Mad Nice HandHeld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad Nice HandHeld

I was thinking about buying myself a nice XMAS present, and I started looking @ these handhelds. Shits like a minicomputer from what it looks like. It has built in Bluetooth, GPS, the works. Apparently, you can browse the web like a regular browser, CB7tuner and all. Anyone have any clue if these are any good? Im sorta new to this shit. Thanks.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...=19&l=en&s=dhs
    My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

I really like those too but i cant see myself spending that much money on something i kno that i personally wouldnt use too often, although i really want an mp4 player

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
    Frost White Member 13
    My Ride
    "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Those are really nice. Kinda pricey for me but they do work. Ive seen alot of people with things like those latley... Hell if i had the money id get one.. =)

Comment

I know a bit about PDA's, so I'll fill you in.

The Axim X30 is a very good Pocket PC, one of the best ones on the market today (624MHz is the fastest handheld CPU's get). It has WiFi in addition to the Bluetooth that you mentioned, meaning that if you buy a wireless router or go to a hotspot you can connect to the internet wirelessly, usually in the range of about 50-300 feet from the access point depending on a number of circumstances. It does not, however, have built in GPS. You could buy a GPS kit, though, for about $100-$200.

In addition to web browsing, you can buy an SD memory card and listen to mp3's, or watch movies. There are also alot of games available as well.

If you really are interested in getting one, there are less expensive ones available, and also another operation system (Palm OS, as opposed to Windows Mobile) as well.

If you have any questions, let me know.

-Cpmike's brother

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

pocket pcs are for me usless and for 503! you should put it to better use everytime i buy one of those pieces of shit i never use them and trhey become outdated and boring.
          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
            I was thinking about buying myself a nice XMAS present, and I started looking @ these handhelds. Shits like a minicomputer from what it looks like. It has built in Bluetooth, GPS, the works. Apparently, you can browse the web like a regular browser, CB7tuner and all. Anyone have any clue if these are any good? Im sorta new to this shit. Thanks.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...=19&l=en&s=dhs
            I have an X30, and it is truly amazing. Given all of the features and the very low price compared to others, it's a must buy.

Make sure you get the 624 MHz processor, and get the huge battery. That way you can use GPS flawlessly, and even watch DVD's.

Comment

I have an OLD Ipaq... I like it for what it does, but the new ones seem so much better. To me, the pocket PCs still have a way to go before they can truly be useful for more than a glorified personal organizer. Still, they're neat to play with!

I'm waiting for a full featured engine tuning program to come out for the pocket PC that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
                pocket pcs are for me usless and for 503! you should put it to better use everytime i buy one of those pieces of shit i never use them and trhey become outdated and boring.
                i agree..ive had 2.

the internet wont work unless you have a wireless internet plan (expensive $50 and up), or unless you set up an account a like starbucks or NYC mcdonalds (but they charge i think $2 per visit)

just get a Sidekick 2 from t-mobile. you get IM, Internet, the works. All for $20 added to your normal phone bill. its a phone/internet communication device in one! you can even browse cb7tuner! oh an its about $200 so youll have $300 left over for your car!

Comment

i Have the HP IPAQ 6315,

GSM/BLUETOOTH/WIFI (802.11B)

Its alright as far as devices go,

its not too fast, to save battery power, i guess for the purpose of using as a normal phone, my experience with it has not been the best, shipped with Windows Mobile 2003 Phone edition, first edition, it can be quite buggy and have some hang-ups, but flash it with a build of ce 5.0 and your good to go,
                  its nice to be able to get a connection most anywhere i go, but of course dial up speeds aren’t really the best for much but checking email or if you must web browsing, but of course you shouldn’t try it if you are in a hurry.

I would recommend the sidekick II as well, of course it is made by audiovox, and i don’t know how much it can be trusted

Jesse

Comment

Alright, I appreciate all your reviews and advice, and I've honestly am Leaning towards the sidekick 2 because of all it's features, but only thing, I wouldn't be using it as a phone, which is the 29.99 data plan. I already have verizon (2 year contract). So, I checked out this device on cingular.com called an OGO. It looks semi coo, but no web function, and still 17.99 a month. the t-mobile is 12.00 more plus u get web functionality which is tight. I'm still fucking confused, anyone? How good is the browsing on the sidekick?

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                      Alright, I appreciate all your reviews and advice, and I've honestly am Leaning towards the sidekick 2 because of all it's features, but only thing, I wouldn't be using it as a phone, which is the 29.99 data plan. I already have verizon (2 year contract). So, I checked out this device on cingular.com called an OGO. It looks semi coo, but no web function, and still 17.99 a month. the t-mobile is 12.00 more plus u get web functionality which is tight. I'm still fucking confused, anyone? How good is the browsing on the sidekick?
                      It's not too bad, i mean its a little bit faster than dial up, able to view normal html pages, no java support tho, its pretty nice for email and IM

Jesse

Comment

i think im gonna get the PSP
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                          i think im gonna get the PSP
                          That's beyond mine when it comes out. My boy just left for japan like 2 days ago, he claims it came out there, and he's getting himself one. Only problem, shits in japanese. 400 bucks and no inglese. Sooo, ill just wait.

Comment

quick update: PROUD NEW SIDEKICK OWNER, bought online, so I avoided $17.50 in Tax. I'll update on how much I like it.

Comment

Working...
                            X