Where the heck have I been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where the heck have I been?

My computer blew up... I mean, the whole thing is crapping out on me!

First off, I can't get it to start. The CD and DVD drives make noise, but the computer never goes *beep*. Sounds like a bad BIOS chip to me... Time to just replace the damn mobo, and get a new processor while I'm at it!

The fan on my video card also died on me last night, so now I have to use my OLD card... which means no more GT2 for a while! (unless I can swap fans... hmmmmm....)

My power source is making tons of scary noises. That could be another $40 to replace that, if I need to (could be why the mobo died on me, not enough power).

Finally, my hard drive has been in questionable shape for a while now.

SOOOO... if you guys were wondering where I went, there ya go! I should be up and running in a week or so. Until then, it's school and my mom's house!

I thought they made you work all day and night at Bennigans i was like poor mike , glad too everything else is ok aside from the computer thats acting up.

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
    Frost White Member 13
    My Ride
    "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Oddly enough, I was just thinking to myself 'where has deevergote been lately?'. Now I know.

Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

haha yeahhh right mike.. u know u've been hookin up that turbo system in ur cb7.. u sneaky sneaky man

whoo! finally an official cb7tuner member!

Comment

I wish. I DID change out my POS Bosch Platinum 4 plugs (waste of $20+) for some NGK Irridium IX... MUCH better!

Comment

haha word, i've been wondering about where you've been, i wanted to ask you more about getting my car done at the place who did yours.
            '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
            -'93 BRP LX 4AT
            -'92 AGP LX 5MT
            -'93 AGP EX 4AT
            10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Re: Where the heck have I been?

Originally posted by deevergote

My computer blew up... I mean, the whole thing is crapping out on me!

First off, I can't get it to start. The CD and DVD drives make noise, but the computer never goes *beep*. Sounds like a bad BIOS chip to me... Time to just replace the damn mobo, and get a new processor while I'm at it!

The fan on my video card also died on me last night, so now I have to use my OLD card... which means no more GT2 for a while! (unless I can swap fans... hmmmmm....)

My power source is making tons of scary noises. That could be another $40 to replace that, if I need to (could be why the mobo died on me, not enough power).

Finally, my hard drive has been in questionable shape for a while now.

SOOOO... if you guys were wondering where I went, there ya go! I should be up and running in a week or so. Until then, it's school and my mom's house!

Time for a new computer mabye?

Comment

Re: Re: Where the heck have I been?

Originally posted by 93accord2dr
                Time for a new computer mabye?
                Yup. I ordered the new motherboard and processor in school today. bzboyz.com or something... cheap-o pricewatch stuff, but it should be good enough

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Where the heck have I been?

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Yup. I ordered the new motherboard and processor in school today. bzboyz.com or something... cheap-o pricewatch stuff, but it should be good enough
                  what brand and models did u get? just curious.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Biostar mobo and Athlon Sentron (or whatever it is... something new to me...) 1.93mhz.

I know Biostar isn't a great brand, but it comes with an nvidia chipset (also something new to me... didn't know they went beyond video cards).

For $105 and change shipped, I can't complain! CompUSA wanted $300 for similar stuff!

Comment

Did you use Newegg or Pricewatch?

Comment

Pricewatch. I know there are some shady dealers on there, but I usually have good luck. I often use Pricewatch and Tigerdirect exclusively... (can you use two things exclusively? )

Comment

Working...
                        X