my 'appreciation' thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 'appreciation' thread

i never thought i would be one who would be posting a thread about how i appreciate everything... but really, theres some things that have really been getting to me.

if this site never existed, there would be NO way that id have an H22 in my car and running, and i wouldnt know half of the great friends that i have now. like... ACCLUDE91 tought me everything i know about H22s.

what i appreciate most is my friends from all over the north east that help me out all the time. like right now im running excalibur02's alternator (i got stranded on the side of the road and him and the other NE people came and saved me, my alty died and he let me borrow his extra one) and im running mdizzle4shizzle's P14 ECU (my p13 died, and 5 minutes later he showed up at my house to say hi and he let me borrow his p14 for the past few months). i needed an engine hoist, and oh, two seconds later there was 93accordEX saying i could borrow his for as long as I need. mayberry4thgen / excalibur02 both helped me with my swap. and its awesome since ive become friends with mayberry, ive had a connection to a shop that has parts, and ive been getting my feet wet in parts cars and dealing with buying shells and travelling all over finding deals. its crazy to me, i used to hate cars a couple years ago... and here i am buying a vtec lude with mayberry to part it out! also ive had connections to extra tranny's, discounted OEM parts, just... its awesome.

my room has since turned into a parts bin. h22 parts, f22 parts, body panels, just... stuff all over. parts swapping hands all around me, selling parts to ppl, buying cheap parts, trading, loaning to friends, i mean even the fact that i needed a shift boot, so i went to excalibur02's house, we stopped off at coco's house, and picked me up a shift boot for free.

im starting to get into repairs for money... buying dead/damaged cars, fixing them, and selling. i mean im jobless, and its something i can do to make some money to feed my money pit cb7. i mean i even have enough parts lying around my room to fix some common problems... combine that with mixed and matched parts from local friends that i can get for cheap, this is gonna turn into a pretty good way to make some money.

i just really appreciate all the help ive gotten from everyone here, online, and also in person. i wouldnt be in my position in life, actually considering opening a shop... if it werent for all of you.

ok im done being emo lol
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 01-06-2005, 02:55 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

We get by with a lil help from our friends?
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Awww mike do you want a hug and one nice large smooch on the cheek cause im sure JDMCB7 will be glad if i hooked you two up! Anyways your welcome for me making fun of your skinny ass! :P Have fun mike and good luck im back to square one as well!
      To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
        i used to hate cars a couple years ago...
        glad you changed your way of life

Comment

yeah i love this site and the people in it.
          are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Soy: Damn, man! Hate like hell to see your baby in that shape! This is the first thread I saw it in, that's why I'm posting this here.

cpmike: I'm glad as well you changed your tune about cars! And I have to agree about the people on this site. Altho I haven't had the pleasure of meeting anyone here in person, there have been plenty of people help me here on-line. Great thread.
            Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Comment

I agree. This site truly is home to an amazing amount of great people! Mikey, you definitely deserve mention in the "appreciation thread" yourself. How many swaps have you assisted? There are a number of people on here that would be stuck, or at least stuck for a little longer, without your help. You've also helped people get parts without looking to make a killer profit (I'm thinking of Sean's free mudflaps that arrived in the mail one day )

I'd also have to mention Steve, for paying for this site out of pocket... and for working so hard to organize the greatest meets. He definitely puts in a good deal of effort to make everything go great for everyone.
              There's also Jay, 92accordDX, that has helped me with a ton of things. All I have to do is say "I want to do this to my car" and he automatically puts himself in the picture. I don't think I ever really needed to ask for help.
              Finally, Juan, icedplaya123... He's been there for a lot of stuff, and thanks to him (and blkhonda1991 as well) I have my cool rims and HIDs And I guess Juan has his car partly because of me. I hope that's a good thing!

There are a number of people on here that I could ramble on and on about for their great contributions... both regarding my car and my life itself. I'll take a cue from Mikey and stop being emo now though

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                i never thought i would be one who would be posting a thread about how i appreciate everything... but really, theres some things that have really been getting to me.

if this site never existed, there would be NO way that id have an H22 in my car and running, and i wouldnt know half of the great friends that i have now. like... ACCLUDE91 tought me everything i know about H22s.

what i appreciate most is my friends from all over the north east that help me out all the time. like right now im running excalibur02's alternator (i got stranded on the side of the road and him and the other NE people came and saved me, my alty died and he let me borrow his extra one) and im running mdizzle4shizzle's P14 ECU (my p13 died, and 5 minutes later he showed up at my house to say hi and he let me borrow his p14 for the past few months). i needed an engine hoist, and oh, two seconds later there was 93accordEX saying i could borrow his for as long as I need. mayberry4thgen / excalibur02 both helped me with my swap. and its awesome since ive become friends with mayberry, ive had a connection to a shop that has parts, and ive been getting my feet wet in parts cars and dealing with buying shells and travelling all over finding deals. its crazy to me, i used to hate cars a couple years ago... and here i am buying a vtec lude with mayberry to part it out! also ive had connections to extra tranny's, discounted OEM parts, just... its awesome.

my room has since turned into a parts bin. h22 parts, f22 parts, body panels, just... stuff all over. parts swapping hands all around me, selling parts to ppl, buying cheap parts, trading, loaning to friends, i mean even the fact that i needed a shift boot, so i went to excalibur02's house, we stopped off at coco's house, and picked me up a shift boot for free.

im starting to get into repairs for money... buying dead/damaged cars, fixing them, and selling. i mean im jobless, and its something i can do to make some money to feed my money pit cb7. i mean i even have enough parts lying around my room to fix some common problems... combine that with mixed and matched parts from local friends that i can get for cheap, this is gonna turn into a pretty good way to make some money.

i just really appreciate all the help ive gotten from everyone here, online, and also in person. i wouldnt be in my position in life, actually considering opening a shop... if it werent for all of you.

ok im done being emo lol
                Mike..dude I wish you couldve taken my car. Like I mentioned before. I would have loved to see my car in the hands of someone else whos so dedicated to it..and your the perfect example of one besides all of us.

Mike will travel for no hassle..thats your motto dude
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Oh and another thing.

Group hug dudes.

This site will always be my fav.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

mike you gonna help me with my swap when i get my h22?

Comment

maple ill do ur swap if u ever get an h22.......
                      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
                        Awww mike do you want a hug and one nice large smooch on the cheek cause im sure JDMCB7 will be glad if i hooked you two up! Anyways your welcome for me making fun of your skinny ass! :P Have fun mike and good luck im back to square one as well!
                        3-some w/ Josh, Mike and Soy?!?! This thread makes me feel so emo. I do love you guys here though
                        Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
                          3-some w/ Josh, Mike and Soy?!?! This thread makes me feel so emo. I do love you guys here though
                          What about meeeeeeeee?
                          '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                          -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                          10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

man dont even recognize the Washingtonian peeps.. gezzz and me holding the clmate control for you. even after i get swapped with like 10 emails aday of people asking for it.

LOL j/k
                            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by br0nx finest
                              What about meeeeeeeee?
                              hahahahah this is turning into a regular orgy
                              Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                              The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Working...
                              X