Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a girlfriend anymore...

I have a fiancee

I proposed last night. After 7 years of "nothing serious" (that's what I told her when I asked her out... go figure) we're finally engaged. I didn't want to do it on the cliche' day, but I have my reasons. The ring has some smaller diamonds on either side of the main diamond. Those smaller diamonds belonged to my grandmother, and Valentine's Day is her birthday.

So, I cooked dinner for the woman I made Beef tenderloin, covered in bernaise sauce and mixed sauteed mushrooms. On the side I had sauteed zucchini and yellow squash, and my favorite thing of all: a double baked potato, hollowed out and restuffed, the insides mashed and mixed with corn and A1 sauce (Meg loves A1, and that was her invention).

After dinner, I gave her 3 heart boxes of candy. The first one had just candy in it. The second had candy and a bracelet that goes very well with the ring... the third had some really good chocolate truffles... surrounding the ring. When she opened that box, I flopped on one knee (probably a little too soon, but I don't think she cared). It's always interesting when you get "OK" rather than "yes"

After I asked her, and she was about to call everyone she knows, I hit the "x" key on my computer (the screen was off, and she didn't know the box was on). If anyone knows, "x" is the shortcut key for "play" when using Winamp... I had our song ready to go. That was a nice little touch, I must say

It wasn't anything huge, but it was definitely good. Everything went as planned, and that NEVER happens to me!

Congrats!!! That was totally sweet I'm sure she is one lucky woman.

Comment

Deev congrats man.

At the hockey game last night some guy proposed to his gf..on the scoreboard she didnt even say yes just shocked I suppose.

Did you play some Barry White You know you gotta play some of those old school funk.

Congrats man better make that car the just married ride
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I wish I could have a huge CB7 presence at the wedding... well, I COULD have everyone at the wedding, but I can't afford to pay for the reception for everyone!

Anyone who wants to come to the wedding (not till September 2006, or September 2007, depending on what we can afford) is more than welcome! So far the only one I know for sure that will be at both the wedding and the reception from cb7tuner.com is 93twodoorLX... because he'll be my brother-in-law

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          I wish I could have a huge CB7 presence at the wedding... well, I COULD have everyone at the wedding, but I can't afford to pay for the reception for everyone!

Anyone who wants to come to the wedding (not till September 2006, or September 2007, depending on what we can afford) is more than welcome! So far the only one I know for sure that will be at both the wedding and the reception from cb7tuner.com is 93twodoorLX... because he'll be my brother-in-law
          Say what? Sweet brother inlaws on Cb7!

That would be the coolest thing ever man.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Congrats man! Good luck to you both! Just dont have a kid till you're ready.... haha

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Yeah, I know that! How's that situation coming along with you, Ken? Good, I hope!

We're planning on kids in 3-4 years... I own a house already, so we're set there. We'll start shopping for a bigger place by the time we're ready to have a second kid. I'll be working on my graduate degrees (Masters first, so I can make decent money, and a Doctorate so I can send my kids to college ) I basically have my life planned out till I'm 40!

Comment

A big CONGRATS Deev! When the wedding day nears, just have a big invite of when/where it's taking place on the home page of CB7tuner . Again congrats!
                "Don't give up, don't ever give up" - Jimmy Valvano

Comment

Congrats I thought u got dumped when i read the title of the thread! goodluck with the future man!

Comment

Thanks

And Rob, just as an interesting factoid... I'm considering the Kings Grant clubhouse for a reception location

Comment

congrats dude...
                      --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        I have a fiancee

I proposed last night. After 7 years of "nothing serious" (that's what I told her when I asked her out... go figure) we're finally engaged. I didn't want to do it on the cliche' day, but I have my reasons. The ring has some smaller diamonds on either side of the main diamond. Those smaller diamonds belonged to my grandmother, and Valentine's Day is her birthday.

So, I cooked dinner for the woman I made Beef tenderloin, covered in bernaise sauce and mixed sauteed mushrooms. On the side I had sauteed zucchini and yellow squash, and my favorite thing of all: a double baked potato, hollowed out and restuffed, the insides mashed and mixed with corn and A1 sauce (Meg loves A1, and that was her invention).

After dinner, I gave her 3 heart boxes of candy. The first one had just candy in it. The second had candy and a bracelet that goes very well with the ring... the third had some really good chocolate truffles... surrounding the ring. When she opened that box, I flopped on one knee (probably a little too soon, but I don't think she cared). It's always interesting when you get "OK" rather than "yes"

After I asked her, and she was about to call everyone she knows, I hit the "x" key on my computer (the screen was off, and she didn't know the box was on). If anyone knows, "x" is the shortcut key for "play" when using Winamp... I had our song ready to go. That was a nice little touch, I must say

It wasn't anything huge, but it was definitely good. Everything went as planned, and that NEVER happens to me!
                        You're gonna make her a good bitch one day...

haha just playing man, sounds like you had everything down, very cool!

oh and the girl sitting here reading the story with me just hit me and said i was a bad person for saying that, she applauds the gesture.

Comment

Congrats Mike!
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

Congrats mike, i think this calls for the biggest cb7 meet when the time to walk down the isle comes

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                            Frost White Member 13
                            My Ride
                            "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

aww mike that makes me so happy that you finally did it!!! im so excited for you!!! im grinning from ear to ear.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X