Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone listen to Drum & Bass, House or Trance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone listen to Drum & Bass, House or Trance?

Looking for some new stuff on either of the listed genre's, Albums mostly.

Prefer the dark sounds.. if you know what I mean.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Not sure if it's much help, but I usually tune into http://www.di.fm/

Streaming MP3 with artist names/track and they list the artist/track on the web site.
    Bart: What's your name?
    Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

di is some wonderful stuff.

im a fan of techno/trance, dont listen to it enough tho. recently ive been listening to Infected Mushroom non stop though, "converting vegetarians" is an amazing album.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I downloaded a bit of software called RipCast. I can tune DI while at work or something and RipCast will rip the MP3, split it into seperate song files, folders, etc.

Come home and I have all the trance, goa or pysche I need.

Comment

I've used those programs and been using DI for years now but the rips are low quality aren't they? Last I did it was around 48khz range. Never could find CD quality stuff to capture.

My Cardomain

Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."

Comment

Nah, they're not super quality, used to be in the 96-128 range but it looks like they've started some pay version with the higher rates, oh well.

But for great music that you would never hear on the radio, works for me.

Comment

Hmm I usually go hereShoutCast they have online radios from around the world which is really cool.

I've been trying to locate this remix of Photeks 7 Samurai (the ending of Blade 1 had it ) but no luck can any of yous help?
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Did you look for the Blade soundtrack on CD?

Comment

Yeah I listen to all of that It's good sounding!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayCar
                    Did you look for the Blade soundtrack on CD?
                    I have the soundtrack but it doesnt list it. and its not even on there for the matter.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                      I have the soundtrack but it doesnt list it. and its not even on there for the matter.

Yeah they left out a lot of good music on that soundtrack. I was pissed when I bought it and they didn't have "Dig This Vibe" by DJ Krush.

They also didn't put on that song that Stephen Dorf is listening to in the computer room on his headphones.

Do you know who does that song Accrdkid?

At least they put "Konfusion". That track always gets everone's ass shaking.

"the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Originally posted by accordme93
                        Yeah they left out a lot of good music on that soundtrack. I was pissed when I bought it and they didn't have "Dig This Vibe" by DJ Krush.

They also didn't put on that song that Stephen Dorf is listening to in the computer room on his headphones.

Kinda like the movie The Transporter.. there was one track during a fight scene that was really tight that never made it on the CD. It was the one where dude's fighting in the house in the woods. Anyone know what I'm talking about?? Better yet, anyone know the track?

My Cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by accordme93

Actually Dig this Vibe is on the cd its Track 14..and as for that track Stephen Doffs character was listening too...man I like that one alot and thats also a hard find.

Konfusion was the shit and still is...when I had my system it pounded like no ones business.

See ,thats what I loved about Blade 1 is that the movie itself was so dark that the techno beats and drum and bass used really set the mood for the various scenes in the movie.

I'll do some searchin after I download Lime Wire or Kazaa.

I have Photeks seven Samurai on my Mp3 player but like I said before I could never find the remix for the ending soundtrack.

I know Polygon Window is another name used by Richard James (aphex twin has other alias but cant remember off the top of my head) hes a bit of an encentric character, but hes really inovative and good and all his albums can be listened to here Aphex Twin . I tried searching others like Shonen Knife for that song in the scene where Blade and his sidekick Karen Jensen check out the club for a rumored blood bank.

But no luck.

I saw that movie when I was a freshman in Highschool and loved it ever since.

Oh and another thing check out Massive Attack they're really good. If youve ever seen the Smirnoff Vodka commercial they use the track from their recently released album 100th Window which is a very good album if you like mellowed out techno just to chill too.

Im picking up Mezzanine in a couple days. Gotta up my techno cd collection

*edit*

The have a second CD which had the music for Blade for the fight scene (fucking awesome I still get chills watching it ) and the other scenes with just the orchestra playing in the background.
                          Last edited by HenRoc; 02-16-2005, 03:52 PM.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          Legend FSM

Comment

I saw that movie a while back, but I don't remember any of the music.
                            "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Mezzanine has always kicked ass. Great music to put on when it's a hot summer night and you gonna get naughty with your woman. Very sexual and powerful music. The first album was the best.

My Cardomain

Comment

Working...
                              X