Strange object in pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange object in pic

I started working with my younger brother who owns a hardwood flooring company. Still small, but making money. We installed a gorgeous custom floor last week, and stained and applied the poly coats to it this week. The house is late 19th/early 20th century, huge and has the potential to be spooky. The homeowner just dropped $8000 on green granite countertops with veining, had them put on top of black distressed cabinets and had us stain the floor a green shade to match the counters.

The floor turned out so well I took some pictures. This one is the only one with anything weird in it.

WTF is that just above and left of the flash glare? How quick does something have to move to be a blur on a digital image when everything else is in focus? Looking close, it looks like something round caught in motion. there's also an orb on this one (up and to the right of the anomaly) that isn't on the next one either. And it's not dust, you can see the little specks of dust on the lense, they look like little specks of dust, not big invisible blurs.

Nothing in this pic of the same area. Granted it's a little closer, but the flash glare still shows, where's the anomaly? Where's the other orb?

creapy yo....is it a roach?
    back at it again

Comment

not too daubt you maybe thats your flash? hey i watch ghost hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
        creapy yo....is it a roach?
        It would be a big fat fast white roach, and I'd have seen it on our freshly coated floor. The floor is still wet in those pics. Nothing was running across them, and I was looking down when I took the pic, I'd have seen something moving across it.

You can clearly see my flash in the glare on the floor though. It's not a moving smear of light.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          It would be a big fat fast white roach, and I'd have seen it on our freshly coated floor. The floor is still wet in those pics. Nothing was running across them, and I was looking down when I took the pic, I'd have seen something moving across it.

You can clearly see my flash in the glare on the floor though. It's not a moving smear of light.
          true but damn thats weird. lol
          back at it again

Comment

Very nice looking floors.

Comment

It is either floor glare or most likely a piece of dust or something floating in the air that caught the flash and reflected back, and was close to the lens of the camera. Also, since the angle is verty different, it would mean that the same reflection which could cause the lighting abnormality to not display in the 2nd pic.

No expert here, just a skeptic.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Comment

^^^

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                    It is either floor glare or most likely a piece of dust or something floating in the air that caught the flash and reflected back, and was close to the lens of the camera. Also, since the angle is verty different, it would mean that the same reflection which could cause the lighting abnormality to not display in the 2nd pic.

No expert here, just a skeptic.
                    i agree with mike. and considering how long the lens was probably open for the first pic im sure there was time for a piece of reflective dust (a dry flake of poly?) to cause a streak. but thats just me. and like mike said, using 2 separate pics arent a good comparison because there are a MILLION variables changed between taking two different shots...

nice floor, though.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Could always just be another odd lens flare. What condition is the lens in? A hairline scratch with light hitting it at the right angle could make such a mark.

And yeah, nice floor. I'm planning on having mine done sometime soon... my linoleum is gross, and my dog destroyed my carpet. Time to finish the wood underneath!

Comment

WOW those floors look great !
                        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

maybe someone flicked a booger

USDM as F$CK

Comment

That'd be one fast booger!

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
                              WOW those floors look great !
                              x2!

that glare aint nothing, just a glare....

see that 'orb' or octagon looking glare? some people believe those are positive orbs of spirits of the dead, separate life forms or even nature spirits...

OR JUST DUST PARTICLES!

you decide, you decide...
                              93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Working...
                              X