centers and worked (still work) many help desk/cust svc type of jobs. I'm even a certified customer service rep(get paid way more this way) but my job in the last 7 years is almost 100% customer svc and sales driven even though its not a call center or call center environment which is good. In a call center environment it gets stressful due to the management and all the pressure and expectattions.
                    1993 Accord LX - Sold
                    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I'm talking to a girl right now that's been working in a customer service call center for an insurance company. I know I certainly couldn't do that kind of work!

Comment

Here's a question for you call center peoples - Was training more or less interesting than sitting and getting calls on the floor?

How did you resolve angry calls? What was the worst one you got and how did you handle it?

What was the most valuable lesson you learned?
                        My Car

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                          Here's a question for you call center peoples - Was training more or less interesting than sitting and getting calls on the floor?

How did you resolve angry calls? What was the worst one you got and how did you handle it?

What was the most valuable lesson you learned?
                          Training was chill, we just listened to other people with theiir calls, when you get angry calls just put them on the do not call list and that's it. Most valuable lesson is learning the tone to talk to customers, you gotta listen to them and make them feel like you care.

Comment

Ah you were outbound. That must have been tough. I had to do outbound calling a few times and I hated it.

The job i have is taking in-bound tech suport calls so at least the customer is calling me. So far in training, the place ive struggled with is in the back end systems. the tech support side is cake. Im mid way through week 2 of 4 weeks for training. After this we are going to do nesting which im not sure how that works yet and then after 2 weeks of that we're going live.

Seems like a good program but im still hoping something better comes up soon.
                            My Car

Comment

I took psychology and a peoples person so im good at calming irate customers.....google should have some pointers how to deal with those situations
                              1993 Accord LX - Sold
                              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Working...
                              X